Skye, The Highlands & Loch Ness - from Glasgow
- Our saving
- US $ 174
- Experienced guides
- Luxury modern air-conditioned coach
- Enjoy the natural beauty and delights of Scotland
- Age range
- 5 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- EPElizabethWritten on April 7, 20184.5 - ExcellentWe all enjoyed hearing the history as we drove. Being able to see so many locations was great too. There were so many beautiful places that we only wish the tour would have been longer!Show detailed ratings
- HSHelenWritten on April 1, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe ambience in the coach was good. Scenery was wonderful. Callum knew his history so we learned a lot. He went the extra mile. Everyone agreed that he was helpful all the time. I hope passengers tip him well as he deserves it.Show detailed ratings
- LuanaWritten on February 25, 20185.0 - ExcellentI was very happy with the three day tour, we got to see a lot of the highlands and our guide, Callum, was very well informed. I enjoyed every bit of our tour and the small city where we spent the night!Show detailed ratings
- ArinaWritten on February 9, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe trip was amazing and everything was very well organised. We loved that it was a small group of around 12 people in the tour which made it more personal. Andrew made the bus rides more enjoyable and we loved that he played some local songs. He was very knowledgeable, friendly and funny. If we ever return we would definitely go on tours organised by Timberbush.Show detailed ratings
- NurulWritten on January 2, 20185.0 - ExcellentMy siblings and I had a wonderful tour with Timberbush. Andrew was really good with explaining places of interests and it just made the journey fun. He even set the mood with the music and there was always time in between for toilet breaks and picture taking. I wouldn't hesitate recommending and booking another tour with Timberbush. The hotel we stayed at, Tongadale hotel has a family room for four and this was very comfortable and convenient. Overall, we had so much fun going up the Highlands and visiting the Isle of Skye. The only shame maybe was the amount of daylight that we had in a day, seeing that we went in winter but seeing the wonderful snow and its landscape was all worth it. Perhaps we'll make another trip during springtime in the future.Show detailed ratings
- AKAnneWritten on November 7, 20174.0 - GoodOur driver & tour guide Peter was great! He was informative, pleasant, easy to talk with and provided great insights into and background of the areas we saw and visited.Show detailed ratings
- JZJulieWritten on September 25, 20175.0 - ExcellentI traveled on the three day Skye tour, and I'm very glad that I did. The driver coped amazingly with the driving conditions while we could relax and be tourists. It was wonderful to see the natural beauty of the lochs and heather, and to visit castles and ancient ruins. My favorite part of the trip was being out in a small skiff to see the extraordinary white and gold seals living near the castle grounds. Yes, it rained. It's Scotland. I liked that the cost of the trip was quite reasonable, due to flexibility of what level of accommodation and meals were best for you. I'm sure that the young people in hostels preferred using their resources differently from the retired folks who stayed in a 4 star hotel! My only disappointment was that the tour bus sound system didn't work very well, and that we were not permitted entrance to one of the two castles because they were overwhelmed with visitors. All in all, I would highly recommend this tour to everyone who wants to explore Scotland!Show detailed ratings
- CherylWritten on September 25, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe tour was wonderful. Our driver was really knowledgeable and made Scotland's history come alive for us. For me, it was the best way to visit the Isle of Skye. Our B&B was conveniently located, the staff wonderful, food excellent.Show detailed ratings
- DZDanielaWritten on September 8, 20174.0 - GoodThe trip to Portree and the Isle of Skye has been a wonderful experience for me. We were a group of about 20 people from all over the world (China, USA, Canada, Japan, Spain, Switzerland) between the age of 20 to 50. Weather was a blast and Graham, our excellent driver and funny Scottish tour guide, could show us so many places in these three days. We even had the chance to see some seals and to climb the mythical Fairy Glen. Perfect tour; Scotland is amazing and so interesting! Highly recommendable DanielaShow detailed ratingsTimberbush Tours commented on this reviewHi Daniela, thank you so much for your review and recommendation. It's great to hear you and your party of 20 had a fun time with Graham as your driver-guide and found it to be a perfect tour! We're very flattered! If you'd like to see more of Scotland then please feel free to get in touch and we'd be happy to recommend another tour for you! As returning customers you would be entitled to a 10% discount on your next tour. - Ruairi
- UGUrmilaWritten on September 5, 20175.0 - ExcellentWe had the most amazing 3 Day Tour off The Highlands & Isle of Skye experience . Can't fault anything. Fantastic customer services by Timberbush! Great accommodation to chose from. The most fantastic Highlands & Isle of Skye 3 days tour on their itinerary. Our driver Andrew was just so knowledgeable about the places we visited and made sure we covered everything and took us to some of the most beautiful places with amazing views. And must add Andrew is the most funniest, wittiest and fun loving guy you can ever meet. He kept us all well entertained with his jokes, with others on board too. On our last day it rained quite a lot in the morning so Andrew took an executive decision as to what we can do after consulting everybody on the bus so that we didn't miss out on any of our planned tours and took us to Inverness. Again, we drove through some beautiful places with amazing views. I've already decided that every trip I take to Scotland from now on I will be booking all by tours through Timberbush. Giving it 5* rating. All I can say is just try it out for yourself. You'll keep going back. Timberbush!!!.... I really cannot wait to book my next trip with you. AmyShow detailed ratingsTimberbush Tours commented on this reviewHi Urmila, thanks for leaving a review and recommending us! We're very glad you consider the tour you took to be 5star worthy in every aspect! Thank you also for your kind words regarding your driver-guide Andrew, we will be sure to pass your feedback on to him. We shall look forward to exploring more of Scotland with you when you return! - Ruairi
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Day 1: Glasgow
Start point Timberbush Tours Coach Stop, 266 George Street, Glasgow, G1 1QX 10:15
- Day 2: Portree, Skye
- Day 3: Portree, Skye
- Optional Extras
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- April 1, 2017
Are there any baggage restrictions for the tour?
On our extended tour you are allowed to bring a medium-sized suitcase, which, in general, is considered to be between 61 and 63 centimetres in height (24 to 24.8 inches). As long as your luggage isn't significantly bigger than these measurements, it should be fine to use for your trip. This is necessary to ensure that luggage for all the passengers travelling on the tour can be stored safely into the hold. In addition to the medium sized suitcase, you are able to take a small piece of hand luggage onto the coach itself as a carry on allowance.
- February 1, 2017
What are the options for B&B or hotels?
As we book from a broad range of different accommodation providers depending on momentary availability as well as the specific requests of our passengers, we are unable to offer a list of establishments to choose from or provide specific pricing.
- February 1, 2017
Do you provide pre-paid train tickets?
All our extended tours end in Edinburgh, and we do provide pre-paid train tickets to passengers who started the tour from Glasgow and wish to go back at the end of the tour.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Shelby29th January 2018
Skye, The Highlands & Loch Ness - from Glasgow
- Upcoming departures
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- SundayApr 29, 2018from Glasgow3 DaysTuesdayMay 1, 2018to Glasgow6 seats leftOnly 1 day left toSave $8USD $201
- MondayApr 30, 2018from Glasgow3 DaysWednesdayMay 2, 2018to Glasgow4 seats leftOnly 1 day left toSave $8USD $201
- TuesdayMay 1, 2018from Glasgow3 DaysThursdayMay 3, 2018to Glasgow6 seats leftOnly 1 day left toSave $8USD $201
- WednesdayMay 2, 2018from Glasgow3 DaysFridayMay 4, 2018to Glasgow6 seats leftOnly 1 day left toSave $8USD $201
- ThursdayMay 3, 2018from Glasgow3 DaysSaturdayMay 5, 2018to Glasgow6 seats leftOnly 1 day left toSave $8USD $201
- FridayMay 4, 2018from Glasgow3 DaysSundayMay 6, 2018to Glasgow6 seats leftOnly 1 day left toSave $8USD $201
- SaturdayMay 5, 2018from Glasgow3 DaysMondayMay 7, 2018to Glasgow6 seats leftOnly 1 day left toSave $8USD $201
- SundayMay 6, 2018from Glasgow3 DaysTuesdayMay 8, 2018to Glasgow6 seats leftOnly 1 day left toSave $8USD $201
- MondayMay 7, 2018from Glasgow3 DaysWednesdayMay 9, 2018to Glasgow6 seats leftOnly 1 day left toSave $8USD $201
- TuesdayMay 8, 2018from Glasgow3 DaysThursdayMay 10, 2018to Glasgow6 seats leftOnly 1 day left toSave $8USD $201
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingScotland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Glasgow.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Timberbush Tours booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 25 June 2018 the full payment of $174 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $174 for Skye, The Highlands & Loch Ness - from Glasgow, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Timberbush Tours will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Timberbush Tours : Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Glasgow (Scotland)
- 36 km
- Loch Lomond (Scotland)
- 70 km
- Glencoe (Scotland)
- 15 km
- Fort William (Scotland)
- 93 km
- Portree (Scotland)
- 14 km
- Isle of Skye (Scotland)
- 24 km
- Dunvegan (Scotland)
- 23 km
- Portree (Scotland)
- 104 km
- Loch Ness (Scotland)
- 19 km
- Fort Augustus (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $174 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,745 tours in Europe
- covered by 202 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Skye, The Highlands & Loch Ness - from Glasgow via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 18 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Skye, The Highlands & Loch Ness - from Glasgow