Tour on this Ship
- 110 m / 361 ft
- Gross Tonnage
- 5000 gt
- 11 m / 36 ft
- Cruising Speed
- 15 kn / 28 kph / 17 mph
Boasting many of the same popular design elements of our Viking Longships, our new Elbe ships feature state-of-the art engineering, deluxe accommodations and streamlined Scandinavian interiors. The other classic, intimate ships feature deluxe accommodations and streamlined Scandinavian interiors. Their customized hulls and engines are specially built to navigate the historic Elbe river.
Classical mythology has its cupid. In Nordic culture, it’s Astrild who sets hearts afire. The delicate lilt of her name first caressed the ears of literature lovers in the 17th century, when Swedish poet Georg Stiernhielm introduced her to northern Europe in his writing. She remains a fabled figure who spreads love, passion and affection.
To get a sense of the beauty and love which Astrild inspires, one need only look to the estrildid finch. It’s fitting that this tiny bird from which Stiernhielm got Astrild’s name remains devoted to the same partner for life.
- 49 outside staterooms with river view (14 Standard Staterooms, 14 French Balcony Staterooms, 19 Veranda Staterooms, 2 Veranda Suites)
- All Upper Deck staterooms feature a full-size veranda or a French balcony
- Sun Deck with shaded sitting area & organic herb garden
- Aquavit Terrace, a revolutionary outdoor viewing area at the bow of the ship for al fresco dining
- Lounge & Bar with floor-to-ceiling glass doors
- Restaurant with panoramic views
- Library & onboard shop
- Free Wi-Fi (connection speed may vary)
- Laundry service
- 42" flat-screen TV with infotainment system featuring Movies On Demand, plus CNBC, CNN, National Geographic & more
Staterooms / Suites
- Suite with Veranda (AA) (250 ft²)
- Stateroom with Veranda (A, B) (180 ft²)
- Stateroom with French Balcony (C, D) (122 ft²)
- Standard Stateroom (E) (140 ft²)
- Ensuite Bathroom
- In-room phone
- Double bed
- Twin beds
- In-room safe
- Hair dryer
- Luxury bed linen
- Storage space
- Bottled water
- USB ports
- Maid service
- Entertainment system
- Welcome drink
- Power Outlets
Our main dining venue, the Restaurant offers gracious service, included wine and beer, and streamlined Scandinavian design. The menu includes regional cuisine and always available classics enhanced with locally sourced ingredients, so you can explore new cultures through food.
Revolutionary in concept and design, the Aquavit Terrace offers the most al fresco dining on Europe’s rivers. Get to know new friends over breakfast and lunch as you watch Europe’s picturesque riverscapes unfold before you in this relaxing, inviting space.
A Culinary Experience
Our highly trained chefs are passionate about food and committed to providing an enriching culinary experience. With flavors accented from our onboard herb garden and a wide selection of regional wines, you will find that with Viking, dining is part of the journey.