Start planning your tour
- Witness active volcanoes and gigantic craters
- Look out for howler monkeys, sloths and bird
- Cruise along the waterways of the Tortuguero
- Share the beach with capuchin monkeys
Day 1: Join trip in San Jose
Start point Quality Real Hotel, Hotel Reception, Costado Este Forum, Autopista Próspero Fernández, San José, Costa Rica 19:00
- Day 2: Trip to Doka Coffee Estate and city tour in San Jose
- Day 3: Drive to Turrialba via a visit to the colonial city of Cartago and Guayabo
- Day 4: In Turrialba optional rafting
- Day 5: Drive and boat cruise through the jungle waterways to Tortuguero
- Day 6: Full day to explore Tortuguero National Park in search of wildlife
- Day 7: Visit La Tirimbina for a chocolate tour
- Day 8: Drive to Arenal area via a nature reserve at the foot of an active volcano
- Day 9: In Arenal area with optional whitewater rafting or walking to a waterfall
- Day 10: Drive to Monteverde cloud forest, cooking lesson and optional forest walk
- Day 11: Visit Santa Elena Reserve with free time to try a canopy tour or wire walkways
- Day 12: Drive to Manuel Antonio National Park along the Pacific coast
- Day 13: In Manuel Antonio park area famed for its beautiful beaches and rich wildlife
- Day 14: Manuel Antonio National Park. Drive to San Jose
Day 15: Trip ends in San Jose
End point Quality Real Hotel, Hotel reception, Costado Este Forum, Autopista Próspero Fernández, San José, Costa Rica 09:00
- Additional Services
- Optional Extras
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
- Overall RatingExcellent
- ARachelMay 17, 2019think it was less good value compared with other trips we have been on. however, overall, we all had a wonderful tripTrip date: July 2018Review collected by Explore!
- AEmmaMay 17, 2019Be clearer on what is included & what optional trips are available. Towards the end there seemed more free timeTrip date: August 2018Review collected by Explore!
- AMichaelaMay 17, 2019EXPLORE HAVE SET UP AN AMAZING TRIP IN COSTA RICA. WE LOVED IT.Trip date: March 2018Review collected by Explore!
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Family Costa Rica Rainforest and Wildlife Adventure
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- December 2019
- April 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- December 2020
STARTENDSEATS LEFT PRICE
- SaturdayDec 21, 2019from San Jose15 DaysSaturdayJan 4, 2020to San JoseOnly 2 seats leftUSD $2,970Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayApr 4, 2020from San Jose15 DaysSaturdayApr 18, 2020to San JoseOnly 3 seats leftUSD $2,970Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayJul 4, 2020from San Jose15 DaysSaturdayJul 18, 2020to San Jose10+ seats leftUSD $3,050Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayJul 18, 2020from San Jose15 DaysSaturdayAug 1, 2020to San Jose10+ seats leftUSD $3,050Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayJul 25, 2020from San Jose15 DaysSaturdayAug 8, 2020to San Jose7 seats leftUSD $3,050Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayAug 1, 2020from San Jose15 DaysSaturdayAug 15, 2020to San Jose5 seats leftUSD $3,050Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayAug 8, 2020from San Jose15 DaysSaturdayAug 22, 2020to San Jose10+ seats leftUSD $3,050Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayDec 19, 2020from San Jose15 DaysSaturdayJan 2, 2021to San Jose10+ seats leftUSD $3,590Sharing a twin room
Frequently asked questions
- Do I need a visa for this tour?
- Is travel insurance recommended?
- Is there a guide?
- Are meals included?
- Is transport included?
Good to know
- About the country
- Payment information
- Cancellation Policy
- Discover TourRadar
- Explore Family video
- Explore Costa Rica