- Our saving
- US $ 2,940
- Stay in a Ger camp
- Visit an extinct Volcano
- Traditional Mongolian barbeque dinner
- Relax in Tsenkher Hot Springs
- Age range
- 15 to 99 year olds
- Hotel, Camping
- Max Group Size
- Private Vehicle
- Physical Rating
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Local Living
- Rather Poor
- KKathyLopezWritten on June 15, 20185.0 - ExcellentIntrepid's Wild Mongolia tour was above and beyond my expectations. Our guide TEM, our drivers and staff we met along the way did all they could to make our tour interesting, educational, adventurous, safe and lots of fun. Mongolia is so much more than I expected. I never felt like we we roughing it. Accommodations were unique, scenic and sufficient. The homestays were a challenge that bonded the group and the families. The activities gave us a variety of experiences. I highly recommend is you want a challenging, adventurous tour with not too much physical exertion.Show detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHI Kathy, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're delighted to hear that you had such a great time - Wild Mongolia sounds like quite the experience! Hope to see you on another trip with us again soon - where's your next adventure? Kind regards, Intrepid
- MMichaelWritten on April 21, 20164.5 - ExcellentIncredible tour from start to finish. The homestays were such a highlight. I could never have experienced that if I was travelling on my own. I met incredible travelers from all over the world that made the trip even more enjoyable. Such a perfect tour to really immerse yourself in the beauty of Mongolia.Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on September 14, 20105.0 - ExcellentGreat trip. Wonderful country. The wide open spaces were fantastic. No fences!!!Our two Mongolian drivers were superb-their driving skills along those \"roads\""was great. no problems. Our guide was very good too. Homestays were most interesting."
- AAnonymousWritten on September 11, 20105.0 - ExcellentA great trip! Just what I expected. Would highly recommend the trip to others who would like to travel with a small group and with a very competent guide, and see a wonderful country.
- AAnonymousWritten on September 5, 20105.0 - ExcellentOverall an excellent trip, and Byamba is an excellent guide. This trip took care of virtually all my travel needs-- including the many needs I didn\'t know I would have-- and was well worth the $2,030 price.
- AAnonymousWritten on August 25, 20105.0 - ExcellentLOVED THE TRIP! The guide and the drivers were excellent, very sweet and gracious. Had the best vacation of my like thanks to the Mongolian staff. Not to mention the incredible beauty of the countryside, flora & fauna.
- AAnonymousWritten on August 19, 20105.0 - ExcellentThe trip was extremely enjoyable and interesting. The selected destinations provided a good overview of the country The guide was friendly and knowledgeable, and the facilities provided were much better and more comfortable than I was expecting.
- AAnonymousWritten on August 16, 20104.0 - GoodWhat a fantastic trip - the scenery was amazing, the ger camps and furgon were super comfortable and the people are so friendly. Sansa our driver was brilliant, always had a smile on his face no matter how rough the roads got!
- AAnonymousWritten on August 12, 20103.0 - AverageCould have been better organised. eg at Nadaam we should have taken in lunch, rather than gone out for lunch.
- AAnonymousWritten on August 12, 20103.0 - AverageWas generally well organised. For the Nadaam part of the festival, it would be good in the future if the group takes a packed lunch, so they don\'t have to leave the festivities to go out for lunch.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Ulaanbaatar
- Day 2: Amarbayasgalant Monastery
- Day 3: Erdenet - Selenge River - Unit
- Day 4: Selenge River - Ikh Uul Family Ger Camp
- Day 5: Khovsgol Lake
- Day 6: Khovsgol Lake
- Day 7: Murun - Shine Ider Family Ger Camp
- Day 8: Terkhiin Tsagaan Lake
- Day 10: Tsetserleg - Tsenkher
- Day 11: Tsenkher
- Day 12: Karakorum - Khogno Khan
- Day 13: Khogno Khan
- Day 14: Ulaanbaatar
- Day 15: Ulaanbaatar
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Discover Mongolia
- Main Page Video
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Do you have a specific packing list for Wild Mongolia?
Intrepid provides a more in-depth list, but it is not specific to this tour you can see the details below:
"Our ultimate packing list should be used as a guide only and is not intended to be a complete packing list. Any other items that you wish to pack are at your own discretion; however, you should attempt to follow our suggested luggage weight limit of under 10kg/22lb. Some items on this list may not be necessary for your particular trip. What you bring will vary according to the trip style you’ve chosen, the countries you’re visiting and when you’re travelling. We recommend you check the details of your trip when deciding what to pack."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Marcia9th August 2018
- Upcoming departures
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- TuesdayMay 28, 2019from Ulaanbaatar15 DaysTuesdayJun 11, 2019to Ulaanbaatar8 seats left$75USD $2,940
- TuesdayJun 4, 2019from Ulaanbaatar15 DaysTuesdayJun 18, 2019to Ulaanbaatar10+ seats left$75USD $2,940
- TuesdayJun 11, 2019from Ulaanbaatar15 DaysTuesdayJun 25, 2019to Ulaanbaatar10+ seats left$75USD $2,940
- TuesdayJun 18, 2019from Ulaanbaatar15 DaysTuesdayJul 2, 2019to Ulaanbaatar10+ seats left$75USD $2,940
- MondayJul 1, 2019from Ulaanbaatar15 DaysMondayJul 15, 2019to Ulaanbaatar10+ seats left$75USD $2,940
- SaturdayJul 6, 2019from Ulaanbaatar15 DaysSaturdayJul 20, 2019to Ulaanbaatar10+ seats left$75USD $2,940
- SundayJul 14, 2019from Ulaanbaatar15 DaysSundayJul 28, 2019to Ulaanbaatar10+ seats left$75USD $2,940
- TuesdayJul 23, 2019from Ulaanbaatar15 DaysTuesdayAug 6, 2019to Ulaanbaatar10+ seats left$75USD $2,940
- TuesdayJul 30, 2019from Ulaanbaatar15 DaysTuesdayAug 13, 2019to Ulaanbaatar9 seats left$75USD $2,940
- TuesdayAug 6, 2019from Ulaanbaatar15 DaysTuesdayAug 20, 2019to Ulaanbaatar10+ seats left$75USD $2,940
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Mongolia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Mongolia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Mongolia. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Mongolia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Mongolia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Mongolia. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Start and end in Ulaanbaatar.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 15 December 2018 the full payment of $2,940 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2940 for Wild Mongolia, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Ulaanbaatar (Mongolia)
- 583 km
- Lake Khovsgol (Mongolia)
- 335 km
- Terkhiin Tsagaan Lake (Mongolia)
- 180 km
- Tsenkher (Mongolia)
- 98 km
- Karakorum (Mongolia)
- 175 km
- Khogno Khan Mountains (Mongolia)
- 487 km
- Ulaanbaatar (Mongolia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,940 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 6,038 tours in Asia
- covered by 311 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 2 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Wild Mongolia
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers