Start planning your tour
Places You’ll See
- Mai Chau
- Ninh Binh City
- Halong Bay
- Bai Chay
- Hoi An
- Da Nang City
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Cu Chi Tunnels
- Wander through the bustling narrow streets of Hanoi
- Go sea kayaking in a breathtaking limestone landscape
- Try your hand at making a kite and a martial arts lesson
- Navigate the Mekong Delta by bike and boat
- Cycle through rice terraces and villages of stilt houses
- Day 1: Join trip in Hanoi.
- Day 2: Hanoi. Watch locals take lakeside yoga classes, explore night markets.
- Day 3: Scenic drive to Mai Chau, bike through paddy fields past tranquil traditional villages.
- Day 4: Drive to Xam Khoe Village, home to Thai ethnic minority, home cooked lunch with a local family.
- Day 5: Continue to Ninh Binh, likened to an inland Halong Bay.
- Day 6: Bike ride through paddy fields to visit Dong Tam Village. Afternoon boat trip to explore cave complex.
- Day 7: Morning drive to Ha Long Bay. Overnight cruise on a traditional junk boat, visit fishing village, sea kayaking.
- Day 8: Witness sunrise over Halong Bay. Visit Thien Canh Son caves. Return to Hanoi to take the Reunification Express overnight train to Hue.
- Day 9: Travel to the Tu Duc Royal Tombs. Try kite making (and flying!) and visit the Imperial Palace.
- Day 10: Hoi An. Martial arts lesson. Make traditional wood paintings, cruise on the Perfume River.
- Day 11: Free day in Hoi An, opportunity to spend the day on the beach.
- Day 12: Fly to Ho Chi Minh City. Explore the old quarter in cyclos (cycle carriages with a seat).
- Day 13: Discover the Cu Chi Tunnels which the Viet Cong used as a hideout during the Vietnam War.
- Day 14: Drive to the Mekong Delta, overnight homestay, explore villages by bike.
- Day 15: Morning cruise on the Mekong Delta. Drive back to Ho Chi Minh City where the trip ends.
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- GGordonSeptember 02, 2019Don't go to Phu Coc in August Basicalli it us shut down !!!Trip date: August 2019
- KKaresaundersSeptember 01, 2019Full on tour seeing the diversity of the country and touching on some of the history. Good mix of adult and children’s activities suggested age in my opinion from 12+ yrs. Would always take up option of extra days at the end of the tour however would... Show moreTrip date: August 2019
- ALisaMay 17, 2019had to pay to extend room in Phu Quoc Itinery is great, suggestions would be to change the Halong Bay experience, it was very touristy and out of kilter with the rest of the trip, dont do a cyclo trip in Ho Chi Min - Hanoi much better; in Ho Chi Min... Show moreTrip date: July 2018Review collected by Explore!
- AMarionMay 17, 2019This is our fourth Explore family holiday and lived up to expectationsTrip date: July 2018Review collected by Explore!
Family Vietnam In Depth
From Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City
No credit cards fees
Select a departure month
Select The Travel Month
- SaturdayApr 4, 2020SaturdayApr 18, 2020Sharing a twin room$2,130
- SaturdayJul 4, 2020SaturdayJul 18, 2020Sharing a twin room$2,130
- SaturdayJul 25, 2020SaturdayAug 8, 2020Sharing a twin room$2,130
- SaturdayAug 1, 2020SaturdayAug 15, 2020Sharing a twin room$2,130
- SaturdayAug 8, 2020SaturdayAug 22, 2020Sharing a twin room$2,130
- Do I need a visa for this tour?
- Is travel insurance recommended?
- Is there a guide?
- Are meals included?
- Is transport included?
Good to Know
- About the country
- Payment information
- Cancellation Policy
- Discover TourRadar