Australian Led Kokoda
- Tour Operator:
- No Roads Expeditions
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 12 to 99
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
- Trek WWII battle terrain and river crossings
- Challenging 50-hour hike on Kokoda Track
- Visit Bomana War Cemetery
- Meet the descendents of “fuzzy wuzzy angels”
Ready-to-book adventures, personalized
Make your adventure more you
Enjoy a tour focused solely on your travel group
Access our Travel Experts’ insider knowledge
Travel within your own bubble
- Day 1 ITINERARY
- Day 1 Arrive Port Moresby.
- Day 2 Fly to Popondetta and drive to Kokoda for start of trek. Trek to Deniki
- Day 4 Deniki to Alola via Isurava Battlefield. Visit Con's Rock along the way
- Day 5 Alola to Templeton's Crossing One (Dump 1). Visit Japanese artillery placement and many foxholes
- Day 6 Templeton's Crossing One to Kagi via Kagi Gap or Myola. Visit one of the last Fuzzy Wuzzy Angles today
- Day 6 Rest in the village on the Sabbath.
- Day 8 Kagi to Menari via Brigade Hill
- Day 9 Menari to Nauro
- Day 10 Nauro to Vuale Creek. Today we will pass through Iorabawa and Ofi Creek.
- Day 11 Vuale Creek to Owers Corner. Then on to Port Moresby. Visit Bomana War Cemetry along the way.
- Day 11 Port Moresby to Home or onto another PNG destination.
- Additional Services
- Optional Extras
Where You'll Stay
Operated by No Roads Expeditions
There are literally hundreds of travel companies on the internet these days. The net allows small companies to have a presence on the web, and for them to compete with large multinational companies. This is great news for them and consumers. Unfortunately, while many of these small companies look great, their services and what they claim they can do for you do not always add up. For many of us, we work hard all year to get away for 2 or 3 weeks. That annual adventure centres our lives, puts life back into perspective and allows us time for just ourselves. It is a vital part of our existence and a time that should not be wasted. That is why it is important to choose the right adventure company, a company that will fulfil your wishes in a conscientious way, so that you can return home rejuvenated, enriched by the experience knowing you have helped yourself and hopefully someone else along the way. No Roads Expeditions is dedicated to achieving these goals for you. The following are some of the reasons why you should choose No Roads expeditions as your operator on your next adventure.Read more
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- WEWilliam· July 22nd, 2019Hard work ,rewarding thought provoking ,great history lessons great respect to those who’s foot steps we were following great bunch of fellow treckers and carnt speak highly enough of the local guides.kind gentle helpful and to top it of the most... Show moreTrip date: July 2019
- CaylanSiddell· October 28th, 2018This is my 3rd Kokoda trek within 10 years with No Roads and my 7th adventure holiday with them. I chose the Fast Trek Aus Led tour this time due to time constraints and also because I wanted to challenge myself that bit harder. So why do I keep... Show moreNo Roads Expeditions commented on this reviewThanks Caylan great to trek with you,Trip date: October 2018
- CaylanSiddell· October 28th, 2018This was my third Kokoda trek with No Roads and my 7th adventure holiday in total with them. Why do I keep coming back? Simply - their tours are organised, professionally run and challenging. This time I completed the fast trek Aus Led tour - 7... Show moreTrip date: October 2018
- SSandraLicciardo· October 27th, 2018My son and l just finished our Kokoda Trek with No Roads , what an amazing experience. We were so fortunate to share our trek with Kaelene an inspirational young man and our guide Peter Miller who was so knowledgeable and a great support to us all. No... Show moreTrip date: October 2018
- JJacquelineTaylor· October 1st, 2018The tour was the perfect mix of culture, adventure and luxury. A small group meant minimal waiting time and maximum fun. 2 guides one local and one Australian created a great vibe within the group mixing SriLanka and Australian cultures I would... Show moreNo Roads Expeditions commented on this reviewThanks so much Jacqueline Stewart is a great Chaperone and we hope Sri Lanka was everything you hoped it would be.Trip date: August 2018
- AAlexandraMeyers· September 20th, 2018What a fabulous holiday. I had heard very good things about Sri Lanka and it exceeded my expectations. Our tour was well thought out and planned by Stewart and our local guide Amila. We were kept well informed and entertained as we travelled through... Show moreTrip date: August 2018
- GGregMeyers· September 20th, 2018We were eagerly looking forward to this trip and the actual experience exceeded our expectations. The itinerary was well planned and paced. Stewart and the local tour guides were first class. They worked tirelessly to ensure the group experienced to the... Show moreTrip date: August 2018
- CCherylOHanlon· June 23rd, 2018Just finished trekking Kokoda last Wednesday An exceptional experience superbly led by Robyn and her group of Porters . Would recommend the trip to everyone young and old. Every attention to our care, meals , health, wellbeing and fitness was first... Show moreNo Roads Expeditions commented on this reviewThanks so much Cheryl we really appreciate your time to let others know you had a great trip. Thanks again and I will let Robyn know of your mmessage.Trip date: June 2018
- KRKerri· August 17th, 2016I recently trekked Kokoda with my daughter and a friend. After a lot of research I decided to go with No Roads. It turned out to be a very smart decision. Their advice in preparing for the trek was outstanding and as this was my 1st trek I was very... Show moreTrip date: July 2016
- LLisa· April 27th, 2015No Roads made everything easy and the experience memorable. Our guide Justin had exceptional knowledge and made the trek very fun ad informative. No Roads are an exceptional company and highly ethical in how they support and give back to the local... Show moreTrip date: October 2014
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why should I choose TourRadar?
There are many other benefits to booking through Tourradar as well- We will beat any operator price being offered- so saving money is the first benefit! Also, TourRadar adds cash credits to your account after confirming your booking with us. You can use this rewards credit towards your next eligible tour booking. The reward credit is displayed on the tour booking page and of course you can combine these with any valid operator discounts too. TourRadar credits do not expire. It all adds up.
TourRadar charges no booking fees, hidden credit card fees, change fees or cancellation fees. Tour operators and travel agents sometimes add change or cancellation fees. We will always be upfront about this and never add booking fees or surcharges.
Good to Know
- KinaPapua New Guinea
- Plugs & Adapters
As a traveller from USA, Canada, England, South Africa you will need an adaptor for type I.
- Type IPapua New Guinea
- These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Typhoid - Recommended for Papua New Guinea. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A - Recommended for Papua New Guinea. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Cholera - Recommended for Papua New Guinea. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Tuberculosis - Recommended for Papua New Guinea. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B - Recommended for Papua New Guinea. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Rabies - Recommended for Papua New Guinea. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever - Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Papua New Guinea. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis - Recommended for Papua New Guinea. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Unfortunately we cannot offer you a visa application service. Whether you need a visa or not depends on your nationality and where you wish to travel. Assuming your home country does not have a visa agreement with the country you're planning to visit, you will need to apply for a visa in advance of your scheduled departure.
- Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Payment information
- For any tour departing before July 29th, 2023 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after July 29th, 2023, a minimum payment of 20% is required to confirm your booking with No Roads Expeditions. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 60 days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and No Roads Expeditions will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- The following cards are accepted for "No Roads Expeditions" tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Cancellation Policy
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of No Roads Expeditions. Please familiarise yourself with the No Roads Expeditions payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- AccessibilitySome tours are not suitable for mobility-restricted traveller, however, some operators may be able to accommodate special requests. For any enquiries, you can contact our customer support team, who are ready and waiting to help you.
Keep Exploring Papua New Guinea
- 10 Best Hiking & Trekking Companies
- Your Guide to Planning a Private Hike 2023/2024
- Best Hiking Tours in The World 2023/2024
- Papua New Guinea from Port Moresby
- Papua new guinea Hiking & Trekking
- Small group tour
- 11 days Papua new guinea
- Operators in Australia/Oceania
- Australian Led Kokoda Tours in Papua New Guinea
- Hiking & Trekking Tours
- Papua New Guinea Tours
- Australia/Oceania Tours
- Hiking & Trekking Tours
- Active Adventure Tours
- Private Tours
- Group Tours
- Partially Guided Tours
- In-depth Cultural Tours
- Papua New Guinea tours