Highland Experience's Scottish Choice
- Our saving
- US $ 635
- Enjoy the wonderful scenery of Glen Coe & Loch Ness
- Discover Scotland’s most beautiful castle
- Explore historic battlefield and a dram of single malt
- Walk through history at Loch Lomond, Kilmartin Glen & Oban
- Age range
- 3 to 80 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Rather Poor
- BCBillWritten on May 23, 20185.0 - ExcellentWe enjoyed Brandon’s fantastic Scottish humour and great historical knowledge. He is a very highly skilled driver with great concern about passenger safety on and off the bus. Highly organized and great at sticking to a schedule.Show detailed ratings
- JNJosephineWritten on April 28, 20184.5 - ExcellentWe had a fantastic guide named Brandan - funny kept us entertained all the way, helpful, knowledgeable, punctual and all around great personalityShow detailed ratings
- StephanieWritten on April 5, 20185.0 - ExcellentNeil was absolutely amazing! Loved all of his stories. Fabulous tour guide!!!Show detailed ratingsHighland Experience Tours commented on this reviewHello Stephanie, Delighted to hear you enjoyed our 5-day tour with Neil! I will be sure to pass on your feedback to him. Kind Regards, Clare
- CarolineWritten on April 4, 20184.5 - ExcellentAccommodation was not as expected for what i paid for the tour. however, everything else was fantastic and worth the price.Show detailed ratingsHighland Experience Tours commented on this reviewHello Caroline, thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your tour with Neil - we're glad you thought the tour was fantastic! If you have any further feedback about your accommodation that would be much appreciated, so we can improve for the future. Kind Regards,Clare
- MMMrs.Written on December 9, 20174.0 - Goodwith my grand-children. Thank you all very much. Marlene H Australia.Show detailed ratings
- AnissaWritten on October 31, 20175.0 - ExcellentI went on this tour without too much knowledge of all of the places we would visit and actually found it to be quite enlightening. My dad and I both learned a lot and definitely left with a sort of pride knowing part of our blood is from that very land. Aileen is a fantastic storyteller! She made every mile fun and interesting. Our experience in Scotland--beautiful and enchanting as it is--would not have been as enjoyable without her as our driver. I'm glad we did a tour, as it would have been stressful to drive for the first time on the left side of the road on wet, coastal highways. Had we been on our own, we really would not have appreciated the significance of some stops or gleaned as much about them. Everyone always wants to know what my favorite part was, and I'd have to say I'm torn between the walk in Glencoe valley and the coastal cliffs on the Isle of Skye, especially by the diatomite factory ruins. But truly, how do you pick a favorite? I do wish we could have spent more time outdoors at certain places like Skye, but that's the compromise you make with tours in order to meet everyone's needs. Of course I loved the castles, too. And I was actually fairly impressed by the food. As long as you enjoy fresh seafood, you will have plenty of options. Cullenskink is now in my top 5 favorite soups.Show detailed ratings
- CNchristianWritten on September 25, 20174.0 - GoodNeil was the most considerate and knowledgeable guide. He made the tour a pleasure. I will give him a 5 out of 5. Feedback about our large suitcasses - on the internet booking we got the weight limits but not the case size ! Also the Aircon on the coach was too cold causing many passengers to complain. Otherwise a fantastic tour.Show detailed ratingsHighland Experience Tours commented on this reviewHello Christian, We're very happy to read you had a great time with Neil. I will ensure our luggage limits are up to date so there is no confusion in future. Kind Regards, Clare
- MTMichaelWritten on September 12, 20174.0 - GoodIt is quite extraordinary to discover that the itinerary you downloaded was completely inaccurate and that the actual one was never sent! Highland Experience blames tourradar (we send them updates but they just ignore them) and no doubt tourradar blames Highland Experience. GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER. In addition the necessary voucher to confirm your holiday on arrival at the set off point plus other details never arrived from Highland Experience until I phoned them. Excuse 'we didn't have your email address.' The email address was clearly sent. THAT IS PATHETIC.The accompanying map indicating the set off point is really inadequate and I had to find my own. Travellers be aware. It will almost certainly rain. You may well walk around boggy fields (so dry footwear) If you need special accommodation needs (eg ground floor) say so, because nobody asks those questions and most hotels (on the Isle of Skye) don't have lifts. It would be good to know where you are staying in advance (we were told on the evening before we arrived) so that you could suss out the local cuisine. Some is very good, some is surprisingly poor (especially in the local hotels). All of this would leave a sour taste if it wasn't for the beauty of Scotland and in particularly. Skye and the SHEER BRILLIANCE of our guide ANDREW. Witty, entertaining, encyclopaedic knowledge, efficient, attentive, hardworking. GIVE HIM A PAY RISE. It is people like him who are holding your company together HE.Show detailed ratingsHighland Experience Tours commented on this reviewHello Michael, Thanks for your positive and constructive feedback. We will use this as we continue to improve. You're right, Andrew is absolutely brilliant - we're glad you enjoyed having him as your guide for 5 days. Kind Regards, Clare
- NPNavinWritten on September 9, 20173.5 - GoodGreat tour. Driver Neil is just superb, excellent tour guide and a very clever history story teller. I paid 200 pounds extra a day to stay in hotels. Except for the lat day (Inch Hotel ) both of the other hotels, Especially the Herbedian was way below par. I would like a refund for the two nights We spent there.Show detailed ratingsHighland Experience Tours commented on this reviewHello Navin, We're glad to hear you had a great time on tour with Neil. I'm sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay at the Hebridean Hotel. I will pass this on to our accommodation team. Kind Regards, Clare
- MaureenWritten on August 5, 20174.0 - GoodIt was a great experience, saw a lot of the highlands and the Isle of Skyle which is why I booked this tour. Great photo experience also, the weather cooperated 90% of the trip. Jim was our tour guide and his knowledge of the Scottish wars and highland chiefs was exceptional. He went out of his way to show us the highland Coos (shaggy cows). The van itself was older than the others we saw, no wifi, seats a little tight and the audio system not too user friendly, some seat belts not functioning. I would have liked to be able to download and print a more specific itinerary and a detailed map of the days drive. The website is not specific enough, or offering links to the tourist sites. Otherwise, loved what we saw, and that included miles and miles of sheep on the hillsides!Show detailed ratingsHighland Experience Tours commented on this reviewHi Maureen, we're delighted to read your review and hear you had a great time with Jim exploring the Highlands and the Isle of Skye. We're glad you were able to meet some wonderful Highland coos and get good weather for most of the trip, it certainly helps to make Scotland even more beautiful! Kind Regards, Clare
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Through the Trossachs to Oban…
- Day 2 Gruesome Glens and the Hogwarts Express…
- Day 3 A whole day to explore Skye…
- Day 4 Castles, lochs and beautiful beaches…
- Day 5 Monster hunting, historic battlefields and home…
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- Highland Experience Tours
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- May 1, 2017
Is this a fully guided tour?
Yes, this tour is fully escorted by the driver / guide on all days.
- May 1, 2017
Can you please let me know if the tour will include the Jacobite steam train? We'll we visit the Urquart castle - do we still have the option to do both even if at an extra cost?
There will still be the option of the castle and cruise at an extra cost.
- April 1, 2017
Is this a guaranteed departure?
Yes, the tour is guaranteed to depart.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Elvio18th May 2018
Highland Experience's Scottish Choice
- Upcoming departures
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- MondayMay 28, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysFridayJun 1, 2018to Edinburgh0 seats left$26USD $635
- MondayJun 4, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysFridayJun 8, 2018to Edinburgh0 seats left$26USD $635
- MondayJun 11, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysFridayJun 15, 2018to Edinburgh0 seats left$26USD $635
- MondayJun 18, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysFridayJun 22, 2018to Edinburgh0 seats left$26USD $635
- MondayJun 25, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysFridayJun 29, 2018to Edinburgh0 seats left$26USD $635
- MondayJul 2, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysFridayJul 6, 2018to Edinburgh0 seats left$26USD $635
- MondayJul 9, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysFridayJul 13, 2018to Edinburgh0 seats left$26USD $635
- MondayJul 16, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysFridayJul 20, 2018to Edinburgh0 seats left$26USD $635
- MondayJul 23, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysFridayJul 27, 2018to Edinburgh4 seats left$26USD $635
- MondayJul 30, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysFridayAug 3, 2018to Edinburgh0 seats left$26USD $635
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingScotland and England
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Edinburgh.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Highland Experience Tours booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 23 July 2018 the full payment of $635 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $635 for Highland Experience's Scottish Choice, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Highland Experience Tours will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Highland Experience Tours : Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 89 km
- Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park (Scotland)
- 55 km
- Kilmartin (Scotland)
- 31 km
- Oban (Scotland)
- 16 km
- Port Appin (Scotland)
- 24 km
- Glencoe (Scotland)
- 15 km
- Fort William (Scotland)
- 48 km
- Mallaig (Scotland)
- 64 km
- Isle of Skye (Scotland)
- 9 km
- Kilt Rock (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $635 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,987 tours in Europe
- covered by 211 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Highland Experience's Scottish Choice via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 12 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Highland Experience's Scottish Choice