Walking Romania - Transylvanian Alps Trek
- Tour Operator:
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 14 to 85
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
Pay over time
Pay over time
TourRadar makes your next trip easier to book by letting you pay over time without any interest or extra fees.
Divide your payments
Pay smaller amounts every two weeks until your departure.
No interest or extra fees
You don't pay any interest or extra fees.
For select departures only
Check Dates & Availability to see which departures offer our instalment option.
- Trek through the heart of the Transylvanian Alp
- Explore medieval towns and impressive castles
- Wander through the home of Dracula's at Bran Castle
- Discover the beautiful UNESCO town of Sighisoara
- Fall in love with 'the Paris of the East' at Bucharest
Travel, Your Way
Good reasons for travelling privately:
Personalise your trip
Make changes to the itinerary, accommodation, or transport method
Increased safety during COVID
Spend the majority of time amongst your group to reduce exposure to others
Travel more exclusively
Your tour guide can focus all their attention on your group
Travel for a special occasion
Celebrate an important event by only travelling with your friends or family
- Day 1: Join trip at Bucharest Airport; drive to Sinaia
- Day 2: Visit Peles Castle, cable car to Bucegi Plateau. Hike through the Bucegi mountains to the Omu Mountian Hut
- Day 3: Walk from Omu Hut descending through the Bran Valley to Moeicu
- Day 4: Visit Bran Castle (optional); walk towards the Piatra Craiului Mountains
- Day 5: Piatra Craiului Ridge walk
- Day 6: Walk from Curmatura Hut through the Zarnesti Gorge to Moeciu
- Day 7: Drive to Bucharest to explore the capital
- Day 8: Trip ends in Bucharest
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- ARebecca· December 23rd, 2019It would be better to put the bran castle trip to the last day en route to Bucharest as it was a long day of walking after the trip on day 3Explore! commented on this reviewMany thanks for your review and feedback on the itinerary - going into Bran castle is an optional visit which we will look at how best can fit into future itineraries.Trip date: May 2019Review collected by Explore!
- APatrick· December 23rd, 2019The walks were slightly more difficult than I was expecting and I would grade the holiday Challenging / Moderate, not the other way around.Explore! commented on this reviewThank you for your review and feedback on the walking grade - this is something that is reviewed bi-annually.Trip date: May 2019Review collected by Explore!
- Hharrybaker· September 18th, 2019This is a well paced hike for intermediate walkers with amazing high views and valleysExplore! commented on this reviewThanks for your review. Glad you had a great trip!Trip date: September 2019
- RrhianJones· June 3rd, 2019excellent guide and beautiful walking with great views, bogdan was great made sure that all was looked after. the only negative i had was my diet requirement. i'm travelling with you again in September this year and i need my diet requirements passed... Show moreExplore! commented on this reviewThanks for your review and feedback.Trip date: May 2019
- Alexandra· May 26th, 2019First time to Romania and this trek’s itinerary showed us some very beautiful parts of the country - just stunning. The trekking certainly was very challenging in parts but with such a fantastic guide in Bogdan he made it all possible, and fun. He... Show moreExplore! commented on this reviewThanks for your review and praise for Bogdan. Hope to travel with you in the future.Trip date: May 2019
- AClaris· May 17th, 2019Thank you Tudor and Razvan for a fantastic trek. The time spent at the Curmatura Hut and the walks from there will live long in the memory!Explore! commented on this reviewThanks for your review.Trip date: September 2018Review collected by Explore!
- AStephen· May 17th, 2019Overall a very good trip. Peles Castle was not great - it's not a castle even - just a house. Omu hut potentially very nice but appalling overcrowding, heat and toilets.Explore! commented on this reviewThanks for your feedback and review!Trip date: May 2018Review collected by Explore!
- AAndrew· May 17th, 2019Great first trip with Explore. My only criticism was the lack of food for the intensity of the trekking but will remember to take my own additional snacks next time!Explore! commented on this reviewThanks for your feedback and review.Trip date: May 2018Review collected by Explore!
- ARosemary· May 17th, 2019Your guide Razvan was also on the trip and he was also brilliant The guides really were the icing on the cake of a fantastic tripExplore! commented on this reviewThanks for your feedback and review.Trip date: September 2018Review collected by Explore!
- AMelissa· May 17th, 2019An amazing trip in such a beautiful part of the world. My sister and I both loved it!Explore! commented on this reviewThanks for your great review!Trip date: May 2018Review collected by Explore!
Dates & Availability
Book With Flexibility
You're not locked in! Make changes to your dates or switch tours. Learn More
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday7 Aug, 2021EnglishSaturday14 Aug, 2021Multiple Room Types$1,250Book With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday4 Sep, 2021EnglishSaturday11 Sep, 2021Multiple Room Types$1,2500% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday25 Sep, 2021EnglishSaturday2 Oct, 2021Multiple Room Types$1,2500% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday28 May, 2022EnglishSaturday4 Jun, 2022Multiple Room Types$1,2800% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday9 Jul, 2022EnglishSaturday16 Jul, 2022Multiple Room Types$1,2800% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday6 Aug, 2022EnglishSaturday13 Aug, 2022Multiple Room Types$1,2800% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday3 Sep, 2022EnglishSaturday10 Sep, 2022Multiple Room Types$1,2800% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday24 Sep, 2022EnglishSaturday1 Oct, 2022Multiple Room Types$1,2800% Interest Instalments
Frequently Asked Questions
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!
Good to Know
- Plugs & Adapters
- Payment information
- Cancellation Policy
- Discover TourRadar
Keep Exploring Romania
- 10 Best Backpacking Tours Europe 2021
- Best 4 week Europe Itineraries [Train, Cruises & More]
- 10 Best Hiking & Trekking Companies (with Reviews)
- Hiking in Europe in February
- Hiking in Europe in January
- Hiking in Europe in May
- Your Guide to Planning a Private Hike 2021 | TourRadar
- Romania from Bucharest
- Romania Hiking & Trekking
- 8 days Romania
- Operators in Europe
- Hiking & Trekking tours
- Carpathian Mountains tours
- Romania tours
- Europe tours
- Carpathian Mountains