North Philippines Explorer
- Tour Operator:
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 16 to 85
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
- Explore the historical quarter of bustling Manila
- Discover mysterious burial caves and hanging coffins
- Explore the UNESCO-listed Mestizo by kalesa
- Visit Taal, one of the world's smallest volcanos
- Wonder at the 2000-year old terraces of the Ifugao people
- Day 1 Join tour in Manila
- Day 2 In Manila: explore the old town; free afternoon
- Day 3 Fly to Laoag; visit the unique UNESCO Paoay Church
- Day 4 Morning exploration of the Kabigan Falls, afternoon by the coast
- Day 5 Drive to the colonial city of Vigan; free afternoon
- Day 6 In Vigan; full day sightseeing by horse drawn carriage and on foot
- Day 7 Drive to Sagada; discover burial caves and hanging coffins
- Day 8 Head to Bontoc and walk to Favarey traditional village
- Day 9 Drive to Banaue; visit Bontoc Museum en route
- Day 10 In Banaue; walk through Batad and Bangaan rice terraces.
- Day 11 Drive to Mabalacat; free late afternoon in rural setting
- Day 12 Climb Mount Pinatubo; drive to Manila
- Day 13 Tour ends in Manila
- Additional Services
- Optional Extras
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
Operated by Explore!
We've been taking small groups on adventure holidays for over 41 years. Our authentic adventure travel experiences explore the sights and culture of a country, with hand-picked accommodation that balances comfort and location. Our average group tour size is just 11; perfect for meeting new people and getting to the heart of our destinations. Explore is one of the worlds most trusted adventure travel companies with over 500 trips to more than 120 countries. We are passionate about travel and have developed a wide range of unique activities and adventures which give our customers an unforgettable experience with a team of award-winning Explore leaders. With Explore, you'll get to see your destination from a whole new perspective that takes you away from the typical well-trodden tourist track. You'll have the chance to meet, dine and stay with local people, rest in authentic accommodation with other like-minded explorers and travel to must-see destinations with a unique Explore twist. From family holidays to trips for solo travellers; cycling tours to wildlife safaris; trekking on mountains or exploring miles of scenic coastline; self-guided journeys small group trips or Private Tours; there is something for every kind of traveller with Explore. We will provide our expert knowledge, exciting itineraries and outstanding service as part of our sustainable travel experiences which take you under the skin of the country you're visiting for the adventure of a lifetime.Read more
Reduce Carbon Emissions
- Overall RatingExcellent
- FoodRather poor
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- KRKathy· February 28th, 2023The tour gives a wonderful overview of Northern Philippines, with interesting sights in the towns and in the rural mountain areas.Trip date: January 2023
- AJudith· May 17th, 2019Great trip recommend itExplore! commented on this reviewThanks for your review. Hope to travel with you in the future.Trip date: December 2018Review collected by Explore!
- ASophie· May 17th, 2019All the walks were easy to moderate. A walking stick is definitely of great use (walking sticks were provided everywhere). A waterproof bag is essential to seal your camera or mobile phone when crossing the river multiple times during the Mt Pinatubo... Show moreExplore! commented on this reviewThanks for your review and feedback.Trip date: November 2018Review collected by Explore!
- AMaria· May 17th, 2019I thoroughly enjoyed this trip and was pleasantly surprised by the Philippines. I would very much look forward to a 'Philippines Islands' trip if you ever consider adding this to your portfolio (similar to your Thailand Islands in the Sun tour)Explore! commented on this reviewThanks for your review. Hope to travel with you in the future.Trip date: December 2017Review collected by Explore!
- AMarjory· May 17th, 2019I did not have a good idea what to expect and I can honestly say the holiday exceeded my expectations. The scenery was beautiful, the people lovely, and our group gelled very well.Explore! commented on this reviewThanks for your lovely review and feedback. Glad you had a nice trip.Trip date: February 2018Review collected by Explore!
- ARichard· May 17th, 2019I think the group appreciated that this particular trip is evolving, and some days were long for travelling, but nothing excessive. The overall experience was positive.Explore! commented on this reviewThanks for your feedback and review.Trip date: December 2018Review collected by Explore!
- AChristine· May 17th, 2019Our first trek to Taal volcano was a fab walk for me, but some people struggled so maybe it just needs to be clearer in the notes that a degree of fitness is requiredExplore! commented on this reviewThanks for your feedback and review.Trip date: December 2018Review collected by Explore!
- AJennifer· May 17th, 2019Thank you very much for the special offer of a free extra day on this trip - I had a great last day independently exploring Manila Bay, Rizal Park, and Intramuros.Explore! commented on this reviewThanks for your review and feedback. Glad you had a nice trip.Trip date: February 2018Review collected by Explore!
- AJudith· May 17th, 2019Rey handled his budget brilliantly and was able to treat us here and there. He was very highly thought of by the clients.Explore! commented on this reviewThanks for your feedback and review.Trip date: December 2018Review collected by Explore!
- AAndrew· May 17th, 2019Wonderful tour and experience. Please consider running a new tour to other areas of Philipines.Explore! commented on this reviewThanks for your review and feedback. Glad you had a good trip.Trip date: March 2018Review collected by Explore!
Dates & Availability
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- -7%Sunday19 Nov, 2023Friday1 Dec, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$3,760$3,490
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday17 Dec, 2023Friday29 Dec, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$3,860Only Pay 10% Deposit
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday14 Jan, 2024Friday26 Jan, 2024EnglishMultiple Room Types$3,6800% Interest InstalmentsOnly Pay 10% Deposit
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday11 Feb, 2024Friday23 Feb, 2024EnglishMultiple Room Types$3,8800% Interest InstalmentsOnly Pay 10% Deposit
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday10 Mar, 2024Friday22 Mar, 2024EnglishMultiple Room Types$3,6800% Interest InstalmentsOnly Pay 10% Deposit
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday31 Mar, 2024Friday12 Apr, 2024EnglishMultiple Room Types$3,6800% Interest InstalmentsOnly Pay 10% Deposit
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday3 Nov, 2024Friday15 Nov, 2024EnglishMultiple Room Types$3,6800% Interest InstalmentsOnly Pay 10% Deposit
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday17 Nov, 2024Friday29 Nov, 2024EnglishMultiple Room Types$3,6800% Interest InstalmentsOnly Pay 10% Deposit
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday15 Dec, 2024Friday27 Dec, 2024EnglishMultiple Room Types$3,7800% Interest InstalmentsOnly Pay 10% Deposit
Frequently Asked Questions
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!
Good to Know
- Plugs & Adapters
- Payment information
- Cancellation Policy
- People also viewed
Keep Exploring Philippines
- Philippines Travel Guide | All You Need to Know
- Best 10 Day Philippines Itineraries 2023/2024 (With Reviews)
- 10 Best Cultural Travel Companies
- 10 Best Cultural Experiences in The World 2023/2024
- Philippines from Manila
- Philippines In-depth Cultural
- Small group tour
- 13 days Philippines
- Operators in Asia
- North Philippines Explorer Tours in Philippines
- In-depth Cultural Tours
- Luzon Island Tours
- Philippines Tours
- Asia Tours
- In-depth Cultural Tours
- Active Adventure Tours
- Beach Tours
- Group Tours
- Fully Guided Tours
- Explorer Tours
- Christmas & New Year Tours
- Luzon Island
- Philippines tours