Grand tour of Morocco
- Tour Operator:
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 16 to 85
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
- Hygiene Measures:
Places You’ll See
- Erg Chebbi
- Todra Gorge
- Ait Benhaddou
- Wander through the streets of the vibrant Red City
- Discover why Fes is known as the Mecca of the West
- Ride a camel through the impressive Sahara sand dunes
- Marvel at the rock formations of Morocco's Grand Canyon
- Bask in spectacular alpine scenery of the Atlas Mountains
- Relax in the bohemian towns on the Atlantic coast
- Day 1: Join Trip in Marrakech
- Day 2: Spend the morning discovering Marrakech's souks, squares and sites on foot, followed by a free afternoon
- Day 3: Visit Hassan II Mosque in Casablanca and travel to the country's capital city, Rabat
- Day 4: Explore the mountainous town of Chefchaouen
- Day 5: Guided walk through the medina and kasbah before a free afternoon
- Day 6: Cross the Rif Mountains, visit ancient Volubilis and arrive into the imperial city of Fes
- Day 7: Discover the highlights of Fes with a local guide
- Day 8: Drive over the Berber lands of the Middle Atlas to Erfoud
- Day 9: Explore fortified villages and take a camel ride through the Erg Chebbi sand dunes
- Day 10: See the sun rise over the dunes before travelling to the picturesque Todra Valley
- Day 11: Discover the colourful Todra Gorge and walk to a panoramic viewpoint
- Day 12: Enter the Valley of a Thousand Kasbahs and explore UNESCO Ait Ben Haddou
- Day 13: Visit a 15th century library and take a 4WD to our camp in the Sahara Desert
- Day 14: Travel in 4WD through the wilderness of the Sahara Desert
- Day 15: Cross the desolate Anti-Atlas and drive to Mirleft on the Atlantic coast
- Day 16: Visit Sous-Massa National Park and try traditionally cooked meats in Taroudant
- Day 17: Travel along the Atlantic coastal to the charming port town of Essaouira
- Day 18: Day at leisure in Essaouira, relax on the beach or wander through the souk
- Day 19: Return to the 'red city' of Marrakech
- Day 20: Trip ends in Marrakech
- COVID-19 Health & Safety Measures
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
Operated by Explore!
We've been taking small groups on adventure holidays for almost 40 years. Our authentic adventure travel experiences explore the sights and culture of a country, with hand-picked accommodation that balances comfort and location. Our average group tour size is just 12; perfect for meeting new people and getting to the heart of our destinations. Explore is one of the worlds most trusted adventure travel companies with over 500 trips to more than 120 countries. We are passionate about travel and have developed a wide range of unique activities and adventures which give our customers an unforgettable experience with a team of award-winning Explore leaders. With Explore, you'll get to see your destination from a whole new perspective that takes you away from the typical well-trodden tourist track. You'll have the chance to meet, dine and stay with local people, rest in authentic accommodation with other like-minded explorers and travel to must-see destinations with a unique Explore twist. From family holidays to trips for solo travellers; cycling tours to wildlife safaris; trekking on mountains or exploring miles of scenic coastline; self-guided journeys small group trips or Private Tours; there is something for every kind of traveller with Explore. We will provide our expert knowledge, exciting itineraries and outstanding service as part of our sustainable travel experiences which take you under the skin of the country you're visiting for the adventure of a lifetime.Read more
Reduce Carbon Emissions
- Overall RatingGood
- AJudith· December 23rd, 2019Would have liked to visit mosque in Casablanca. Would have liked extra solo time in Chefchaouen.Explore! commented on this reviewThanks for your review and feedback. Glad you had a nice trip!Trip date: April 2019Review collected by Explore!
- ATheresa· December 23rd, 2019A couple of things on the itinerary didn't happen which was disappointing but most of them did and we had some wonderful experiences.Explore! commented on this reviewThanks for the feedback, we're glad that you had some wonderful experiences in Morocco. We hope to see you on another Explore adventure soon.Trip date: September 2019Review collected by Explore!
- ADavid· December 19th, 2019I went on this trip mainly because my last visit to Morocco omitted Marrakech. After the trip I feel to Fes medina is better than the Marrakech souks. I felt the included tour of Marrakech did very little in 3 hours and the itinerary implied (though I... Show moreTrip date: November 2019
- ABrigitta· December 18th, 2019As I mentioned before, one day more in Rabat and Chefchaouen would be 4 to explore a bit more. I really enjoyed the camel ride at Erg Chebbi. For me the ride could have been a bit longer.Trip date: November 2019
- ILInge· June 12th, 2019A good overall view of much of varied Morocco from the cities, deserts and scenic wonders.Explore! commented on this reviewThanks for your review. Glad you had a great trip!Trip date: May 2019
Dates & Availability
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- -13%Saturday8 Apr, 2023Thursday27 Apr, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$2,110$1,840
- -13%Saturday15 Apr, 2023Thursday4 May, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$2,110$1,840
- -12%Saturday22 Apr, 2023Thursday11 May, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$2,200$1,930
- Sunday30 Apr, 2023Friday19 May, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$2,070
- Saturday6 May, 2023Thursday25 May, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$2,070
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday9 Sep, 2023Thursday28 Sep, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$2,0700% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday16 Sep, 2023Thursday5 Oct, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$2,0700% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday23 Sep, 2023Thursday12 Oct, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$2,0700% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday30 Sep, 2023Thursday19 Oct, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$2,0700% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday14 Oct, 2023Thursday2 Nov, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$2,0700% Interest Instalments
Frequently Asked Questions
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!
Good to Know
- Moroccan DirhamMorocco
- Plugs & Adapters
As a traveller from USA, Canada, England, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa you will need an adaptor for types C, E, F.
- Type CMorocco
- Type EMorocco
- Type FMorocco
- These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Typhoid - Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A - Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Tuberculosis - Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B - Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Rabies - Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Unfortunately we cannot offer you a visa application service. Whether you need a visa or not depends on your nationality and where you wish to travel. Assuming your home country does not have a visa agreement with the country you're planning to visit, you will need to apply for a visa in advance of your scheduled departure.
- Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Payment information
- For any tour departing before June 5th, 2023 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after June 5th, 2023, a minimum payment of 30% is required to confirm your booking with Explore!. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 75 days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Explore! will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- The following cards are accepted for "Explore!" tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Cancellation Policy
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Explore!. Please familiarise yourself with the Explore! payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- AccessibilitySome tours are not suitable for mobility-restricted traveller, however, some operators may be able to accommodate special requests. For any enquiries, you can contact our customer support team, who are ready and waiting to help you.
Keep Exploring Morocco
- Morocco Travel Guide | All You Need to Know
- Complete Safari Packing List: Clothes, Medicines, Gear & Essentials
- Best Explorer Tours and Trips 2023/2024
- Morocco from Marrakesh
- Morocco Explorer
- Small group tour
- 20 days Morocco
- Operators in Africa
- Grand tour of Morocco Tours in Morocco
- Explorer Tours
- Morocco Tours
- Africa Tours
- Explorer Tours
- Group Tours
- Fully Guided Tours
- Morocco tours