Eastern Europe Express
- Our saving
- US $ 1,282
- +4 Destinations
- Rhodope Mountains
- Rather Poor
- AnithaWritten on May 7, 20165.0 - ExcellentHad a wonderful trip. Highlights was the burgaria people. Home stay was great. Tour leader George avram was very helpful and very friendly. The group were fantastic. Had a pleasant trip.. thank you ☺Show detailed ratings
- CrystalWritten on August 10, 2015Show detailed ratings5.0 - Excellent
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Bucharest
- Day 2: Veliko Tarnovo
- Day 3: Veliko Tarnovo
- Day 4: Plovdiv
- Day 5: Plovdiv
- Day 6: Bansko
- Day 7: Pirin Mountains / Gorno Draglishte
- Day 8: Rila / Sofia
- Day 9: Sofia
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What time does the tour arrive on Day 7 in Istanbul?
This tour will arrive in Istanbul on Day 7 in late afternoon, at approximately 3 or 4 pm (of course this can vary slightly due to traffic).
What is the average age on this tour?
The general age range is 25-49 however Intrepid's appeal is diverse, which is why it is all about your shared attitude, not age.
If wanted to stay a few days longer would there be any accommodation available?
We can assist you with pre and post accommodation which is offered by the operator should you need it.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Gregory6th September 2018
Eastern Europe Express
- Upcoming departures
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- MondayApr 22, 2019from Bucharest9 DaysTuesdayApr 30, 2019to Sofia8 seats left$33USD $1,282
- MondayApr 29, 2019from Bucharest9 DaysTuesdayMay 7, 2019to Sofia4 seats left$34USD $1,306Book Now Hold my
- MondayMay 6, 2019from Bucharest9 DaysTuesdayMay 14, 2019to Sofia7 seats left$33USD $1,282
- MondayMay 13, 2019from Bucharest9 DaysTuesdayMay 21, 2019to Sofia10+ seats left$34USD $1,331
- MondayMay 20, 2019from Bucharest9 DaysTuesdayMay 28, 2019to Sofia10+ seats left$36USD $1,384
- MondayJun 3, 2019from Bucharest9 DaysTuesdayJun 11, 2019to Sofia10+ seats left$36USD $1,384
- MondayJun 10, 2019from Bucharest9 DaysTuesdayJun 18, 2019to Sofia10+ seats left$36USD $1,384
- MondayJun 17, 2019from Bucharest9 DaysTuesdayJun 25, 2019to Sofia6 seats left$34USD $1,331
- MondayJun 24, 2019from Bucharest9 DaysTuesdayJul 2, 2019to Sofia7 seats left$34USD $1,331
- MondayJul 8, 2019from Bucharest9 DaysTuesdayJul 16, 2019to Sofia9 seats left$33USD $1,282
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Romania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Romania and Bulgaria. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Romania and Bulgaria. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Romania and Bulgaria. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Bucharest is the starting point and Sofia is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 19 December 2018 the full payment of $1,282 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1282 for Eastern Europe Express, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Bucharest (Romania)
- 156 km
- Veliko Tarnovo (Bulgaria)
- 126 km
- Plovdiv (Bulgaria)
- 110 km
- Bansko (Bulgaria)
- 13 km
- Gorno Draglishte (Bulgaria)
- 84 km
- Sofia (Bulgaria)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,282 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,492 tours in Europe
- covered by 259 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 2 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Eastern Europe Express
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers