Country Roads of Scotland - 2020
- Our saving
- US $ 2,475
- Wander through the ancient Edinburgh Castle
- Visit the home of 'Chariots of Fire', West Sands Beach
- Gaze in awe at the magnificence of the Grampians
- Indulge in traditional Scottish tea and scones in a castle
- Spot the legendary monster at Loch Ness
- Age range
- 5 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Private Vehicle, Plane
- Travel style
- Coach / Bus
- Insight Vacations
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Welcome to Edinburgh.
- Day 2: Edinburgh, The Capital of Culture.
- Day 3: To St. Andrews and the Highland Capital of Inverness.
- Day 4: Culloden, Loch Ness and on to Thurso.
- Day 5: A Day in the Orkney Islands.
- Day 6: Over the Sea to Skye.
- Day 7: Through the Scottish Highlands to Glencoe.
- Day 8: Along the Bonnie Banks of Loch Lomond to Glasgow.
- Day 9: Depart Glasgow.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- BBruceandBonnieTreacyWritten on September 12, 20194.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Trip was well organized, scenery spectacular. The tour guide, Michael, kept everyone involved and entertained with his stories. I would research your guide, not all guides keep you involved as other guests related their stories from other tour companies. I... Read more
- MCMaryWritten on May 21, 20194.5 - Excellent
Overall great. First time doing this as a vacation. Guide was very knowledgeable, unfailingly cheerful and always available to assist with anything and answer all questions. Driver was great as well. Polite and friendly and clearly experienced. Felt very... Read moreShow detailed ratingsInsight Vacations commented on this reviewThank you for informing us about the excellent time you had in Scotland with Insight Vacations. We are truly delighted to hear that the passion and attention to detail shown by our staff made your trip enjoyable. Likewise, it pleases us to read that your coach rides were comfortable and we certainly are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.
- KSKendalWritten on May 9, 20192.5 - Average
The hotels were beyond ridiculous - and NOT in a good way. If you want remote areas and terrible conditions book this tour. There are many, much better ways to see the beauty of Scotland. If I was backpacking I wouldn’t stay where they’ve put us. Our tour... Read moreShow detailed ratingsInsight Vacations commented on this reviewThank you for sharing this with us. We regret to learn that your time on the road did not meet all of your expectations. We will be sure to share your observations with our internal team for further review to see where improvements could be made in regards to the accommodations provided going forward. With that in mind, we truly hope to have the opportunity to restore your full faith in our guided holidays in the near future.
- CCatherineWritten on May 8, 20195.0 - Excellent
Scotland is a beautiful country to tour but I have to say Insight Vacations really made the trip. Incredibly helpful and knowledgable Tour Director. I'm not sure I would've enjoyed the trip as much if I'd tried to plan it myself. I would never have found... Read moreShow detailed ratingsInsight Vacations commented on this reviewThank you for sharing your thoughts on the Country Roads of Scotland tour with Insight Vacations. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time on the road. Even more, we are proud to learn of the immense effort put in by our staff to ensure a seamless and memorable experience for our guests. Similarly, we are without a doubt happy to have hosted you and we hope to welcome you back to travel with us again soon.
- CCatherineNeighbourWritten on April 30, 20193.5 - Good
very long days - early starts, and often did not get to our destination till 6.00pm, with instructions to be ready for dinner at 6.45pm. We sometimes felt our guide was filling in time, as he didn't want to get to our destination too early, mWe'd have been... Read moreShow detailed ratingsInsight Vacations commented on this reviewThank you for sharing your thoughts on the Country Roads of Scotland trip with Insight Vacations. We are very happy to learn that your overall experience on the road with us was enjoyable. However, we acknowledge your observations which will be shared with our team for further review. What’s more, we are extremely pleased that we were able to help you create some unforgettable memories.
- GGlendaFaillaWritten on April 30, 20194.5 - Excellent
Excellent Guide and Driver- easy to book- very well organised- ran smoothly- beautiful country, beautiful people- can’t wait to see more of Scotland!Show detailed ratingsInsight Vacations commented on this reviewIt certainly pleases us to learn that your overall experience in Scotland with Insight Vacations was a successful one. Furthermore, we truly look forward to our next journey together soon.
- MMaxineApplebyWritten on October 24, 20185.0 - Excellent
I was very pleased with the places we saw, our drivers, our hotels and the food. The best part , though, was our tour director, Collet. She was fun, informative, patient and professional. She engaged us with stories, songs and great attention to seeing that... Read moreShow detailed ratingsInsight Vacations commented on this reviewIt certainly pleases us to learn that Collet went above and beyond to make your time Scotland a memorable one. Also, we are very happy to learn that you enjoyed your complete experience on the road. Furthermore, we truly look forward to welcoming you back soon to explore more amazing destinations.
- JHJanineWritten on October 2, 20185.0 - Excellent
John made my trip. The knowledge of the history of Scotland was excellent.Show detailed ratingsInsight Vacations commented on this reviewThank you for sharing with us what an excellent time you had in Scotland with Insight Vacations. We are elated to hear that your experience was a memorable one and we look forward to welcoming you back for more amazing destinations in the near future.
- AMAnaWritten on April 29, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The things I liked most was the itinerary and the guide.
- JJennyWritten on July 18, 20174.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
An excellent trip! Excellent Tour Director and fun group. Breathtaking scenery. All very good.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
How many people are on one bus?
Insight Vacation has 40 passengers maximum on their buses giving you more room than the typical 50 passengers maximum that other operators have.
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Meet Insight Vacations Travel Director Tim Pendlebury
- Meet Insight Vacations Travel Director Sara Tuppen Veloso
- Deliciously Authentic Dining
- The Magic of an Insight Experience
- The Art of Traveling in Style
Guides who have led this tour
- "So when I moved to Switzerland to study in 2006 - little did I know it would end up changing every plan..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Valentina19th April 2019
Country Roads of Scotland - 2020
- Upcoming departures
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- SaturdayApr 18, 2020from Edinburgh9 DaysSundayApr 26, 2020to Glasgow8 seats left$278$2,775-10%USD $2,498
- SaturdayApr 25, 2020from Edinburgh9 DaysSundayMay 3, 2020to Glasgow7 seats left$280$2,795-10%USD $2,516
- SaturdayMay 2, 2020from Edinburgh9 DaysSundayMay 10, 2020to Glasgow8 seats left$283$2,825-10%USD $2,543
- SaturdayMay 9, 2020from Edinburgh9 DaysSundayMay 17, 2020to Glasgow10+ seats left$283$2,825-10%USD $2,543
- SaturdayMay 16, 2020from Edinburgh9 DaysSundayMay 24, 2020to Glasgow10+ seats leftUSD $2,825
- SaturdayMay 23, 2020from Edinburgh9 DaysSundayMay 31, 2020to Glasgow9 seats leftUSD $2,825
- SaturdayMay 30, 2020from Edinburgh9 DaysSundayJun 7, 2020to Glasgow10+ seats left$285$2,850-10%USD $2,565
- MondayJun 1, 2020from Edinburgh9 DaysTuesdayJun 9, 2020to Glasgow9 seats leftUSD $2,850
- SaturdayJun 6, 2020from Edinburgh9 DaysSundayJun 14, 2020to Glasgow10+ seats left$285$2,850-10%USD $2,565
- SaturdayJun 13, 2020from Edinburgh9 DaysSundayJun 21, 2020to Glasgow10+ seats leftUSD $2,850
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingScotland
Plugs & Adapters
- Edinburgh is the starting point and Glasgow is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Insight Vacations to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- For any tour departing before 22 December 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 22 December 2019, a minimum payment of $200 is required to confirm your booking with Insight Vacations. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 65 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Insight Vacations. Please familiarise yourself with the Insight Vacations payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Insight Vacations tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 49 km
- St Andrews (Scotland)
- 153 km
- Inverness (Scotland)
- 131 km
- Thurso (Scotland)
- 70 km
- Orkney Islands (Scotland)
- 263 km
- Isle of Skye (Scotland)
- 117 km
- Glencoe (Scotland)
- 70 km
- Loch Lomond (Scotland)
- 36 km
- Glasgow (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,475 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,215 tours in Europe
- covered by 527 different operators in Europe
- Use Discounts and Credits*
- Past passenger discounts or credits, early-bird savings, child discounts, and multi-person discounts offered by the tour operator may be applicable when you book with TourRadar. *Discounts and credits are subject to the tour operator terms and conditions.
- 10 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Country Roads of Scotland - 2020