Eastern Europe Express
- Our saving
- US $ 1,178
- Age range
- 15 to 99 year olds
- Hotel, Home-stay, Guesthouse
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus, Local Transport, Private Vehicle
- Rather Poor
- AnithaWritten on May 7, 20165.0 - ExcellentHad a wonderful trip. Highlights was the burgaria people. Home stay was great. Tour leader George avram was very helpful and very friendly. The group were fantastic. Had a pleasant trip.. thank you ☺Show detailed ratings
- CrystalWritten on August 10, 2015Show detailed ratings5.0 - Excellent
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Bucharest
- Day 2: Veliko Tarnovo
- Day 3: Veliko Tarnovo
- Day 4: Plovdiv
- Day 5: Plovdiv
- Day 6: Bansko
- Day 7: Pirin Mountains / Gorno Draglishte
- Day 8: Rila / Sofia
- Day 9: Sofia
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- February 1, 2017
What time does the tour arrive on Day 7 in Istanbul?
This tour will arrive in Istanbul on Day 7 in late afternoon, at approximately 3 or 4 pm (of course this can vary slightly due to traffic).
- July 18, 2016
What is the average age on this tour?
The general age range is 25-49 however Intrepid's appeal is diverse, which is why it is all about your shared attitude, not age.
- March 1, 2016
If wanted to stay a few days longer would there be any accommodation available?
We can assist you with pre and post accommodation which is offered by the operator should you need it.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Gemma, 31 years old7th April 2017
Eastern Europe Express
- Upcoming departures
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- MondayApr 30, 2018from Bucharest9 DaysTuesdayMay 8, 2018to SofiaOnly 1 seat leftUSD $1,255
- MondayMay 7, 2018from Bucharest9 DaysTuesdayMay 15, 2018to Sofia0 seats leftUSD $1,195Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- MondayMay 21, 2018from Bucharest9 DaysTuesdayMay 29, 2018to SofiaOnly 1 seat leftUSD $1,265
- MondayJun 4, 2018from Bucharest9 DaysTuesdayJun 12, 2018to SofiaOnly 2 seats leftUSD $1,265
- MondayJun 11, 2018from Bucharest9 DaysTuesdayJun 19, 2018to SofiaOnly 3 seats leftUSD $1,195
- MondayJun 18, 2018from Bucharest9 DaysTuesdayJun 26, 2018to SofiaOnly 2 seats leftUSD $1,315Book Now Hold my
- MondayJun 25, 2018from Bucharest9 DaysTuesdayJul 3, 2018to Sofia9 seats left$62$1,240-5%USD $1,178
- MondayJul 9, 2018from Bucharest9 DaysTuesdayJul 17, 2018to Sofia6 seats leftUSD $1,330
- MondayJul 23, 2018from Bucharest9 DaysTuesdayJul 31, 2018to Sofia10+ seats leftUSD $1,290
- MondayJul 30, 2018from Bucharest9 DaysTuesdayAug 7, 2018to Sofia6 seats leftUSD $1,290
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Romania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Romania and Bulgaria. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Romania and Bulgaria. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Romania and Bulgaria. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Bucharest is the starting point and Sofia is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 18 June 2018 the full payment of $1,178 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1178 for Eastern Europe Express, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Bucharest (Romania)
- 156 km
- Veliko Tarnovo (Bulgaria)
- 126 km
- Plovdiv (Bulgaria)
- 110 km
- Bansko (Bulgaria)
- 13 km
- Gorno Draglishte (Bulgaria)
- 84 km
- Sofia (Bulgaria)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,178 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,669 tours in Europe
- covered by 200 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 2 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Eastern Europe Express
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers