Eastern Europe Express
- Our saving
- US $ 1,297
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Bucharest
- Day 2: Veliko Tarnovo
- Day 3: Veliko Tarnovo
- Day 4: Plovdiv
- Day 5: Plovdiv
- Day 6: Bansko
- Day 7: Pirin Mountains / Gorno Draglishte
- Day 8: Rila / Sofia
- Day 9: Sofia
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- MikeWritten on May 12, 20195.0 - Excellent
best guide you can have...he cares about the people in his groupShow detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHey Mike, Thank you for your comments, I am so glad to hear that you value our Tour Leader. We strongly believe that having the right Tour Leader on the trip can turn your experience from a great one to an excellent one. I am so pleased that this has happened for you. Thanks, Intrepid Group
- AnithaWritten on May 7, 20165.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Had a wonderful trip. Highlights was the burgaria people. Home stay was great. Tour leader George avram was very helpful and very friendly. The group were fantastic. Had a pleasant trip.. thank you ☺
- CrystalWritten on August 10, 20155.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What time does the tour arrive on Day 7 in Istanbul?
This tour will arrive in Istanbul on Day 7 in late afternoon, at approximately 3 or 4 pm (of course this can vary slightly due to traffic).
What is the average age on this tour?
The general age range is 25-49 however Intrepid's appeal is diverse, which is why it is all about your shared attitude, not age.
If wanted to stay a few days longer would there be any accommodation available?
We can assist you with pre and post accommodation which is offered by the operator should you need it.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- David17th July 2019
Eastern Europe Express
- Upcoming departures
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- MondayAug 26, 2019from Bucharest9 DaysTuesdaySep 3, 2019to Sofia0 seats left$39USD $1,521
- MondaySep 2, 2019from Bucharest9 DaysTuesdaySep 10, 2019to Sofia0 seats left$39USD $1,521
- MondaySep 9, 2019from Bucharest9 DaysTuesdaySep 17, 2019to Sofia0 seats left$39USD $1,521
- MondaySep 16, 2019from Bucharest9 DaysTuesdaySep 24, 2019to SofiaOnly 1 seat left$39USD $1,521
- MondaySep 23, 2019from Bucharest9 DaysTuesdayOct 1, 2019to SofiaOnly 3 seats left$38USD $1,462
- MondaySep 30, 2019from Bucharest9 DaysTuesdayOct 8, 2019to SofiaOnly 1 seat left$34USD $1,331
- MondayOct 7, 2019from Bucharest9 DaysTuesdayOct 15, 2019to SofiaOnly 1 seat left$36USD $1,409
- MondayOct 14, 2019from Bucharest9 DaysTuesdayOct 22, 2019to Sofia4 seats left$34USD $1,321
- MondayApr 20, 2020from Bucharest9 DaysTuesdayApr 28, 2020to Sofia9 seats left$33USD $1,297Instant BookHold my
- MondayApr 27, 2020from Bucharest9 DaysTuesdayMay 5, 2020to Sofia10+ seats left$33USD $1,297Instant BookHold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Romania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Romania and Bulgaria. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Romania and Bulgaria. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Romania and Bulgaria. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Bucharest is the starting point and Sofia is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- For any tour departing before 20 October 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 20 October 2019, a minimum payment of $400 is required to confirm your booking with Intrepid Travel. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 60 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Intrepid Travel. Please familiarise yourself with the Intrepid Travel payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Bucharest (Romania)
- 156 km
- Veliko Tarnovo (Bulgaria)
- 126 km
- Plovdiv (Bulgaria)
- 110 km
- Bansko (Bulgaria)
- 13 km
- Gorno Draglishte (Bulgaria)
- 84 km
- Sofia (Bulgaria)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,297 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 11,723 tours in Europe
- covered by 573 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 3 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Eastern Europe Express
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers