Italian Delights - 12 Days
- Our saving
- US $ 1,330
- Discover the marvellous landmarks of ancient Rome
- See Mt. Vesuvius and explore the ruins of Pompeii
- Fall in love with the unique charm of Cinque Terre
- Get your camera ready for a few shots of Tower of Pisa
- Enjoy delicious Tuscan wine and local treats in Siena
- Rather Poor
- DEDavidWritten on September 22, 20184.5 - ExcellentThis tour was fantastic! We saw a lot of Italy in a relatively short amount of time. Our tour leader was knowledgeable and gave good guidance throughout our trip. We will definitely be booking similar tours in the future.Show detailed ratings
- WAWarrickWritten on September 10, 20184.5 - ExcellentThe tour gave us a taste of everything that we wanted to see in Italy. Our driver Giuseppe was fantastic, we didn’t have to worry about our belongings on the bus and he was a very safe driver. Our tour leader Shabby was awesome, she was knowledgeable, approachable, friendly and downright gorgeous. Both of them together made our tour so much more enjoyable. We would love to do another tour with Expats, provided we can have Giuseppe and Shabby with us.Show detailed ratings
- EugeneWritten on September 7, 20184.5 - ExcellentThe tour was absolutely amazing!!!! Itinerary - amazing paced. Fast enough where you see alot but also gives you enough time in each location to truly soak it all in Transportation - our driver Giuseppe was awesome. We were never worried about safety. We also never had to worry about leaving our stuff on the bus while he was watching it. Accommodation and meals - most accomodations were good. 2 of the hotels were ok. Honestly if you are truly going to make the most of your trip you will not be spending time at the hotels anyway. We would get to the room, shower, change and go back out. Meals are good but dont expect a 5 star experience. You will get full. It will be decent. Its included so you save money. Guide - there are not enough words to describe Shabby. She is the true definition of an amazing guide. She always had an amazing attitude. Even when we had an incident with traffic which was clearly out of her control, she immediately made alternative arrangementd for the day and we were able to get to do and see everything on schedule. You can tell she has a true passion for the country and for being a tour leader. She is an amazing asset to Expat. On our last day, most of the group was crying during our goodbyes and I have never seen that with any other tour. She was able to bring together a group of very diverse people and truly make it feel like family. We hope Shabbs gets to do a different itinerary as we would love to travel with her again.Show detailed ratings
- EWEileenWritten on August 21, 20184.0 - GoodThe tour provided an opportunity to experience many parts of Italy. The tour guides that were prearranged were good. I was disappointed that we did not know about the closing of St. Peter’s Cathederal before choosing our tour of the Vatican (due to 60,000 altar servers having a Mass with the Pope). I cannot imagine that was not known by the guide ahead of time. If we had been aware of the closing we could have chosen an alternate tour of the Collesium or done exploring on our own. Lots of walking, but doable for all on our trip. I would have liked more time in many places especsince we had to sometimes walk 20 minutes just to get to a destination from where we were dropped off. We were typically given 2-2 1/2 hours but with the time it took to get to the destination and back to the bus it really only left about an hour 1 and a half. Overall we saw some incredible sights. Pompei was tops on my list along with the Almagest coast and Sorrento. We also met some wonderful people from around the globe on our bus trip.Show detailed ratings
- TSTeresaWritten on August 15, 20184.5 - ExcellentThoroughly enjoyed the tour which was amazing thanks to Shabby our tour leader who is so passionate about Italy which was an absolute bonus for everyone on the tour...Show detailed ratings
- ASAlmutWritten on August 12, 20184.5 - ExcellentThe tour was fantastic, the participants, our tour leader and driver outstanding!Show detailed ratings
- JEJulieWritten on August 7, 20185.0 - ExcellentI had the time of my life always wanted to go to Italy and i lived my dream The best way possible. Thanks shabby for making it so much fun too.Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on July 13, 20185.0 - ExcellentIf you’re looking for a well-paced Trip that gets you all around Italy, choose this one. My wife & I went for our 10th Anniversary & it far exceeded our expectations. We were reluctant at first to try a tour group, but after reading some reviews we decided to go for it! We saw places that we didn’t even know we wanted to see. Vivien, our tour group leader/guide was absolutely phenomenal & we couldn’t have asked for a better trip. I highly recommend this tour. We will be using Expat again for sure.Show detailed ratings
- RinaWritten on July 10, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe tour provided a really diverse and exciting taste of Italy over 12 very well coordinated and organised days, thanks to Vivienne! The coach was comfortable and driver, Giuseppe, was a very friendly and reliable. Vivienne was a great source of local knowledge and went out of her way to help us when we needed. The tour is fantastic value for money, given all breakfast and some dinners are also included, and perfect for a first timer Italy as you get plenty of tips on how to be courteous and navigate Italy as a tourist from the tour guide.Show detailed ratings
- BrettWritten on June 26, 20185.0 - ExcellentOne of the best tours I've ever been on. Our tour guide vivienne is probably the best tour guide we've ever had the pleasure to travel with. Cannot recommend her, our driver Giuseppe and this tour enough. You don't pay a premium so dont expect to be coached absolutely everywhere but the public transportation requirements was only on occasion and added to the adventure. Thank you Expat Explore.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Rome
- Day 2: Rome
- Day 3: Pompeii - Sorrento region
- Day 4: Sorrento region - Free day
- Day 5: Cassino - Assisi
- Day 6: San Marino - Venice
- Day 7: Venice - Free day
- Day 8: Verona - Italian Lakes
- Day 9: Cinque Terre
- Day 10: Pisa - Florence - Tuscany
- Day 11: San Gimignano - Siena - Rome
- Day 12: End of tour
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What is the itinerary for the tour?
To see a daily breakdown of the itinerary whilst you are on the tour please click 'Itinerary' on the main tour page and then you can either choose to 'Expand All' or click on each day individually to see the plan for the day.
When and where does the tour end?
This tour ends in Rome at 10 am on the last day of the tour. The departure point is generally Hotel American Palace Eur, however, please note that the hotel will not be confirmed until you receive your final documents after booking.
When and where does the tour start?
This tour starts in Rome between 2 pm and 5 pm on the first day. The meeting point is generally Hotel American Palace Eur, however, please note that the meeting point is subject to change and will not be confirmed until you receive your final documents after booking.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Once upon a time, in a sleepy little village near Bristol, there lived a chubby, curly-haired girl called..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Jane7th September 2018
Italian Delights - 12 Days
- Upcoming departures
- October 2018
- December 2018
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- December 2019
- MondayOct 8, 2018from Rome12 DaysFridayOct 19, 2018to RomeOnly 3 seats left$290$2,080-14%USD $1,790
- MondayOct 22, 2018from Rome12 DaysFridayNov 2, 2018to Rome8 seats left$405$2,080-19%USD $1,675
- SaturdayDec 22, 2018from Rome12 DaysWednesdayJan 2, 2019to Rome10+ seats left$568$2,080-27%USD $1,512
- MondayApr 8, 2019from Rome12 DaysFridayApr 19, 2019to Rome10+ seats left$592$2,080-28%USD $1,488
- MondayApr 22, 2019from Rome12 DaysFridayMay 3, 2019to Rome0 seats left$83USD $1,997Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- MondayMay 6, 2019from Rome12 DaysFridayMay 17, 2019to Rome10+ seats left$621$2,080-30%USD $1,459
- MondayMay 20, 2019from Rome12 DaysFridayMay 31, 2019to Rome10+ seats left$621$2,080-30%USD $1,459
- MondayJun 3, 2019from Rome12 DaysFridayJun 14, 2019to Rome10+ seats left$621$2,080-30%USD $1,459
- MondayJun 17, 2019from Rome12 DaysFridayJun 28, 2019to Rome10+ seats left$621$2,080-30%USD $1,459
- MondayJul 1, 2019from Rome12 DaysFridayJul 12, 2019to Rome10+ seats left$750$2,080-36%USD $1,330
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroItaly and San Marino
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Rome.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Expat Explore Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 10% to confirm this Expat Explore Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 28 November 2018 the full payment of $1,330 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1330 for Italian Delights - 12 Days, but the deposit of 10% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Expat Explore Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Rome (Italy)
- 211 km
- Pompei (Italy)
- 17 km
- Sorrento (Italy)
- 308 km
- Assisi (Italy)
- 97 km
- San Marino (San Marino)
- 168 km
- Venice (Italy)
- 103 km
- Verona (Italy)
- 175 km
- La Spezia (Italy)
- 120 km
- Florence (Italy)
- 38 km
- San Gimignano (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,330 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,827 tours in Europe
- covered by 253 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date.
- 42 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Italian Delights - 12 Days