Start planning your tour
Start and end in Ulaanbaatar! With the bicycle tour Cycling in Mongolia - Naadam Festival Special Departure, you have a 17 day tour package taking you through Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia and 8 other destinations in Mongolia. Cycling in Mongolia - Naadam Festival Special Departure includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Day 1: Start Ulaan Baatar.
- Day 2: Morning sightseeing followed by a traditional Mongolian show; overnight train to Erdenet.
- Day 3: Ride to Tal Tolgoi Well via the small township of Bugat; camp.
- Day 4: Cross Tuluugiin Pass; camp.
- Day 5: Arhangai steppe ride through undulating country to open green valley below Mt. Khairkhan (1862m); camp.
- Day 6: Short climb to cross Kholboogin Pass (1649m) before descending to Khairkhan Lake camp.
- Day 7: Cycle up Khunjiin River Valley to camp beneath Mt. Chingeltei.
- Day 8: Short climb past the headwaters of the Khunjiin; descend into Tamir River Valley; camp near Great Rock of Ikh Tamir.
- Day 9: Half-day ride to Tsetserleg; capital of Arhangai, afternoon free.
- Day 10: Morning ride in foothills of the Khangai Mountains.
- Day 11: Cycle across undulating steppe to Mt. Ondor Khairkhan (2312m).
- Day 12: Ride the Khangai Mountain Range on good jeep tracks; descend to Orkhon River Valley.
- Day 13: Ride to Karakorum and Erdene Zuu Monastery; overnight in traditional ger camp.
- Day 14: Drive to Ulaan Baatar, visit sand dunes at Mongol Els; free afternoon.
- Days 15-16: Two days enjoying the Naadam Festival
- Day 17: End Ulaan Baatar.
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
Reviews About This Operator
- VilleSeptember 17, 201911 amazing crew for 12 travellers. Overall excellent. I did not expect the nights to be so cold. I should have brought one heating gel pad. Exodus rates it as a 4/10 physical level. I would rate it 6.
- JanineSeptember 26, 2018Mongolia is a wonderful country with dramatic landscape in their remoteness yet full of variety. It was a real adventure! Snow came early causing some changes in transport but handled gracefully and well by both staff and group. The people we were lucky... Show more
- SharonJanuary 09, 2020This trip was top notch! Ab, our local guide, was an amazing leader throughout the journey and made sure everyone was happy and taken care of. The cycling crew and bikes were perfect. They were well maintained and perfect for the terrain we covered.... Show more
Cycling in Mongolia - Naadam Festival Special Departure
From Ulaanbaatar to Ulaanbaatar
No credit card fees
Select a departure month
Select The Travel Month
- SaturdayJun 27, 2020MondayJul 13, 2020Get Instant ConfirmationSharing a twin roomHold space for 48h$4,349
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!
Good to Know
- About the country
- Payment information
- Cancellation Policy
- Discover TourRadar