The Silk Road of Uzbekistan
From Tashkent to Tashkent
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 14 to 85 year olds
- Operated in:
Start planning your tour
Places You’ll See
- Mingle with the locals in the lively Chorsu market
- Visit the most romantic city on the Silk Road
- Admire Islamic architecture and browse bustling bazaars
- Sample nomadic life with nights in traditional felt tents
- Discover the cultural gem of Samarkand
Day 1: Join trip Tashkent. Afternoon city sightseeing; ride the flamboyant Metro
Start point Hotel Uzbekistan, Hotel reception, 45 Mirzamakhmud Musakhanov Street, Tashkent, Uzbekistan 12:00
- Day 2: Fly to Urgench in western Uzbekistan and drive to the ancient city of Khiva
- Day 3: In Khiva, visit the Old Citadel; free afternoon
- Day 4: Scenic drive through vast plains to Bokhara
- Day 5: In Bokhara, discover blue-tiled domes and minarets; learn about the city's history
- Day 6: Free day to explore Bokhara's sights further
- Day 7: Drive to Yangikasgan desert camp for overnight in a yurt; optional camel ride
- Day 8: Drive to Samarkand; afternoon exploration of the city's monuments including Registan Square
- Day 9: In Samarkand, discover magnificent mosques and mausoleums; free afternoon to explore further
- Day 10: In Samarkand, free morning; afternoon high-speed train to Tashkent
Day 11: Tour ends in Tashkent
End point Hotel Uzbekistan, Hotel reception, 45 Mirzamakhmud Musakhanov Street, Tashkent, Uzbekistan 09:00
- Additional Services
- Optional Extras
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- CChristineAllenNovember 11, 2019would advise them to go ahead and bookTrip date: October 2019
- MMarkBentleyOctober 12, 2019Great introduction to a part of the world that has for many years been overshadowed by its Soviet history. Some stunning sights - Registan Square in Samarkand is right up there with the great monuments of the world.Trip date: October 2019
- ALyndaMay 17, 2019Very good all round trip.Trip date: July 2018Review collected by Explore!
- ABrianMay 17, 2019A couple of comments re the tour notes. Virtually all money exchanges took sterling, you did not need to take a lot of dollars. Beer tended to be more like £2.00 a pint in hotels and cafes rather than £1.40, but to be fair we rarely paid more than... Show moreTrip date: September 2018Review collected by Explore!
- AGillianMay 17, 2019This was my first trip with Explore - it certainly won't be the last. Loved every minute and told lots of friends to look at your website!Trip date: September 2018Review collected by Explore!
- AStephenMay 17, 2019A great trip and fascinating country. Shukhrat was a great leader and good ambassador for his country.Trip date: March 2018Review collected by Explore!
- ASusanMay 17, 2019Shukrat certainly made the trip good group to be wothTrip date: March 2018Review collected by Explore!
- EDEmmaOctober 17, 2018This was my first Explore! Trip and I have to say it was absolutely fantastic! Our guide Shukhrat was amazing! An absolutely brilliant tour leader! He explained everything from the places we were visiting to also multiple options for our free time. If... Show moreTrip date: October 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
The Silk Road of Uzbekistan
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
STARTENDSEATS LEFT PRICE
- SaturdayApr 4, 2020from Tashkent11 DaysTuesdayApr 14, 2020to Tashkent0 seats leftUSD $2,110Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- TuesdayApr 7, 2020from Tashkent11 DaysFridayApr 17, 2020to Tashkent10+ seats leftUSD $2,020Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayApr 11, 2020from Tashkent11 DaysTuesdayApr 21, 2020to Tashkent0 seats leftUSD $2,110Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayMay 23, 2020from Tashkent11 DaysTuesdayJun 2, 2020to Tashkent10+ seats leftUSD $1,990Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayMay 30, 2020from Tashkent11 DaysTuesdayJun 9, 2020to Tashkent10+ seats leftUSD $1,990Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayJun 6, 2020from Tashkent11 DaysTuesdayJun 16, 2020to Tashkent10+ seats leftUSD $1,990Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayAug 8, 2020from Tashkent11 DaysTuesdayAug 18, 2020to Tashkent10+ seats leftUSD $1,990Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayAug 15, 2020from Tashkent11 DaysTuesdayAug 25, 2020to Tashkent10+ seats leftUSD $1,990Sharing a twin room
- SaturdaySep 12, 2020from Tashkent11 DaysTuesdaySep 22, 2020to Tashkent10+ seats leftUSD $1,990Sharing a twin room
- SaturdaySep 19, 2020from Tashkent11 DaysTuesdaySep 29, 2020to Tashkent7 seats leftUSD $2,110Sharing a twin room
Show more departures
Frequently asked questions
- Do I need a visa for this tour?
- Is travel insurance recommended?
- Is there a guide?
- Are meals included?
- Is transport included?
Good to know
- About the country
- Payment information
- Cancellation Policy
- Discover TourRadar