Classic Romania Tour
- Our saving
- US $ 1,230
- Check out the architectural gems of Bucharest
- Walk on the cobblestone roads of Sibiel
- Enjoy a traditional dinner and folkloric show
- Be amazed by the Dracula castle in Brasov
- Age range
- 5 to 80 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Private Vehicle
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- JPJordanaWritten on August 10, 20184.0 - GoodThis tour was a good “taster” of Romania with flexibility about some parts of the daily itinerary and a guide who was passionate about sharing the Romanian culture. Some of the days were not as action packed as others but there was some beautiful scenery. The organisation prior to the trip was great with someone to answer any questions I had with no hassle.Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on August 9, 20184.0 - GoodThis tour was a good “taster” for Romania.Show detailed ratings
- JBJoyeetaWritten on July 16, 20184.5 - ExcellentAn exceptionally helpful, knowledgable and insightful guide made the tour memorable. Thank you, Cristi! The itinerary was well planned, packed as it was with a good mix of nature (a ride in a horse driven cart over rolling meadows, thrilling to say the least!) and historical monuments (including churches and castles). The tour ended with a fabulous meal at a historic restaurant in Bucharest. All in all, we fell in love with Romania.Show detailed ratings
- KSKevinWritten on June 29, 20184.0 - GoodExcellent introduction to the beautiful land of Romania. Whets the appetite for even more. Cristian, our tour guide, was an encyclopedia of knowledge.Show detailed ratings
- CYchoongWritten on June 10, 20184.0 - GoodCould you change the overall to 4 stars. Coukd not change it. Thanks.Show detailed ratings
- SauWritten on May 22, 20185.0 - ExcellentWe had a wonderful time in Romania. Right from the beginning Ioana assisted us every step of the way from the initial booking and answered all our queries big and small promptly. Our group included my husband and I together with a family of three from USA. Our guide Cristi took care of our various needs and introduced us to the end of the different regions of Romania. He is very knowledgeable about the history of the places we visited. He brought us to little secret places which big tour companies are not likely to bring us. Romania is a beautiful country well worth your time. Thank you very much Ioana and Cristi for your wonderful Romanian hospitality!Show detailed ratings
- SKSamanthaWritten on October 21, 20174.5 - ExcellentMy sister booked the tour for us to explore Romania. I had very little expectations since I was along for the ride. I was pleasantly surprised! The tour was private with just my sister, and one other. The tour guide was excellent at figuring out what we would enjoy and what to highlight. He really made our trip, and I would tell my friends to ask for him! I knew very little about Romania, and now I can say that I have learned a lot about a country that many people would not think to visit. I would recommend this tour to anyone that loves history and culture! Romania has lots to offer!Show detailed ratings
- SelvamWritten on October 21, 20175.0 - ExcellentI loved this tour--period! Rolandia did a great job with the selection of hotels. I'm not going to spoil your surprise, but I can tell you that some of the places were simply above and beyond expectations. The best part of this tour is the 'intimate' nature of it. Small groups allow you to get to know each other better. Imagine going on a road trip with your family in a private car - that's how this was like. Our guide was not just a guide. I am filled with gratitude for the lengths he went through to arrange a birthday cake for one of us. The local plum brandy is not to be taken lightly. I don't know....perhaps it can...can't remember!! Looks can be deceiving. Ha ha ha. Oo la la! You get to meet the locals in the country, dance with them, taste their hospitality, sit at their kitchen dining table for a meal...and have a sip or two of Palinca. Can't ask for more! I have only one negative experience about this tour to share...the time is simply too short to experience the beauty of some of the places you will visit. You will wish it didn't end.Show detailed ratings
- MichelleWritten on October 19, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis trip was more than I expected. The tour guide was knowledgeable, helpful, and went above and beyond to ensure the trip covered everyone's interests. The guide was personable and ensured everyone felt included. I would recommend this tour and tour guide to any one of my friends interested in traveling to Romania. One of the best tour guides I had.Show detailed ratings
- LLHWritten on July 3, 20175.0 - ExcellentI went on the 8 day Classic Romanian Tour in June and had a great time in Romania. The service Rolandia provided was excellent. This include enquiry and booking the tour with Ms Ioana, and during the tour with Valentin as the guide. The tour was full of beautiful scenery, amazing buildings and historical sights - I really enjoyed my entire time. We had a small group travelling together so it is easy to accommodate everyone's need. Overall, I am glad I have chosen to travel Romania as it was really a beautiful and Rolandia have done an excellent job with this tour to showcase the country.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 | Bucharest
- Day 2 | Bucharest - Curtea de Arges - Sibiu
- Day 3 | Sibiu - Sibiel - Alba Iulia - Turda - Cluj-Napoca
- Day 4 | Cluj Napoca - Breb - Barsana - Sighetu Marmatiei
- Day 5 | UNESCO Wooden Churches - Sighetu Marmatiei - Targu Mures
- Day 6 | Targu Mures - Biertan - Copsa Mare - Sighisoara - Viscri - Brasov
- Day 7 | Brasov - Bran - Sinaia - Bucharest
- Day 8 | Bucharest - Departure
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
How do I get an invitation to request for Visa?
Invitation will be approved within 30 days since the submission thereof. In case the invitation is approved, a counterpart thereof will be handed over to the inviting person, which will transmit it to you. You will submit the invitation, in original, to the diplomatic mission or to the consular office, accompanied by the other documents, in order to obtain the Romanian visa. You must apply for the visa within 30 days since the approval of your invitation, otherwise it loses validity.
Can you please let me know what are the optional side tours on the "Classic Romania Tour"?
This is a small group tour with all the activities and entrance fees included. We don't have Optional Side Tours since we need to follow the program with limited free time. These are few of the activities already included in itinerary:
1 authentic ride with a horse-drawn carriage
1 folk show dinner to experience the local tradition
1 tasty lunch with traditional local products in a village
What is the type of transportation used in this tour?
Private car or minivan. The maximum group size are 8 people.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Elvio18th May 2018
Classic Romania Tour
- Upcoming departures
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- FridayAug 31, 2018from Bucharest8 DaysFridaySep 7, 2018to Bucharest6 seats left$54USD $1,307
- FridaySep 14, 2018from Bucharest8 DaysFridaySep 21, 2018to Bucharest4 seats left$54USD $1,307
- SaturdaySep 22, 2018from Bucharest8 DaysSaturdaySep 29, 2018to Bucharest5 seats left$54USD $1,307
- TuesdayOct 9, 2018from Bucharest8 DaysTuesdayOct 16, 2018to Bucharest4 seats left$54USD $1,307
- SundayNov 4, 2018from Bucharest8 DaysSundayNov 11, 2018to BucharestOnly 3 seats left$51USD $1,230
- MondayApr 1, 2019from Bucharest8 DaysMondayApr 8, 2019to Bucharest6 seats left$54USD $1,307
- FridayApr 12, 2019from Bucharest8 DaysFridayApr 19, 2019to Bucharest6 seats left$54USD $1,307
- FridayApr 19, 2019from Bucharest8 DaysFridayApr 26, 2019to Bucharest6 seats left$54USD $1,307
- WednesdayMay 1, 2019from Bucharest8 DaysWednesdayMay 8, 2019to Bucharest6 seats left$54USD $1,307
- SundayMay 12, 2019from Bucharest8 DaysSundayMay 19, 2019to Bucharest6 seats left$54USD $1,307
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Romania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Romania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Romania. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Romania. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Start and end in Bucharest.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Rolandia booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 19 October 2018 the full payment of $1,230 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1230 for Classic Romania Tour, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Rolandia will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Rolandia tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Bucharest (Romania)
- 137 km
- Curtea de Arges (Romania)
- 83 km
- Sibiu (Romania)
- 19 km
- Sibiel (Romania)
- 42 km
- Alba Iulia (Romania)
- 79 km
- Cluj-Napoca (Romania)
- 133 km
- Sapanta (Romania)
- 32 km
- Barsana (Romania)
- 146 km
- Targu Mures (Romania)
- 46 km
- Biertan (Romania)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,230 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,006 tours in Europe
- covered by 254 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Classic Romania Tour via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 13 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Classic Romania Tour