- Our saving
- US $ 731
- +2 Destinations
- Southern Thailand
- Koh Phangan
- Age Range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Visit Koh Phangan, home of the world-famous Full Moon Party
- Adventure travel on a budget
- Accompanied by a local expert guide
- Hand-picked budget accommodation
- Visit baby monkeys in Khao Sok Jungle Village
- Rather Poor
- KennyWritten on May 14, 20184.0 - GoodIt was a different country and the experience we wanted to have and the tour guides made it so much better. Trip wouldn’t have been this much memorable without them. Here is an example, on day 5th, when it was raining and no electricity in the hotel, the tour guide went door to door knocking asking everyone if they were okay. Service like this can’t be found anywhere. They were always there for us to recommend places to go to, where to get food from, how to be more careful at places. You can tell that their priority was just to make us happy and have the best time in Thailand. As the iterinary wise, we would have preferred to have Koh Pha-ngan first and then Phi phi as we all wanted to do a full moon party but we missed it by a day only! So that was only thing which sucked. Thailand trip will always be remembered.Show detailed ratingsUltimate Travel commented on this reviewThanks for your feedback Karan. Great to hear you loved exploring Thailand with us and our wonderful tour leaders! :)
- LRLaurelWritten on April 21, 20183.0 - AverageThe overall tour was great! My only complaints was that it said all transportation was included, but after doing the tours of the temples we had to pay for the tuk tuk back to the hotel. At the Shiralea hotel, the pool was nice and it was right next to a gorgeous beach but the bartenders were extremely rude. Dante was the worst and was very rude to pretty much everyone. I would definitely recommend this tour to friends but I would tell them to go to a different bar besides the one located at the hotel.Show detailed ratingsUltimate Travel commented on this reviewHey Laurel - so great to hear that you loved your time in Thailand! Thank you for your feedback. We leave the time after the temples open for our travellers to do what they would like in the afternoon - explore the town, go shopping, see more temples - and therefore we don't organise a transfer back to our accommodation that day. We find this is best so you have the option to explore more of Bangkok rather than rushing back all at once. We appreciate your feedback and will look into making that clearer in the future. We're glad you loved the pool and the beach, but will follow up about bar staff that you mentioned! We're sorry you had that experience. Thanks again, and we hope to see you on another Ultimate tour really soon!
- StephWritten on April 11, 20184.0 - GoodOverall the tour was good. Our guide Patrick was amazing! Being Thai he knew so much and was able to give a lot more information than expected. He was helpful and answered any questions asked. Couldn't rate him any higher! We saw some great places and I had a lovely time with the group. Thailand is an amazing country and I felt safe the whole time I was there and the beaches are stunning. The negatives of the trip: Quite a few activities weren't included so make sure you have extra spending money otherwise you'll spend a lot of time not doing anything. Only the first evenings meal is included in the price and this is set at a set price per person, breakfast isn't included at any of the hotels. Accommodation wise, it was a bit hit and miss. The first hotel isn't great, whilst it is in a good location, it's noisy and not really clean. You can get a lot better hotels for the same price as what that one costs in the same area. The next few hotels were great, but again the last one wasn't so great! It was a hostel where you slept in a dorm room with 8 people unless you paid to upgrade at which point you got a tiny cabin with no aircon. I had found out about the dorm rooms before I left so upgraded in advance, however, Ultimate charged a crazy amount compared to if I'd upgraded directly at the hostel! I ended up with a tiny cabin with no air con, the sink was leaking and almost falling off the wall and paid £67 for the three nights (plus what ever I'd paid as part of the tour) where's with the hostel direct it's around £45 for the three nights! My main problem is with Ultimate and how much they charge for additional nights in accommodation or upgrading through out the trip. DO NOT do this in advance as they rip you off massively! Myself and a few of the others found this out. So if you want extra nights at the start or the end of the tour, book directly to save yourself a lot of money! If you want to upgrade, it's worth taking the risk of waiting until you get to the accommodation to upgrade so you don't get ripped off by Ultimate! I also found that as soon as they had your money, correspondence wasn't great. It took days for them to get back to you and even when they did not all questions were answered.Show detailed ratingsUltimate Travel commented on this reviewThanks Steph! Great to hear that you had such an amazing time on Ultimate Thailand with Patrick! It's also lovely to hear how safe you felt during the tour. Sorry to hear you didn't like some of the accommodation we stayed at - it's surprising to hear as we usually get a great response about our choice of accommodation, which we carefully handpick to offer the best experience and ensure you feel comfortable throughout. We will be taking your comments on board to ensure our high standards are maintained so we really appreciate your feedback. We offer private room upgrades as a convenient option for our travellers who would rather have their own space. Because this is organised in advance, which guarantees availability and for the convenience of having the booking made for you, our prices are slightly different to that of the hostel. However if you paid £67 that does seem too high and we will be investigating whether you may have been accidentally overcharged. Please look out for an email from our operations manager, Jess. Also, so sorry to hear you didn't feel the correspondence with our team was prompt enough before your trip. It's important to us to offer an exceptional standard of communication to all of our customers, so this is disappointing to hear. I see we emailed quite a few times before your trip but we do apologise that it took a few days to get back to you. Again so glad to hear you loved Thailand and we hope to see you again soon!
- MFMargheritaWritten on March 19, 20183.5 - GoodPatrick and Tanut were the best guides ever: helpful and prepared but funny and friendly too. The itinerary was good because we saw many different sides of thailand: a city, two islands, a lake, some villages. The negative side is that, in order to see lots of things in a short period of time, you have spend most of your time travelling. The transports were good though, so it wasn’t that bad. I’d suggest to go on a longer tour to appreciate more the country and spend more days in each layover. Another advice is not to drink too much at night when you have to leave the day after because with the hot weather it would be a terrible experience. The accommodations are fair considering the price you pay.Show detailed ratingsUltimate Travel commented on this reviewHey Margherita - we're glad you had a great time in Thailand! Thank you for your feedback. We try to fit in all the best parts of Thailand so our travellers get the Ultimate Thailand experience! You know where to find us if you're ever looking for another adventure :)
- JHJoleneWritten on February 10, 20184.5 - ExcellentThe most amazing trip in Thailand. Loads of culture fun and sun. Nut and Ldar where amazing! Highly recommend this trip with them you wont regret itShow detailed ratingsUltimate Travel commented on this reviewHey Jolene - we're really glad you enjoyed Thailand so much and had fun with our awesome guides! You know where to find us if you're ever planning another adventure :)
- AnthonyWritten on February 5, 20185.0 - ExcellentOur guides, Nut and Tur, were awesome and the whole group was great. Memories to last a lifetime, highly recommend!Show detailed ratingsUltimate Travel commented on this reviewHey Anthony - thank you for your kind words! We are really glad that you had a great time and made some great memories! Let us know if you ever need help planning another adventure :) Thanks!
- KirstyWritten on January 1, 20184.5 - ExcellentTour is cheap and good, loads of free time to be able to hang out and do/see what ever you want. Tour guides Nina and Nut are really good, learned a lot on the culture and they brought us always to the best parties. Accommodation is ok, not always the best but goes with the price you pay. All locations you go to are great!! Only point is a bit too much time in Koh Pha Ngan. Other than that, I had a great time. I do recommend the tour :)Show detailed ratingsUltimate Travel commented on this reviewHey Kirsty - thank you for your kind review :) We're really glad you enjoyed the tour and the balance of activities and free time. Thanks for you feedback about time in Koh Pha Ngan - we will take this into account when we look into the tour! You know where to find us if you're ever looking for another adventure!
- JBJosephWritten on December 7, 20174.5 - ExcellentExillent service, friendly, it was from everything - culture, night life, the beauty of islands, parties ,sports, games.The exillent guieds Nut and Tur !!! and of course great mood and energyShow detailed ratingsUltimate Travel commented on this reviewThank you for your kind words Joseph - we are really glad you enjoyed the tour so much! We look forward to seeing you on another Ultimate adventure soon!
- JTJoannaWritten on July 25, 20174.5 - ExcellentI just recently went on a tour with Ultimate Thailand and our tour guides Tanut Rattanamalakarnka 'Nut' and he made my experience so amazing. He explained everything that was happening and made sure that everything went smoothly - even when a few members got sick and had to go hospital he made sure everyone got to where they had to be and handled it very calmly. He was so sweet and considerate of everyone's needs and made sure everyone was having a good time. He is by far the best tour guide I've ever had and I'm so glad we had him!!Show detailed ratings
- RFRosemaryWritten on May 22, 20163.5 - GoodThailand is wonderful, we went to some beautiful places, the best was Kao Sok as it was the only place I felt we couldn't do on our own. Bangkok wasn't a good start to the tour compared to the other places, the temples were beautiful though! Accomodation was good, mostly AC. Tour guides were alright, they were good at organising but we felt like a bunch of school kids at times, I would have been happier if they let us take a second to enjoy certain amazing moments, such as releasing lanterns on the beach or our first boat rides, instead of rushing us to get things over with, it takes away the magic (obviously when there is time to do so). The thai food was not good if you are a vegetarian as everything has some type of fish, meat or fish oil in it,but thats thailand for you! People on the tour were a great mix of ages and nationalities, mainly british though, I met some great friends! Lots of things aren't included and there is a lot of drinking almost every night which is hard to keep up with, especially as there is a lot of travelling involved! The tour guides were big drinkers as well... The tour overall was a great experience, we did lots but I don't think I would do it again...Show detailed ratingsUltimate Travel commented on this reviewHi Rose, Thanks a lot for your feedback! There are more glamorous places than Bangkok for sure, but it being the main international airport, logistically we can't skip it and it has a lot to offer culturally as you said yourself. Depending on what type of vegetarian you are it can be a little harder to indulge without much worry of eating something you wouldn't want to. Regarding the other comments you made it's something we don't hear usually, so we'd like to get some more specifics. We just sent you a personal message. Glad to hear that overall you had a great time and met some awesome friends though! :)
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Day 1 Bangkok
Start point Rambuttri House, 323 Soi Ram Butri, Khwaeng Talat Yot, Khet Phra Nakhon, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10200, Thailand 18:00
- Day 2 Bangkok Tour
- Day 3 Overnight Train
- Day 4 Floating Raft Houses
- Day 5 Khao Sok Village
- Day 6 Koh Phi Phi
- Day 7 Maya Bay The Beach
- Day 8 Koh Phangan
- Day 9 Koh Phangan
Day 10 Farewell Party
End point Shiralea Backpackers Resort, 58/18 Moo 8 Haad YaoKoh Phangan, 84280, Thailand
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- May 8, 2018
What are the optional excursions?
The optional excursion for this tour is:
Bangkok Floating Markets. Price: approx $20 to $40 paid in local currency
Please be aware that this is a guideline only and that prices are subject to change.
- May 8, 2018
What is the age range?
The age range of this tour is between 18 and 39 years old. Please be aware that children and young travellers below 18 years of age are not eligible to participate in this tour. The tour operator has advised that they sometimes accept guests aged around the early 40s, so please contact our customer support team if you are just above the age limit.
- May 8, 2018
Is there a hotel list available?
The tour operator has advised that they, unfortunately, do not have a hotel list available for this tour, as all accommodations are subject to change until 4-6 weeks before the departure date. After the booking is made you will be issued your final trip documents with your specific accommodation details. On this tour you will be staying in a mixture of resorts, bungalows, lodges and hotels - hopefully, this can give you a better idea of the kind of accommodation you can expect on tour.
Guides who have led this tour
- "I'm lucky enough to call Vietnam my home! I love to travel, meet new people and showing you what this..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Hamish13th March 2018
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- MondayJun 4, 2018from Bangkok11 DaysThursdayJun 14, 2018to Koh Phangan0 seats left$23USD $731Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- MondayJun 11, 2018from Bangkok11 DaysThursdayJun 21, 2018to Koh Phangan9 seats left$23USD $731
- MondayJun 18, 2018from Bangkok11 DaysThursdayJun 28, 2018to Koh Phangan10+ seats left$23USD $731
- MondayJun 25, 2018from Bangkok11 DaysThursdayJul 5, 2018to Koh Phangan10+ seats left$23USD $731
- MondayJul 2, 2018from Bangkok11 DaysThursdayJul 12, 2018to Koh Phangan8 seats left$23USD $731
- MondayJul 9, 2018from Bangkok11 DaysThursdayJul 19, 2018to Koh Phangan9 seats left$23USD $731
- MondayJul 16, 2018from Bangkok11 DaysThursdayJul 26, 2018to Koh Phangan10+ seats left$23USD $731
- MondayJul 23, 2018from Bangkok11 DaysThursdayAug 2, 2018to Koh Phangan10+ seats left$23USD $731
- MondayJul 30, 2018from Bangkok11 DaysThursdayAug 9, 2018to Koh Phangan10+ seats left$23USD $731
- MondayAug 6, 2018from Bangkok11 DaysThursdayAug 16, 2018to Koh Phangan8 seats left$23USD $731
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Thailand. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Bangkok is the starting point and Koh Phangan is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Ultimate Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 26 July 2018 the full payment of $731 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $731 for Ultimate Thailand, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Ultimate Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Ultimate Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Bangkok (Thailand)
- 575 km
- Khao Sok National Park (Thailand)
- 124 km
- Ko Phi Phi (Thailand)
- 258 km
- Koh Phangan (Thailand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $731 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 4,574 tours in Asia
- covered by 194 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Ultimate Thailand via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 14 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Ultimate Thailand