Turkey in Depth
- Our saving
- US $ 1,180
- Age range
- 14 to 85 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Travel style
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Day 1: Join trip in Istanbul
Start point Monaco Hotel, Hotel reception, Mimar Kemalettin Mahallesi, Şair Fitnat Sk. No:28, 34130 Fatih/İstanbul, Turkey 19:00
- Day 2: Walking tour of Istanbul including the Blue Mosque
- Day 3: Travel to Ankara; visit Ataturk's Mausoleum and the Museum of Anatolian Civilisations
- Day 4: Visit Hacibektas Museum en route to Urgup; see Kaymakli underground city
- Day 5: Full day in Cappadocia
- Day 6: Konya, home to the Whirling Dervishes en route to Egirdir
- Day 7: Journey to Kas via the ancient town of Olympos
- Day 8: In Kas with the chance to sea kayak or visit Xanthos
- Day 9: Boat ride to Caunos and Iztuzu Beach; arrive in Dalyan
- Day 10: Visit the ancient sites of Pamukkale and Hierapolis
- Day 11: Visit Aphrodisias Greco-Roman site; arrive in Selcuk
- Day 12: Explore Ephesus; chance to visit Selcuk Museum
- Day 13: See Pergamum Acropolis and Troy en route to Canakkale
- Day 14: Travel to the Gallipoli Battlefields; return to Istanbul
Day 15: Trip ends in Istanbul
End point Monaco Hotel, Hotel reception, Mimar Kemalettin Mahallesi, Şair Fitnat Sk. No:28, 34130 Fatih/İstanbul, Turkey 09:00
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Average by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- JanetCallaghanWritten on October 6, 20193.0 - Average
This is busy. Long travels in a bus. After a couple of months looking back I feel you start to get an understanding of Turkey on this trip.Show detailed ratingsExplore! commented on this reviewHi Janet, thank you for your comments following our direct correspondence and I’m pleased that your time away with us gave you an understanding and insight to the country.Review collected by Explore!
- PatriciaWritten on October 2, 20194.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
can be quite tyring,14 days 3500 km, but its worth it. Turkish people are very friendlyReview collected by Explore!
- GrahamWilsonWritten on September 26, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
It's a wonderful way to see some of the highlights of Turkey in just two weeks. It's full on, expect early morning starts and long coach journeys but it's well worth it. The guide we had (Tolga Kanik) was very knowledgeable, he explained the history,... Read moreReview collected by Explore!
- ElizabethFinlaysonWritten on September 6, 20191.5 - Rather poor
Don’t go unless Explore provide safe, comfortable and clean transport. You are on the bus for very long periods of time which in itself is not a problem if the bus meets the above criteria.The one we traveled on did not.Show detailed ratingsExplore! commented on this reviewHi Elizabeth, thank you for your feedback and once again we sincerely apologise for the issue you encountered whilst in Turkey. Following our direct correspondence, I’m pleased we were able to advise you that the appropriate action has since been taken, and the matter has now been resolved to your satisfaction.Review collected by Explore!
- JJohnWritten on May 17, 20193.7 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Very intensive and full trip. We could easily have spent a day more in many of the places we visited. It was a great way of seeing Turkey and how vast it really is. The notes are very clear on what we are to visit. From having read previous reviews I had... Read moreReview collected by Explore!
- AAnne-MarieWritten on May 17, 20194.3 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
A trip full of highlights, but traffic in and around Istanbul and Ankara limits the time for visiting. Thanks to our tourguide, Alkan Sisli, we left earlier in the morning when needed. He was a great, practical organiser with a lot of experience. He... Read moreReview collected by Explore!
- GGenevieveWritten on May 17, 20193.7 - GoodShow detailed ratings
This was our first trip with Explore and I found it good value for money. Our travelling companions were all experienced travellers who helped make the trip very enjoyable.Review collected by Explore!
- RRichardWritten on May 17, 20194.3 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I booked this tour on location, and time...I never read the itinerary.. I had a loverly time full of great sites and experiances.Review collected by Explore!
- AAnaWritten on May 17, 20194.7 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The balloon ride at Capadocia, should be, at least offered as an optional tour, it is definitely one of Turkey's highlights!Review collected by Explore!
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
- Explore! Turkey
- Explore Turkey
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Mark30th August 2019
Turkey in Depth
- Upcoming departures
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- SaturdayApr 4, 2020from Istanbul15 DaysSaturdayApr 18, 2020to Istanbul5 seats left$104$1,330-8%USD $1,226Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayApr 11, 2020from Istanbul15 DaysSaturdayApr 25, 2020to Istanbul10+ seats left$100$1,280-8%USD $1,180Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayApr 18, 2020from Istanbul15 DaysSaturdayMay 2, 2020to Istanbul10+ seats left$100$1,280-8%USD $1,180Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayMay 2, 2020from Istanbul15 DaysSaturdayMay 16, 2020to Istanbul10+ seats left$104$1,330-8%USD $1,226Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayMay 9, 2020from Istanbul15 DaysSaturdayMay 23, 2020to Istanbul10+ seats left$104$1,330-8%USD $1,226Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayJun 6, 2020from Istanbul15 DaysSaturdayJun 20, 2020to Istanbul10+ seats left$104$1,330-8%USD $1,226Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayJul 25, 2020from Istanbul15 DaysSaturdayAug 8, 2020to Istanbul10+ seats left$104$1,330-8%USD $1,226Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayAug 15, 2020from Istanbul15 DaysSaturdayAug 29, 2020to Istanbul10+ seats left$104$1,330-8%USD $1,226Sharing a twin room
- SaturdaySep 5, 2020from Istanbul15 DaysSaturdaySep 19, 2020to Istanbul10+ seats left$104$1,330-8%USD $1,226Sharing a twin room
- SaturdaySep 12, 2020from Istanbul15 DaysSaturdaySep 26, 2020to Istanbul10+ seats left$104$1,330-8%USD $1,226Sharing a twin room
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Turkey. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Turkey. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Turkey. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Start and end in Istanbul.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- For any tour departing before 13 December 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 13 December 2019, a minimum payment of 30% is required to confirm your booking with Explore!. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 60 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Explore!. Please familiarise yourself with the Explore! payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Explore! will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Explore! tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Istanbul (Turkey)
- 350 km
- Ankara (Turkey)
- 228 km
- Urgup (Turkey)
- 23 km
- Kaymakli (Turkey)
- 22 km
- Cappadocia (Turkey)
- 360 km
- Egirdir (Turkey)
- 145 km
- Konya (Turkey)
- 242 km
- Olympos (Turkey)
- 78 km
- Kas (Turkey)
- 114 km
- Dalyan (Turkey)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,180 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,167 tours in Europe
- covered by 523 different operators in Europe
- Use Discounts and Credits*
- Past passenger discounts or credits, early-bird savings, child discounts, and multi-person discounts offered by the tour operator may be applicable when you book with TourRadar. *Discounts and credits are subject to the tour operator terms and conditions.
- 30,963 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours