Highlights of Italy
- Ride a vaporetto around Venice
- Hike the villages of Cinque Terre
- See the famous statue of David
- Taste incredible Italian cuisine
- Age range
- 15 to 99 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Train & Rail
- Rather Poor
- AAnonymousWritten on March 20, 20184.5 - ExcellentExactly how I like with the itinerary, you’re able to visit most of the place’s must-see destinations and heaps of time to know the place more on your own.Show detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi, Thanks for sharing your experience (and lovely photo) with us, we’re delighted to hear that you had a great time in Italy. Hope to see you on another trip with us soon. Kind regards, Intrepid
- KathWritten on September 27, 20174.0 - GoodEnjoyed Highlights of Italy tour this August. Especially enjoyed Venice, with its spectacle of grand piazza's, canals and inviting shops of amazing masks and general festive atmosphere. Found our tour guide Inga, both engaging and professional with many tales of interest. Cinque Terra, was also very memorable with it's beautiful mountain top towns and vivid blue seascapes, walking the trail was unforgettable. With a great bunch of fellow travellers this was one of the most enjoyable tours i have booked. Only disappointment was arriving in Mestre to Hotel Mondail and the associated Hotel.açcross the road, this put a damper on the start of the trip, but fortunately the standard of hotels improved as we travelled throughout Italy. Overall fantastic trip.Show detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Kath, Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experiences with us! We are delighted to hear that you had such a great time in Italy - we must admit, it’s one of our favourite countries too! :) It’s great to receive feedback like this from our passengers and we’ll pass it along to our global team where it will be very much appreciated. And thanks as well for your comments regarding the hotel in Mestre – we’ll definitely take it into account when looking at this trip itinerary. Hope to see you on another trip with us soon! Kind regards, Intrepid
- CCaraWritten on April 22, 20164.5 - ExcellentAmazing trip through the highlights of Italy, saw all the places I wanted to. Had lots of freedom and free time to do what we wanted to do, didn't have to spend every second with the group which what I liked about it. Tour leader was amazing, in each location would give us maps, highlight places, how to get to spots, recommend things when we were not sure. Just really good trip through Italy, saw heaps, ate heaps, and made new friends!Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on January 23, 20115.0 - ExcellentExcellent trip as a result of Giuseppe\'s outstanding service and knowledge of his country
- AAnonymousWritten on October 26, 20105.0 - ExcellentThe Highlights of Italy trip was an amazing way to see the country. Our leader took us to some amazing restaurants, and we were free to explore or take part in suggested activities.
- AAnonymousWritten on October 25, 20105.0 - ExcellentI thought the trip was fantastic! It really helped my girlfriend and I to really get into the culture of the Italy and to go places we most likely would not have adventured with out the support of Kat and the group.
- AAnonymousWritten on October 24, 20105.0 - ExcellentI had a great time with the group and your guide in Italy!
- AAnonymousWritten on October 15, 20104.0 - GoodJenny is a great tour leader. Australians make the best travel companions. Accommodations although a basix trip are pretty bad especially in Cinque Terre and Rome.
- AAnonymousWritten on October 10, 20105.0 - ExcellentHad a fantastic time! Kat was very approachable and very accomodating. She was very organised and was able to lead the group very effectively. I was very impressed by her proffessionalism!
- AAnonymousWritten on October 9, 20105.0 - ExcellentThis was a really enjoyable trip, it was very well organised for both the accomodation and the transport. Giuseppe was fantastic, he took great care of us, did brilliant orientation walks/talks and was very knowledgable about the places we were seeing.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Venice
- Day 2: Venice
- Day 3: La Spezia
- Day 4: La Spezia / Cinque Terre
- Day 5: Florence
- Day 6: Florence
- Day 7: Rome
- Day 8: Rome
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Discover Italy
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Main Page Video
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Is there a hotel list available?
The accommodation on this trip will include:
Hotel (4 nights), Hostel (3 nights)
All accommodations are subject to change until 4-6 weeks before the departure date, therefore we are unable to provide a set hotel list. Your specific accommodation details will be listed in your final tour documents. Hopefully, this list will give you a better idea of what kind of accommodation you can expect while on tour.
Where and when does the tour end?
The tour ends in Rome on Day 8. There are no activities planned for this day and you are free to depart at any time after breakfast, or extend your stay and continue to explore the Italian capital with your new travel companions!
Where and when does this tour start?
Day 1 of the tour starts in Venice, when you check into your accommodation (Hotel Rossi) and meet the group for your evening Welcome Meeting. Aside from this your day is free to settle in and explore.
The joining point address is as follows:
Lista di Spagna 262
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Annie14th May 2018
Highlights of Italy
- Upcoming departures
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- SaturdayAug 25, 2018from Venice8 DaysSaturdaySep 1, 2018to RomeOnly 3 seats left$54USD $1,301
- SaturdaySep 1, 2018from Venice8 DaysSaturdaySep 8, 2018to RomeOnly 2 seats left$55USD $1,325
- SaturdaySep 8, 2018from Venice8 DaysSaturdaySep 15, 2018to Rome0 seats left$56USD $1,339
- SaturdaySep 15, 2018from Venice8 DaysSaturdaySep 22, 2018to Rome0 seats left$57USD $1,363
- SaturdaySep 22, 2018from Venice8 DaysSaturdaySep 29, 2018to RomeOnly 1 seat left$57USD $1,363
- SaturdaySep 29, 2018from Venice8 DaysSaturdayOct 6, 2018to Rome0 seats left$53USD $1,277
- SaturdayOct 6, 2018from Venice8 DaysSaturdayOct 13, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$52USD $1,238
- SaturdayOct 13, 2018from Venice8 DaysSaturdayOct 20, 2018to RomeOnly 2 seats left$51USD $1,224Book Now Hold my
- SaturdayApr 6, 2019from Venice8 DaysSaturdayApr 13, 2019to Rome10+ seats left$56USD $1,339Instant BookHold my
- SaturdayApr 13, 2019from Venice8 DaysSaturdayApr 20, 2019to Rome10+ seats left$56USD $1,339Instant BookHold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Venice is the starting point and Rome is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 16 October 2018 the full payment of $1,224 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1224 for Highlights of Italy, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Venice (Italy)
- 252 km
- Cinque Terra (Italy)
- 129 km
- Florence (Italy)
- 232 km
- Rome (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,224 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,984 tours in Europe
- covered by 255 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 2 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Highlights of Italy
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers