MS Expedition was built as a cRo-Pax vessel (ar and passenger ferry) in 1972 under the name "MS Kattegat" for the company Jydsk Færgefart. The vessel was subsequently operated under the name "NF Tiger" (by P&O Normandy Ferries), "Tiger" (by Townsend Thoresen) and "Alandsfarjan" (by VIKING LINE), prior to its 2008 conversion into a cruise ship. The vessel's hull is ice-strengthened and ice-classed 1B. Only two higher ice classes exist - 1A Super and 1A).
The ship has a forward-looking sonar that increases its safety by reducing the risk of grounding accidents or collisions with uncharted rocks and reefs. The vessel is also equipped with 4 covered lifeboats (capacity 220 people / all passengers and crew) and 6 liferafts (capacity 150 people).
- 360° Top Observation Deck
- All cabins with private ensuite and outside views
- Raised Forward Observation Deck
- Large fleet of Zodiacs with four stroke engines
- Complimentary Wellington Boots for duration of your cruise
- Complimentary destination guides for every passenger
- Large headed Mud Room
- Lonely Planet Library
- Discovery Lounge
- Fine dining – international cuisine in one sitting
- Large aft deck with barbeque facilities
- Polar Bear Pub
- Gift Shop
- Medical Clinic
- Computer Room with internet where available
- Category 2 cabin
- VMVanessaSpitsbergen, Greenland and Iceland - Expedition5.0 - ExcellentWritten on September 25th, 2019Explore! commented on this reviewThanks for your lovely review.
- RRichardStevensonSpitsbergen, Greenland and Iceland - Expedition5.0 - ExcellentWritten on September 20th, 2019Explore! commented on this reviewThanks for your review.
- BBelindaRealm of the Polar Bear - Expedition5.0 - ExcellentWritten on July 29th, 2019Explore! commented on this reviewThanks for your review. Glad you had a great trip!
- BBillChaffeRealm of the Polar Bear - Expedition4.5 - ExcellentWritten on July 27th, 2019Explore! commented on this reviewThanks for your review. Glad you had a great trip!
Staterooms / Suites
- Cabin (4) (320 ft²)
- Premier (4) (160 ft²)
- Superior (3) (160 ft²)
- with Porthole (1) (160 ft²)
- with Porthole (1) (160 ft²)
- Cabin (1) (160 ft²)
- Ensuite Bathroom
- Large windows
- Double bed
- Writing desk
- Lounge area
- Coffee table
MS Expedition Tours
- Antarctic Circle - Expedition 14 daysStarts UshuaiaEnds Ushuaia$11,070
- Classic Antarctica - Expedition 11 daysStarts UshuaiaEnds Ushuaia$7,240
- Realm of the Polar Bear - Expedition 8 daysStarts LongyearbyenEnds Longyearbyen$4,140
- Realm of the Polar Bear In Depth - Expedition 11 daysStarts LongyearbyenEnds Longyearbyen$5,760
- Spitsbergen, Greenland and Iceland - Expedition 15 daysStarts LongyearbyenEnds ReykjavikSold Out
- Antarctica In Depth - Expedition 13 daysStarts UshuaiaEnds Ushuaia$7,680
- King Penguins of the Falklands and South Georgia - Expedition 22 daysStarts MontevideoEnds Ushuaia$12,120
- Scotland, Norwegian Fjords & Spitsbergen - Expedition 15 daysStarts EdinburghEnds Longyearbyen$6,510
- Scottish Highlights and Norwegian Fjords - Expedition 13 daysStarts EdinburghEnds Tromso$5,330
- Scottish Highlights and Norwegian Fjords - Expedition (Reverse) 13 daysStarts TromsoEnds Edinburgh$5,180
- Scottish Highlights and Norwegian Fjords - Expedition (Extend) 16 daysStarts EdinburghEnds TromsoSold Out