Thai Intro - 9 Day
- Our saving
- US $ 730
- Travel through Bangkok by tuk-tuk
- Take a traditional Thai cooking class
- Explore Khao Sok National Park
- Snorkel and swim under waterfalls
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Hotel, Bungalow, Guesthouse
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Boat, Local Transport, Private Vehicle, Ferry
- Rather Poor
- CallumWritten on February 19, 20184.5 - ExcellentThaiIntro has been such a great experience to meet new people and take part in great memorable activities. Being an 18 year old and only being abroad once before this, this has been a great way to ease myself into travelling around Thailand for 3 months. Our group leader Nathan Alfonso has made me feel very welcome and we have all been able to have great banter with him. As a fussy eater, Nathan pushed me to try new food so I can get the full experience. Although he had injured himself before we started, he has still motivated us to take part in everything and tried his best to join in. Even when travelling in the taxi to get to some great destinations, he made it fun and memorable by making it special to all of us. If I was asked to do this trip again I would definitely take them up on the opportunity. I hope to do more of this in the future.Show detailed ratings
- SJSavannahWritten on February 19, 20184.5 - ExcellentI had an amazing trip to Thailand with IntroTravel. The trip was filled with awesome experiences and things I never imagined I would do. I would definitely recommend the tour for solo travellers as you are able to make a lot of friends and join in activities. The accomdatiom was all very comfortable and nice especially in Koh Phangan. The group leader was very informative and supported us throughout the trip. He ensured fun was had by everyone.Show detailed ratings
- AJAbigailWritten on February 19, 20184.5 - ExcellentThai intro has to be one of the best experiences of my life so far! It was well organised and our guide, Nathan, always made sure we were all happy and comfortable with everything! I have met an amazing group of people that I hope to remain friends with for life! Our guide, Nathan, was brilliant. I unfortunately had an accident on the flight here and burnt my legs - upon arriving at the airport Nathan took me straight to the hospital and continued to do so every day for dressing changes and was always checking up on me to see if I was OK! He always made sure that the group was comfortable and happy and helped bring the group together with his party games and crazy stories! I will now continue traveling Thailand for a further couple of months - Nathan has given me a lot of advice and recommendations on what to do and where to stay as well as helping to organise our further onward travel. Thank you for making this the most incredible experience!Show detailed ratings
- TessaWritten on February 19, 20184.5 - ExcellentSuch a great experience! Do it! The tour gives you a great start in Bangkok, where you experience the old and the new way of Thai life. My highlight was the cooking class, definitely recreating the recipes when I get back home! The overnight train takes you down to ko sok, aka paradise! Float and kayak your way to bliss! Then head to ko phang nang and sarano bungalows for some much needed rest! Party, eat and sun bathe! Had such a great time meeting new people and trying new things! Can now say I've snorkeled and had a water fight with elephants! Nathan our tour guide was awesome, kept everyone happy and joined in with all the fun! Great guy, even if he has terribly cheesey taste in music and lost his forfeit hat on purpose!Show detailed ratings
- SMShirelleWritten on February 19, 20185.0 - ExcellentAmazing!!!!!! Loved every minute of the tour... everything was well organised, well explained and well worth the money. Our team rep Nathan was brilliant and made the tour even better with his banter and jokes but also his friendly manner. Would definitely recommend to a friend and I will also be attending another tour date in the near future!!! Thank you so much for an amazing experience that I will never forget. XShow detailed ratings
- AnonymousWritten on February 19, 20185.0 - ExcellentHad a fantastic time on Thai Intro! Perfect first experience travelling in Asia. The trip had a great balance of pulsating nightlife, idyllic beach relaxation and unforgettable experiences. In particular the elephant experience, UV party and floating bungalows at Khao Sok were unbelievable! The whole experience was very seamless with taxis, boats and tuk tuks ready to ferry the group to the next location. Nathan our group leader had infectious enthusiasm and great banter, and really lifted the group. You can tell he makes it his personal responsibility to ensure everyone on the trip has the best experience possible, which I really appreciated. He also helped a lot with tips and bookings for the rest of my trip after Thai Intro ended. Would definitely recommend Thai Intro to anyone looking to visit Thailand for the first time! P.s. It's all about Song Pong babyyyy!Show detailed ratings
- SJSophieWritten on February 19, 20185.0 - ExcellentThai intro was amazing! Louis our host/guide was brilliant. He really helped with anything you needed, any questions you had. It really put me at ease travelling on my own. We fitted so much into the 9 days together I would highly recommend. Louis is an amazing guy and really made sure we all had an unforgettable trip. Would high recommend! What a stress free way to start any traveling experienceShow detailed ratings
- SteveWritten on February 17, 20185.0 - ExcellentI have had a fantastic time on Thai Intro. Lucy has been brilliant every step of the way to ensure a fun and smooth trip. I’ve never done a tour before when travelling but this was a great way to have a more chilled out experience and meet some awesome people. I would definitely do a tour with Intro Travel again!Show detailed ratings
- AnnabelWritten on February 17, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe Thai intro trip has been amazing from start to end. All the activities and destinations were so good and I definitely wouldn’t of found the secret spots without coming on the tour, like Khao Sok National Park with the floating bungalows. We’ve been so lucky with the weather which made the experience even better. Lucy knows everything and anything, from the fun elephant facts to the back street cooking class, she’s been so lovely, funny and so positive the whole way. I’m now going onto the Bali intro and I’m super excited for what’s to come! I would highly recommend Intro toursShow detailed ratings
- SFSarahWritten on February 17, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe trip of a lifetime! Being my first big trip, I was really worried I wouldn’t be able to navigate such a place or really enjoy the limited time I was able to get off work. This trip was EVERYTHING I hoped for and more. After the long flight, being greeted by such a happy, smiling face - I knew right away Lucy was going to make this trip amazing. She was our tour guide and I honestly don’t think this trip would’ve been what it was without her. She made everything fun, included everyone, was always so helpful and knowledgeable, and ready to answer any questions or concerns we had. She said at the beginning of the trip we wouldn’t need to stress about anything, and she was right. Not only was she THE BEST tour guide, she truly became a friend - along with the countless other wonderful people we met along this trip. This was the best, most adventurous, yet relaxing trip I’ve ever been on. Each new place and accomdation was more picturesque than the one before. From the busy Bangkok nightlife, the sleepover style overnight train, to the STUNNING national park and floating bungalows, and finishing up at the beautiful Koh Phangan bungalows, this trip is worth the money for the views alone; the memories made and irreplacable time had was all just a massive bonus. I will be recommending this trip to anyone and everyone, over and over again. The accommodations, night life, day trips, beaches, fun group activities, and everything in between made it a very hard trip to beat. I look forward to future travels with intro travel!!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Day 1 - Arrive and meet the Group in Bangkok
Start point Wild Orchid, 8 Soi Phra-arthit Rd. ถนน พระอาทิตย์, Chana Songkhram Alley, Chana Songkhram, Phra Nakhon, Bangkok 10200, Thailand 19:00
- Day 2 - River Cruise & Temples
- Day 3 - Thai Cooking Class & Overnight Train
- Day 4 - Khao Sok National Park
- Day 5 - Arrive in Koh Phangan & Beach Party
- Day 6 - Traditional Thai Massage & Beach time
- Day 7 - Island Boat trip, Snorkelling & Waterfalls
- Day 8 - Muay Thai or Yoga Experience*
Day 9 - Check out & Onward travel
End point Sarana Bungalows, 17/4 Moo 2, Baan Tai, Ko Phangan, Surat Thani 84280, Thailand
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
Bangkok - Wild Orchid
Address: 8 Soi Phra-arthit Rd. ถนน พระอาทิตย์, ซอย ชนะสงคราม แขวง ชนะสงคราม เขต พระนคร กรุงเทพมหานคร 10200, Thailand
Khao Sok - Floating bungalow
Address: 20/16-20/18 Moo 3, Khao Wong, Ban Ta Khun District, Surat Thani 84230, Thailand
Koh Phangan - Sarana Bungalows
Address: 17/4 Moo 2, Baan Tai, Ko Phangan, สุราษฎร์ธานี 84280, Thailand
*Please note exact accommodation and details are re-confirmed at time of booking and subject to change up to 6 weeks prior to departure
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- May 1, 2017
When we leave Thailand, do we have to fly back to bangkok to depart back home or can we fly out of Koh Phangan?
You can't fly out of Koh Phangan as there is no airport there.
- April 1, 2017
Am I the only solo traveller on this tour?
We have loads of solo travellers so you won't be the only one.
- April 1, 2017
Is it possible to upgrade the accommodation?
We do not offer an upgrades to the accommodation.
Guides who have led this tour
- "I’ve been working as a Tour Leader for Intro Travel now for over a year. I absolutely love showing..."
- "I'm Jay from Ireland and have been traveling for over 2 and a half years! I started off backpacking in..."
- "I am a fun loving, travel hungry, people person and always love to see the brighter side of life. Being..."
- "Hi guys! My names Britt & I'm a group leader for Thaintro :) "
- "Hey, I'm Sara. I've been travelling and working in Asia for over 2 years. Working for ThaIntro is the..."
- "Hey guys, I'm Josh! I've been working for the awesome Thaintro since August 2015, I have traveled the..."
- "Hey guys, I'm Dan, I'm 22 years old from Essex, UK. I started as a group leader for intro travel in February..."
- "Hey guys!! Dave here :) I work for an amazing company called intro travel and loving life being a group..."
- "Hey Guys, I'm Jon! After spending time travelling I decided to return to my favourite place and join..."
- "Hey Guys! Thanks for taking the time to check out my profile. So the story of Sam and how I got to where..."
- "Hey Guys! My names Jack and I am a group leader working for Intro Travel, running the Thaintro tour in..."
- "Hello! My name is Will and I have the best job in the world working for intro travel. I get to show great..."
- "Hello! My name is Matt and I am lucky enough to be a tour guide for the WINNER of the best tour in the..."
- "Hello everyone! Here's something you don't know about me I am 25 years old and have been traveling for..."
- "Hello beautiful people! Thanks guys for helping me out in my mission to the top! It's been a pleasure..."
4,285 travellers met using the Meet App before going on their Intro Travel Thai Intro - 9 Day tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour. If you don't find your departure date, add a meet and others travellers will join.
- Departs 23rd February 20181 comment"Just booked the 9day thai intro tour, Anyone on that group..."
- Departs 27th February 20183 comments"Hi anyone else going on this tour? "+1
- Departs 17th June 20181 comment"Anyone else on this tour?"
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Eleanor G4th February 2018
Thai Intro - 9 Day
- Upcoming departures
- February 2018
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- FridayFeb 23, 2018from Bangkok9 DaysSaturdayMar 3, 2018to Koh Phangan4 seats left$19USD $730
- TuesdayFeb 27, 2018from Bangkok9 DaysWednesdayMar 7, 2018to Koh Phangan10+ seats left$19USD $730
- FridayMar 2, 2018from Bangkok9 DaysSaturdayMar 10, 2018to Koh Phangan10+ seats left$19USD $730
- SundayMar 4, 2018from Bangkok9 DaysMondayMar 12, 2018to Koh Phangan9 seats left$19USD $730
- WednesdayMar 7, 2018from Bangkok9 DaysThursdayMar 15, 2018to Koh Phangan10+ seats left$19USD $730
- FridayMar 9, 2018from Bangkok9 DaysSaturdayMar 17, 2018to Koh Phangan10+ seats left$19USD $730
- SundayMar 11, 2018from Bangkok9 DaysMondayMar 19, 2018to Koh Phangan7 seats left$19USD $730
- TuesdayMar 13, 2018from Bangkok9 DaysWednesdayMar 21, 2018to Koh Phangan6 seats left$19USD $730
- SaturdayMar 17, 2018from Bangkok9 DaysSundayMar 25, 2018to Koh Phangan9 seats left$19USD $730
- MondayMar 19, 2018from Bangkok9 DaysTuesdayMar 27, 2018to Koh Phangan9 seats left$19USD $730
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Thailand. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Bangkok is the starting point and Koh Phangan is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $150 to confirm this Intro Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 35 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 27 March 2018 the full payment of $730 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $730 for Thai Intro - 9 Day, but the deposit of $150 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Intro Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intro Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Bangkok (Thailand)
- 575 km
- Khao Sok National Park (Thailand)
- 162 km
- Koh Phangan (Thailand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $730 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 4,339 tours in Asia
- covered by 157 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Thai Intro - 9 Day via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 4,285 travellers have already met
before they left for Thai Intro - 9 Day tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 3587 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Thai Intro - 9 Day