Best of Scotland Summer 2018
- Our saving
- US $ 1,752
- Experience the Isle of Skye firsthand
- Drive through the Scottish Highlands
- Explore Trossachs National Park
- Visit the Glengoyne Whisky Distillery
- Age range
- 5 to 99 year olds
- Hotel, Berth / Cabin
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Ferry
- Rather Poor
- JBJacquelineWritten on September 2, 20171.0 - BadMy sister was buried yesterday. We had planned to go to Scotland as a dream realized. Unfortunately, that will never be and now that I am trying to cancel the trip so close to our travel date Trafalgar has decided to not only will they rebate a very small amount of the trip to me, they will also charge my sister who is no longer alive. Be very careful to read the fine print and please make sure you are healthy before you make your plans.Show detailed ratings
- SMSilviaWritten on September 19, 20163.5 - GoodTo start with, the group was very numerous (about 48 people). Fortunately all but the 2 of us were (US and Canadian) courteous and punctual people very well disposed towards others. My main complaint is the organization of it, as it gave the impression we "saw" places which only some of us were able to fleetingly perceive as a flash when driving by on the coach. Too many hours on the coach, practically no stops other than the sleeping place and one spot in each of the two main cities. Hardly any time for lunch or shopping. No photo opportunities other than bad photos taken while driving at normal speed. The guide wasn't bad, but he should have foreseen at least some photo stops at lovely panoramic spots, having had beautiful weather all along. I had the feeling we often set out early so he could have a longer time ahead of him at the end of the afternoon. Hotels were good in Edinburgh and Glasgow, but in the latter there was a "function" going on in the floor beneath ours which meant loud music till 1pm for two nights!.We were given ear plugs, a basket of fruit and an apology, but we still couldn't sleep properly. Also in Glasgow, they kept supplying only 1 set of towels though it was a twin room for 2 occupants. The hotel in Laggan wasn't fantastic and it was far from absolutely everything. The food there was OK, the desserts were very good.Show detailed ratings
- DSDanielWritten on May 2, 20164.5 - ExcellentVery well organized and interesting tour, highly recommended. Hotel in Laggan has somewhat old equipment, shower hardly provided warm water. The rest was perfect.Show detailed ratings
- MDMargaretWritten on April 8, 20165.0 - ExcellentTook this trip with my 14 year old grandson. He loved the castles we toured and Britannia. We both enjoyed the Scotish entertainment evening. Loved the food. The scenery was unforgettable and we visited a sheep farm to watch the sheep dogs train which was delightful.Show detailed ratings
- SSueWritten on April 6, 20163.0 - Averagesix night too short, not enough time to see places. Need to be at least nine and not so far to go each dayShow detailed ratings
- HWHelenWritten on December 23, 20154.5 - ExcellentBeautiful coach, friendly driver and knowledgeable guide. Fantastic tour covering the best parts in a week. Cool though. Should have had a warmer coat for the Highlands. Highly recommend it and I'd love to go again.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Edinburgh (2 Nights)
- Day 2: Edinburgh Sightseeing
- Day 3: Edinburgh – St. Andrews – Pitlochry – Scottish Highlands (2 Nights)
- Day 4: Isle of Skye, Culloden and Scenic Highlands Excursion
- Day 5: Scottish Highlands – Glencoe – Glasgow (2 Nights)
- Day 6: Glasgow Orientation and Stirling Castle Excursion
- Day 7: Depart Glasgow
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Love Travel?
- Travel Today Sustain Tomorrow
- Dive Into Culture | Glengoyne Distillery | Scotland, UK
- Stays with Stories | Laggan Gaskmore | The Highlands, Scotland
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- April 9, 2018
When and where does the tour end?
This tour ends after breakfast at Crowne Plaza in Glasgow. Please be aware that the hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
- April 9, 2018
When and where does the tour start?
Day 1 of this tour is an arrivals day, which means that you can arrive at Novotel Centre in Edinburgh anytime during the day. Spend the rest of your day exploring Edinburgh's rich history before joining your travel companions and Travel Director for a Welcome Reception with a light meal and drinks. Please be aware that the meeting hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
- April 9, 2018
Do you arrange airport transfers?
Airport transfers are included in the tour price, however, they are only available at certain times and are subject to change until your booking is confirmed. Arrival transfers in Edinburgh are available at 9 am, 11.30 am and 2 pm. Departure transfers from Glasgow are available at 7 am and 9 am.
If you arrive or depart outside of these times we can arrange a transfer for you for an additional cost once you have a confirmed booking.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Hamish13th March 2018
Best of Scotland Summer 2018
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- SundayJun 3, 2018from Edinburgh7 DaysSaturdayJun 9, 2018to Glasgow0 seats left$75USD $1,800
- SundayJun 10, 2018from Edinburgh7 DaysSaturdayJun 16, 2018to Glasgow0 seats left$75USD $1,800
- SundayJun 17, 2018from Edinburgh7 DaysSaturdayJun 23, 2018to Glasgow0 seats left$75USD $1,800
- SundayJun 24, 2018from Edinburgh7 DaysSaturdayJun 30, 2018to Glasgow10+ seats left$75USD $1,800
- SundayJul 1, 2018from Edinburgh7 DaysSaturdayJul 7, 2018to Glasgow0 seats left$75USD $1,800
- SundayJul 8, 2018from Edinburgh7 DaysSaturdayJul 14, 2018to Glasgow0 seats left$75USD $1,800
- SundayJul 15, 2018from Edinburgh7 DaysSaturdayJul 21, 2018to GlasgowOnly 1 seat left$75USD $1,800Book Now Hold my
- SundayJul 22, 2018from Edinburgh7 DaysSaturdayJul 28, 2018to Glasgow0 seats left$75USD $1,800
- SundayJul 29, 2018from Edinburgh7 DaysSaturdayAug 4, 2018to Glasgow0 seats left$77USD $1,848
- ThursdayAug 2, 2018from Edinburgh7 DaysWednesdayAug 8, 2018to Glasgow0 seats left$84USD $2,011
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingScotland
Plugs & Adapters
- Edinburgh is the starting point and Glasgow is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Trafalgar to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Trafalgar booking. The remaining balance is then payable 50 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 12 July 2018 the full payment of $1,752 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1752 for Best of Scotland Summer 2018, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Trafalgar tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 49 km
- St Andrews (Scotland)
- 70 km
- Pitlochry (Scotland)
- 91 km
- Inverness (Scotland)
- 27 km
- Loch Ness (Scotland)
- 108 km
- Isle of Skye (Scotland)
- 64 km
- Mallaig (Scotland)
- 55 km
- Ben Nevis (Scotland)
- 14 km
- Glencoe (Scotland)
- 105 km
- Glasgow (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,752 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,995 tours in Europe
- covered by 210 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date.
- 6 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Best of Scotland Summer 2018