Classic Romania Tour
- Our saving
- US $ 1,020
- Explore the unique mix of architectural gems of Bucharest
- Meet the locals, visit an authentic house and drink palinka
- Enjoy a horse-drawn carriage ride in the charming Sibiel
- Go sightseeing in Brasov and visit the famous Bran castle
- Admire the wooden churches in Poienile Izei and Barsana
- Age range
- 10 to 70 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Private Vehicle
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- RobertWritten on November 1, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
This is a very intensive tour. It keeps you busy and traveling without much idle time. The included meals are phenomenal and are in small villages! The guide was extremely knowledgeable. The people and sights in Romania are incredible, this is a must... Read more
- SRSUSANWritten on October 6, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I would call it A TASTE OF ROMANIA. We covered a lot of ground in one week and our guide, Chris, was very knowledgeable and helpful. I had a Rough Guide to Romania and he helped us locate a restaurant which we wanted to visit. He also planned to have us... Read more
- EliseWritten on August 16, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Fantastic tour! We spend the week with our guide Cristi Harbuz. He is very knowledgeable and eager to share his information about Romania and various sights and legends. The hotels really are centrally located and the rooms were clean. We are considering to... Read more
- JPJordanaWritten on August 10, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
This tour was a good “taster” of Romania with flexibility about some parts of the daily itinerary and a guide who was passionate about sharing the Romanian culture. Some of the days were not as action packed as others but there was some beautiful scenery.... Read more
- AA TourRadar TravellerWritten on August 9, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
This tour was a good “taster” for Romania.
- JBJoyeetaWritten on July 16, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
An exceptionally helpful, knowledgable and insightful guide made the tour memorable. Thank you, Cristi! The itinerary was well planned, packed as it was with a good mix of nature (a ride in a horse driven cart over rolling meadows, thrilling to say the... Read more
- KSKevinWritten on June 29, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Excellent introduction to the beautiful land of Romania. Whets the appetite for even more. Cristian, our tour guide, was an encyclopedia of knowledge.
- CYchoongWritten on June 10, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Could you change the overall to 4 stars. Coukd not change it. Thanks.
- SauWritten on May 22, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
We had a wonderful time in Romania. Right from the beginning Ioana assisted us every step of the way from the initial booking and answered all our queries big and small promptly. Our group included my husband and I together with a family of three from... Read more
- SKSamanthaWritten on October 21, 20174.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
My sister booked the tour for us to explore Romania. I had very little expectations since I was along for the ride. I was pleasantly surprised! The tour was private with just my sister, and one other. The tour guide was excellent at figuring out what we... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Day 1 | Bucharest
Start point Airport transfer upon arrival, București, Bucureşti, Romania
- Day 2 | Bucharest - Curtea de Arges - Sibiu
- Day 3 | Sibiu - Sibiel - Alba Iulia - Turda - Cluj-Napoca
- Day 4 | Cluj Napoca - Breb - Barsana - Sighetu Marmatiei
- Day 5 | UNESCO Wooden Churches - Sighetu Marmatiei - Targu Mures
- Day 6 | Targu Mures - Biertan - Copsa Mare - Sighisoara - Viscri - Brasov
- Day 7 | Brasov - Bran - Sinaia - Bucharest
Day 8 | Bucharest - Departure
End point Airport transfer, București, Bucureşti, Romania
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
How do I get an invitation to request for Visa?
Invitation will be approved within 30 days since the submission thereof. In case the invitation is approved, a counterpart thereof will be handed over to the inviting person, which will transmit it to you. You will submit the invitation, in original, to the diplomatic mission or to the consular office, accompanied by the other documents, in order to obtain the Romanian visa. You must apply for the visa within 30 days since the approval of your invitation, otherwise it loses validity.
Can you please let me know what are the optional side tours on the "Classic Romania Tour"?
This is a small group tour with all the activities and entrance fees included. We don't have Optional Side Tours since we need to follow the program with limited free time. These are few of the activities already included in itinerary:
1 authentic ride with a horse-drawn carriage
1 folk show dinner to experience the local tradition
1 tasty lunch with traditional local products in a village
What is the type of transportation used in this tour?
Private car or minivan. The maximum group size are 8 people.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Janet, 30 years old7th April 2017
Classic Romania Tour
- Upcoming departures
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- MondayApr 1, 2019from Bucharest8 DaysMondayApr 8, 2019to Bucharest6 seats left$281$1,302-22%USD $1,020
- FridayApr 12, 2019from Bucharest8 DaysFridayApr 19, 2019to Bucharest6 seats left$281$1,302-22%USD $1,020
- FridayApr 19, 2019from Bucharest8 DaysFridayApr 26, 2019to Bucharest6 seats left$281$1,302-22%USD $1,020
- WednesdayMay 1, 2019from Bucharest8 DaysWednesdayMay 8, 2019to Bucharest6 seats left$281$1,302-22%USD $1,020
- SundayMay 12, 2019from Bucharest8 DaysSundayMay 19, 2019to Bucharest4 seats left$281$1,302-22%USD $1,020
- FridayMay 24, 2019from Bucharest8 DaysFridayMay 31, 2019to Bucharest5 seats left$281$1,302-22%USD $1,020
- SaturdayJun 1, 2019from Bucharest8 DaysSaturdayJun 8, 2019to Bucharest4 seats left$281$1,302-22%USD $1,020
- ThursdayJun 6, 2019from Bucharest8 DaysThursdayJun 13, 2019to Bucharest6 seats left$281$1,302-22%USD $1,020
- FridayJun 14, 2019from Bucharest8 DaysFridayJun 21, 2019to Bucharest5 seats left$281$1,302-22%USD $1,020
- SundayJun 23, 2019from Bucharest8 DaysSundayJun 30, 2019to Bucharest5 seats left$281$1,302-22%USD $1,020
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Romania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Romania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Romania. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Romania. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Start and end in Bucharest.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Rolandia booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 20 March 2019 the full payment of $1,020 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1020 for Classic Romania Tour, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Rolandia will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Rolandia tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Bucharest (Romania)
- 137 km
- Curtea de Arges (Romania)
- 83 km
- Sibiu (Romania)
- 19 km
- Sibiel (Romania)
- 42 km
- Alba Iulia (Romania)
- 58 km
- Turda (Romania)
- 28 km
- Cluj-Napoca (Romania)
- 110 km
- Breb (Romania)
- 14 km
- Barsana (Romania)
- 146 km
- Targu Mures (Romania)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,020 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 10,272 tours in Europe
- covered by 332 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Classic Romania Tour via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 15 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Classic Romania Tour