Mongolia: Steppes, Deserts & Nomads
- Tour Operator:
- Exodus Travels
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 18 to 99
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
Ready-to-book adventures, personalized
Make your adventure more you
Enjoy a tour focused solely on your travel group
Access our Travel Experts’ insider knowledge
Travel within your own bubble
- Day 1 Start Ulaan Baatar.
- Day 2 To Khustain Nuruu N.P.; trek to see Przewalski's horses; overnight in ger camp. (breakfast,lunch,dinner)
- Day 3 Drive to Little Gobi Desert; visit Khogno Khan Mountain; opportunity for bird and wildlife watching. (breakfast,lunch,dinner)
- Day 4 To Karakorum; visit Erdene Zuu Monastery. (breakfast,lunch,dinner)
- Day 5 Morning visit to monastery; along northern edge of Gobi Desert to Arvaikheer via Shankh Monastery. (breakfast,lunch,dinner)
- Day 6 To Bayan Gobi via Mt Ikh Bogd. (breakfast,lunch,dinner)
- Day 7 See rock paintings; explore region of Bayan Gobi (breakfast,lunch,dinner)
- Day 8 Visit 'singing' sand dunes, the largest dunes in Mongolia. (breakfast,lunch,dinner)
- Day 9 Travel through rocky plains of Gobi Gurvansaikhan N.P. (breakfast,lunch,dinner)
- Day 10 Hiking around the 'Flaming Cliffs' of Bayanzag. (breakfast,lunch,dinner)
- Day 11 Fly to Ulaan Baatar; on to Terelj National Park. (breakfast,lunch,dinner)
- Day 12 Terelj National Park; Genghis statue; Ulaan Baatar (breakfast,lunch,dinner)
- Day 13 End Ulaan Baatar. (breakfast)
- Additional Services
Operated by Exodus Travels
For almost 50 years Exodus has been a pioneer of active small group adventure tourism that gives back to the communities they visit through sustainable guided and self-guided tours, ranging from Responsible Wildlife to Walking and Trekking, Cycling, Cultural, Family and Polar adventures to 90+ countries worldwide. Winner of the 2021 National Geographic Reader Awards for The Operator, 2021 Conde Nast Traveller Readers’ Choice Awards, 2021 USA Today Awards, 2020 British Travel Awards and 2019 National Geographic Traveller Reader Awards they have a vast range of trips across seven continents. Their award-winning local guides have hosted over 250,000+ travellers on adventures across the globe. Whether it is solo travellers, couples, groups or families, Exodus offers an incredible choice of trips for all ages and activity levels. Operating in 90+ countries with 500+ tours, Exodus insists on low impact tourism and contributing to local communities through their registered non-profit The Exodus Travels Foundation. Exodus understands the importance of regenerative travel, now more than ever. Their recent Rewilding initiative guarantees that for every person who travels with them, they rewild 100 sq metres. Exodus is dedicated to creating incredible adventures that are run responsibly, so as the world reopens, travellers can continue to book and travel with confidence. Do we also care about the communities and environments we go to visit? Exodus has always been and will always be a responsible tour operator. It is in our DNA to work hard to look after what we so prize. We work closely with all our overseas partners to run our tours in the best possible ways, we train our leaders, we actively seek out specific projects so that we can make a real practical difference on the ground. But please do not just take our word for it. We have won several awards and we ask you, our clients, to check what we do on the ground so that we can make improvements where needed. Why do we do all this? Quite simply we love the places we go and we love sharing those great experiences with like minded people.Read more
Reduce Carbon Emissions
- Overall RatingExcellent
- JMJanine· September 26th, 2018Mongolia is a wonderful country with dramatic landscape in their remoteness yet full of variety. It was a real adventure! Snow came early causing some changes in transport but handled gracefully and well by both staff and group. The people we were lucky... Show moreTrip date: September 2018
Dates & Availability
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- Get Instant ConfirmationThursday29 Jun, 2023Tuesday11 Jul, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$5,599
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday9 Jul, 2023Friday21 Jul, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$5,599
- Get Instant ConfirmationTuesday15 Aug, 2023Sunday27 Aug, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$4,7990% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationTuesday5 Sep, 2023Sunday17 Sep, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$4,7990% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday17 Sep, 2023Friday29 Sep, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$6,8790% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday30 Jun, 2024Friday12 Jul, 2024EnglishMultiple Room Types$5,7790% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationTuesday9 Jul, 2024Sunday21 Jul, 2024EnglishMultiple Room Types$5,7790% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationTuesday13 Aug, 2024Sunday25 Aug, 2024EnglishMultiple Room Types$4,9790% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationTuesday3 Sep, 2024Sunday15 Sep, 2024EnglishMultiple Room Types$4,9790% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday22 Sep, 2024Friday4 Oct, 2024EnglishMultiple Room Types$7,0490% Interest Instalments
Frequently Asked Questions
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!
Good to Know
- Plugs & Adapters
As a traveller from USA, Canada, England, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa you will need an adaptor for types C, E, F.
- Type CMongolia
- Type EMongolia
- Type FMongolia
- These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Typhoid - Recommended for Mongolia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A - Recommended for Mongolia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Tuberculosis - Recommended for Mongolia. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B - Recommended for Mongolia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Rabies - Recommended for Mongolia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis - Recommended for Mongolia. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Unfortunately we cannot offer you a visa application service. Whether you need a visa or not depends on your nationality and where you wish to travel. Assuming your home country does not have a visa agreement with the country you're planning to visit, you will need to apply for a visa in advance of your scheduled departure.
- Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Payment information
- For any tour departing before July 1st, 2023 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after July 1st, 2023, a minimum payment of 25% is required to confirm your booking with Exodus Travels. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 90 days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Exodus Travels will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- The following cards are accepted for "Exodus Travels" tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Cancellation Policy
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Exodus Travels. Please familiarise yourself with the Exodus Travels payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- AccessibilitySome tours are not suitable for mobility-restricted traveller, however, some operators may be able to accommodate special requests. For any enquiries, you can contact our customer support team, who are ready and waiting to help you.
Keep Exploring Mongolia
- 10 Best Cultural Travel Companies & Tour Operators
- 10 Best Cultural Experiences in The World 2023/2024
- Mongolia from Ulaanbaatar
- Mongolia In-depth Cultural
- 13 days Mongolia
- Operators in Asia
- Mongolia: Steppes, Deserts & Nomads Tours in Mongolia
- In-depth Cultural Tours
- Mongolia Tours
- Asia Tours
- In-depth Cultural Tours
- Active Adventure Tours
- Private Tours
- Group Tours
- Fully Guided Tours
- Mongolia tours