The Southern Drift
- Our saving
- US $ 6,288
- JUST PAY $99 DEPOSIT TODAY
- Journey over fields and rivers on the TranzAlpine Train.
- Kayak across the waters of magical Milford Sound.
- Relax on a cruise out to the Tasman Sea.
- Discover the icy landscape of Franz Josef Glacier.
- Age range
- 12 to 99 year olds
- Hotel, Lodge, Resort
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Plane
- Travel style
- Discovery, Food & Culinary, Coach / Bus, In-depth Cultural
- Paul Manley's review about another Inspiring Journeys tour4.5 - Excellent
The tour exceeded our expectations on all fronts except for the accommodation at Wildman Wilderness Lodge which was full of bugs and stifling hot at night. Most of the meals were excellent but a few lunches had mediocre sandwiches.
- CarlieFyfe's review about another Inspiring Journeys tour4.5 - Excellent
Great to see regions of Victoria I had never visited before. Very easy driving days and distances with generous start times. Food was amazing!
- Mick Duck's review about another Inspiring Journeys tour5.0 - Excellent
Our guide James was so knowledgeable and always ensured that everyone was well looked after. The hotels were fantastic and the food was so far above and beyond what you would expect in the outback. I cannot wait to do another Inspiromg Journeys trip
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Welcome to Christchurch
- Day 2: Christchurch – Franz Josef Glacier
- Day 3: Franz Josef Glacier
- Day 4: Franz Josef Glacier – Queenstown
- Day 5: Queenstown Journey Select
- Day 6: Queenstown Free Time
- Day 7: Queenstown – Milford Sound
- Day 8: Milford Sound Cruise
- Day 9: Milford Sound – Dunedin
- Day 10: Dunedin
- Day 11: Dunedin – Christchurch
- Day 12: Farewell from Christchurch
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Do I need to advise you if I have any mobility issues or a serious medical condition?
Its essential you advise our team of Travel Experts at the time of booking if you have any mobility issues or serious medical conditions so that we can ensure, as much as possible, your needs are met on your tour. Unfortunately, due to space considerations on this tour, it is not possible to accommodate motorised scooters and non-collapsible wheelchairs.
Do you cater for special dietary requirements?
If you have a special dietary requirement such as gluten-free, vegetarian etc please advise our team of Travel Experts at the time of booking to ensure the tour operator can do their best to accommodate your request.
When will I receive my travel documents?
Your travel documents will be posted to you in a travel wallet which will contain your documents and luggage tags to you approximately four weeks before your departure date.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Lynn9th June 2019
The Southern Drift
- Upcoming departures
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- January 2021
- February 2021
- March 2021
- MondayApr 6, 2020from Christchurch12 DaysFridayApr 17, 2020to Christchurch7 seats left$262USD $6,288
- MondayApr 13, 2020from Christchurch12 DaysFridayApr 24, 2020to Christchurch10+ seats left$262USD $6,288
- MondayApr 27, 2020from Christchurch12 DaysFridayMay 8, 2020to Christchurch8 seats left$262USD $6,288
- MondayOct 5, 2020from Christchurch12 DaysFridayOct 16, 2020to Christchurch9 seats left$262USD $6,288
- MondayOct 12, 2020from Christchurch12 DaysFridayOct 23, 2020to Christchurch7 seats left$262USD $6,288
- MondayNov 9, 2020from Christchurch12 DaysFridayNov 20, 2020to Christchurch7 seats left$262USD $6,288
- MondayNov 23, 2020from Christchurch12 DaysFridayDec 4, 2020to Christchurch10+ seats left$262USD $6,288
- MondayDec 7, 2020from Christchurch12 DaysFridayDec 18, 2020to Christchurch10+ seats left$262USD $6,288
- MondayJan 4, 2021from Christchurch12 DaysFridayJan 15, 2021to Christchurch10+ seats left$262USD $6,288
- MondayJan 11, 2021from Christchurch12 DaysFridayJan 22, 2021to Christchurch10+ seats left$262USD $6,288
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Christchurch.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Inspiring Journeys to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $99 to confirm this Inspiring Journeys booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 25 August 2019 the full payment of $6,288 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $6288 for The Southern Drift, but the deposit of $99 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Inspiring Journeys tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
- 190 km
- Punakaiki (New Zealand)
- 168 km
- Franz Josef (New Zealand)
- 222 km
- Queenstown (New Zealand)
- 71 km
- Milford Sound (New Zealand)
- 165 km
- Wedderburn (New Zealand)
- 142 km
- Mount Cook (New Zealand)
- 206 km
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $6,288 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,353 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 98 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 4,306 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Australia/Oceania tours