- 40 including a cruise director, dive instructor an
- 62.4 m / 205 ft
- 11.5 m / 38 ft
- Cruising Speed
- 12 kn
- 2 Caterpillars, encapsulated for noise reduction
- 2 Caterpillars. Tier 3 Emission compliant
- 1.5 m / 5 ft
Designed and built to become the most state-of-the-art river boat to sail the Amazon, Aqua Nera will present guests with a luxuriously-appointed interior inspired by her surroundings: the blackwater lagoons and tributaries of the Amazon river and Pacaya-Samiria National Reserve.
Aqua Nera’s 20 spacious river-facing suites will convey a welcoming and stylish sense of Amazonian tranquillity. Aqua Nera will also feature comprehensive amenities including an indoor lounge and bar, as well as a river-facing plunge pool and gym.
Aqua Expeditions’ partnership with award-winning Peruvian chef Pedro Miguel Schiaffino will continue on board the Aqua Nera. The vessel will offer 3-, 4- and 7-night itineraries on the Peruvian Amazon alongside the Aria Amazon river cruise ship.
- Sun Decks
- Indoor and outdoor bars
- Indoor dining room and outdoor private dining
- Screening room with theater-style seating
- Outdoor cinema under the stars
- Games room with pool table
- Outside shaded lounge with single and double day beds
- Antique and artisanal boutique
- Lobby lounge
- Observation deck with outdoor sunbeds
- Top deck gym overlooking the river
- Infirmary with onboard medical staff
- Outdoor top deck plunge pool with private cabanas
- Two spa treatment rooms, one single and one double
Staterooms / Suites
- Design Suite Second Deck (322 ft²)
- Design Suite First Deck (322 ft²)
- Ensuite Bathroom
- Large windows
- Double bed
- Twin beds
- In-room safe
- Hair dryer
- Storage space
- Lounge area
- iPod dock
Executive Chef Pedro Miguel Schiaffino’s Amazonia-inspired cuisine offers up plenty of reasons to take one’s eyes off the captivating landscapes showcased by the floor-to-ceiling windows which define this elegant space.
Designed to balance the stunning scenery, the refined interior of the Aria Amazon dining room has been stylishly finished with contemporary Peruvian art, fine china and crystal glassware. These aesthetic elements are matched by attentive, personalized service from long serving staff that quickly learn guest names and tastes, from Peruvian coffee in the morning to the evening’s fine South American and European wines.
Choose to dine à deux, or family style among new friends. Whatever dishes you choose among Schiaffino’s fresh, ever-changing modern Amazon jungle influenced menus, perhaps the hearts of palm soufflé followed by an Amazon bass tiradito, do save room for dessert, be it a warm banana tart or classic chocolate fondant.
Aqua Nera Tours
- Aqua Nera 3-Nights High Water (Iquitos to Nauta) November to May 4 daysStarts IquitosEnds Nauta$4,125
- Aqua Nera 3-Nights Low Water (Nauta to Nauta) June to October 4 daysStarts IquitosEnds Nauta$4,125
- Aqua Nera 4-Nights High Water (Nauta to Iquitos) November to May 5 daysStarts IquitosEnds IquitosSold Out
- Aqua Nera 4-Nights Low Water (Nauta to Nauta) June to October 5 daysStarts IquitosEnds Nauta$5,500
- Aqua Nera 7-Nights High Water (Iquitos to Iquitos) November to May 8 daysStarts IquitosEnds IquitosSold Out
- Aqua Nera 7-Nights Low Water (Nauta to Nauta) June to October 8 daysStarts NautaEnds Nauta$9,625