Pakistan's Karakoram Highway
Start and end in Islamabad
- Tour Operator:
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 16 to 85
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
- Hygiene Measures:
Pay over time with smaller, interest-free instalments. Learn More
Book once and share the cost with split payments. Learn More
Plan your adventure:
Start and end in Islamabad! With the Explorer tour Pakistan's Karakoram Highway, you have a 14 days tour package taking you through Islamabad, Pakistan and 9 other destinations in Pakistan. Pakistan's Karakoram Highway includes accommodation in a hotel as well as flights, an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Day 1 Trip starts in Islamabad; afternoon orientation tour of the capital
- Day 2 Drive into the mountains and onto Naran, in the Kaghan Valley
- Day 3 Join the Karakoram Highway and drive into the Astore Valley, crossing Babussar Pass
- Day 4 Drive into the Upper Rupal Valley for a walk up to Nanga Parbat Base Camp (3550m)
- Day 5 Drive up and across the Deosai Plateau to Skardu, stopping at Satpara Buddha and Satpura Lake
- Day 6 Full day exploring the towering forts and villages of the Skardu Valley
- Day 7 Re-join the Karakoram Highway and drive to Gilgit, the heart of the Karakoram region
- Day 8 Drive to Karimabad, explore the mighty Baltit Fort and take in sunset over the Hunza Valley
- Day 9 Full day exploring the Hunza Valley with a walk on Hoper Glacier
- Day 10 Leave the Karakoram Highway and drive to the small town of Gupis
- Day 11 Explore the remote Yasin Valley by 4WD and on foot
- Day 12 Drive to Naran via the Babusar Pass
- Day 13 Drive back to Islamabad, visiting UNESCO site of Taxila and then explore Rawalpindi
- Day 14 Trip ends in Islamabad
Automatically translated. View in EnglishRate this translation
Automatic translation available in English. View in English
- COVID-19 Health & Safety Measures
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
Reduce Carbon Emissions
Reviews About This Operator
- Victoria· May 26th, 2023A wonderful exploration of Japan! We liked the mix of urban and rural environments. Our tour guide was fabulous.... Show more
- Mary· May 23rd, 2023The trip contents were just what I was looking for. We had an amazing group, Zaid was our intrepid leader, his... Show more
- Pamela· May 22nd, 2023Emmanuel was a terrific guide and everything else was the usually wonderful Explore trip. Good experiences abound,... Show more
Dates & Availability
Pakistan's Karakoram Highway
From Islamabad to Islamabad
No credit card fees
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
Select a departure month
Select The Travel Month
- Sunday18 Jun, 2023Saturday1 Jul, 2023EnglishBased on Twin ShareSee Similar Tours For These Dates$4,430
- Sunday2 Jul, 2023Saturday15 Jul, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$4,440
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday20 Aug, 2023Saturday2 Sep, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$4,440Only Pay 10% Deposit
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday3 Sep, 2023Saturday16 Sep, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$4,440Only Pay 10% Deposit
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday17 Sep, 2023Saturday30 Sep, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$4,4400% Interest InstalmentsOnly Pay 10% Deposit
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday16 Jun, 2024Saturday29 Jun, 2024EnglishMultiple Room Types$4,3200% Interest InstalmentsOnly Pay 10% Deposit
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday30 Jun, 2024Saturday13 Jul, 2024EnglishMultiple Room Types$4,3200% Interest InstalmentsOnly Pay 10% Deposit
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday4 Aug, 2024Saturday17 Aug, 2024EnglishMultiple Room Types$4,3200% Interest InstalmentsOnly Pay 10% Deposit
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday18 Aug, 2024Saturday31 Aug, 2024EnglishMultiple Room Types$4,3200% Interest InstalmentsOnly Pay 10% Deposit
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday1 Sep, 2024Saturday14 Sep, 2024EnglishMultiple Room Types$4,3200% Interest InstalmentsOnly Pay 10% Deposit
Frequently Asked Questions
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!
Good to Know
- Pakistan RupeePakistan
- Plugs & Adapters
As a traveller from USA, Canada, England, Australia, New Zealand you will need an adaptor for types C, E, F, D, M. As a traveller from South Africa you will need an adaptor for types C, E, F.
- Type CPakistan
- Type EPakistan
- Type FPakistan
- Type DPakistan
- Type MPakistan
- These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Typhoid - Recommended for Pakistan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A - Recommended for Pakistan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Cholera - Recommended for Pakistan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Tuberculosis - Recommended for Pakistan. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B - Recommended for Pakistan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Rabies - Recommended for Pakistan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever - Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Pakistan. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis - Recommended for Pakistan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Unfortunately we cannot offer you a visa application service. Whether you need a visa or not depends on your nationality and where you wish to travel. Assuming your home country does not have a visa agreement with the country you're planning to visit, you will need to apply for a visa in advance of your scheduled departure.
- Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Payment information
- For any tour departing before August 12th, 2023 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after August 12th, 2023, a minimum payment of 10% is required to confirm your booking with Explore!. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 75 days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Explore! will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- The following cards are accepted for "Explore!" tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Cancellation Policy
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Explore!. Please familiarise yourself with the Explore! payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- AccessibilitySome tours are not suitable for mobility-restricted traveller, however, some operators may be able to accommodate special requests. For any enquiries, you can contact our customer support team, who are ready and waiting to help you.
Keep Exploring Pakistan
- Nepalese Himalayas - Best Mountains to Climb
- How to Go to Himalayas (from Nepal & India)
- Best Explorer Tours and Trips 2023/2024
- Pakistan from Islamabad
- Pakistan Explorer
- 14 days Pakistan
- Operators in Asia
- Pakistan's Karakoram Highway Tours in Pakistan
- Explorer Tours
- Himalaya Mountains Tours
- Pakistan Tours
- Asia Tours
- Explorer Tours
- Group Tours
- Fully Guided Tours
- Hiking & Trekking Tours
- Himalaya Mountains
- Pakistan tours