- Tour Operator:
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 16 to 85
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
- Hygiene Measures:
Places You’ll See
- Hadrian's Wall
- Day 1 Join trip in Alnwick
- Day 2 Walk Pilgrim’s Path to Holy Island of Lindisfarne. Optional visit to Bamburgh Castle
- Day 3 Coastal AONB hike to Dunstanburgh Castle ruins.
- Day 4 Hike Hadrian’s Wall – Housesteads Fort, Sycamore Gap, Vindolanda settlement
- Day 5 Simonside Hills short circular walk. Visit Cragside House and Gardens
- Day 6 Trip ends in Alnwick
- COVID-19 Health & Safety Measures
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
Operated by Explore!
We've been taking small groups on adventure holidays for almost 40 years. Our authentic adventure travel experiences explore the sights and culture of a country, with hand-picked accommodation that balances comfort and location. Our average group tour size is just 12; perfect for meeting new people and getting to the heart of our destinations. Explore is one of the worlds most trusted adventure travel companies with over 500 trips to more than 120 countries. We are passionate about travel and have developed a wide range of unique activities and adventures which give our customers an unforgettable experience with a team of award-winning Explore leaders. With Explore, you'll get to see your destination from a whole new perspective that takes you away from the typical well-trodden tourist track. You'll have the chance to meet, dine and stay with local people, rest in authentic accommodation with other like-minded explorers and travel to must-see destinations with a unique Explore twist. From family holidays to trips for solo travellers; cycling tours to wildlife safaris; trekking on mountains or exploring miles of scenic coastline; self-guided journeys small group trips or Private Tours; there is something for every kind of traveller with Explore. We will provide our expert knowledge, exciting itineraries and outstanding service as part of our sustainable travel experiences which take you under the skin of the country you're visiting for the adventure of a lifetime.Read more
Reduce Carbon Emissions
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- AClive· June 18th, 2022The itinerary was varied and challenging and well thought out.Trip date: June 2022
- AMary· June 18th, 2022Trip date: June 2022
- ALinda· June 16th, 2022Trip date: June 2022
- AClare· October 24th, 2021Overall, this was a fabulous trip and we had a great team in Ken and Aubrey who looked after us so well and showed us that there was so much more to Northumberland than we thought. Thanks guys!Trip date: October 2021
- AWendy· July 25th, 2021I would use explore again, definitely a good holiday. Well done explore and Ian Rochester.Trip date: July 2021
- ASheila· July 20th, 2021There was such a wealth of lovely walks and interesting places to visit that I think you could easily put together a Walk Northumberland 2 trip. I'd book on it!Trip date: July 2021
- ATim· July 20th, 2021We would have liked more walking although there was good variety of walks planned. Linear walks would be nice, especially along the coast, which we would have especially liked more of. Better to leave out places if there is no time to visit them. The... Show moreTrip date: July 2021
Dates & Availability
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- Sunday21 May, 2023Friday26 May, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,380
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday13 Aug, 2023Friday18 Aug, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,6000% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday10 Sep, 2023Friday15 Sep, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,6000% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday1 Oct, 2023Friday6 Oct, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,6000% Interest Instalments
Frequently Asked Questions
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!
Good to Know
- Pound SterlingEngland and Scotland
- Plugs & Adapters
As a traveller from USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa you will need an adaptor for type G.
- Type GScotland and England
- Unfortunately we cannot offer you a visa application service. Whether you need a visa or not depends on your nationality and where you wish to travel. Assuming your home country does not have a visa agreement with the country you're planning to visit, you will need to apply for a visa in advance of your scheduled departure.
- Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Payment information
- For any tour departing before June 14th, 2023 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after June 14th, 2023, a minimum payment of 30% is required to confirm your booking with Explore!. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 75 days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Explore! will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- The following cards are accepted for "Explore!" tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Cancellation Policy
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Explore!. Please familiarise yourself with the Explore! payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- AccessibilitySome tours are not suitable for mobility-restricted traveller, however, some operators may be able to accommodate special requests. For any enquiries, you can contact our customer support team, who are ready and waiting to help you.
Keep Exploring Europe
- England Travel Guide | All You Need to Know
- Family Trip to Europe Itineraries (From 1 to 3 Weeks)
- 10 Best Hiking & Trekking Companies
- Hiking in Europe in February
- Hiking in Europe in January
- Hiking in Europe in May
- Your Guide to Planning a Private Hike 2023/2024
- Best Hiking Tours in The World 2023/2024
- Europe from Alnwick
- Europe Hiking & Trekking
- 6 days Europe
- Operators in Europe
- Walk Northumberland Tours in England
- Hiking & Trekking Tours
- England Tours
- Europe Tours
- Hiking & Trekking Tours
- Group Tours
- Fully Guided Tours
- Explorer Tours
- England tours
- Scotland tours