Whether you’d call yourself a yogi or maybe you’re still discovering what works for you, coming together with a community of like-minded people can be an incredibly transformative experience. It’s no wonder that wellness-oriented trips are becoming more enticing than sipping cocktails poolside (but hey, to each their own).
For those of you looking to dedicate a weekend, or even a day, to enhance your well-being, 2018 is the year to do so. Diverse yoga festivals are happening around the world, celebrating the practice of yoga in their own unique ways.
Be it a scenic location, the liveliest of music, delicious health food or ancient yoga methods (or anything in between for that matter), you’ll be able to find the perfect festival for you.
To help you out, we’ve narrowed it down to the best of the best:
1. Sat Nam Fest
- Location: Joshua Tree, California
- Date: April 11-15, 2018
- Why you should go: Put into practice ancient methods of Kundalini, whether you’re a beginner or are more experienced
- Price: A one-day pass starts at $79 USD and $439 USD for the full five-day pass
A combination of breathing, mantras, Asana yoga, meditation and relaxation are all components of an ancient practice to create awareness and raise your Kundalini energy. This festival is known for its powerful atmosphere and dedication to cultivating self-love.
2. Bali Spirit Festival
- Location: Ubud, Bali
- Date: April 2-8, 2018
- Why you should go: Bali is the idyllic location for an isolated retreat in a picturesque setting
- Price: Starts at $149 USD for a day pass, $395 USD for a weekend pass and a basic full-festival pass at $650 USD
For those looking to experience Bali’s booming yoga culture, you’ll surely get that and a whole lot more in the lush venue of this wellness retreat. It’s close to Ubud, for optimal exploring, but while you’re at the festival you can take in the Bhatki music in the picturesque rice fields.
Though the festival aims to practice traditional yoga and immerse festival-goers in local music and healing methods, the festival attracts people from all over the world, so the exchange of knowledge is limitless.
3. OM Yoga Show London
- Location: London, England
- Date: October 19-21, 2018
- Why you should go: A well-rounded introduction to the yoga community with leading advice and guidance (you can even make it a family affair and bring under 16-year-olds for free!)
- Price: 1-day adult pass is £12 and 3-day adult entrance fee is £26 (workshops are free and are first come first serve, more intense workshops are ticketed at an extra charge)
Over the past 15 years, OM Yoga show in London has perfected the yoga experience. Hosted in the historic Alexandra Palace, this is the biggest yoga gathering in Europe and it’s climbing it’s way up as one of the largest in the entire world!
Over the course of a weekend, there are yoga workshops ranging from basic to ones presenting more of a challenge. Bonus: there over 200 exhibits to explore!
Om Yoga Show brings together the very best of the yoga scene in the UK, from teachers, to yoga wear brands, yoga retreats, innovative yoga products and healthy food. It’s a fantastic place to discover new brands and network with like-minded people. I would recommend you make the most of the networking opportunity. If you’re in the yoga industry, bring business cards with you, so people will remember you. Also, come in your yoga clothes – there are lots of yoga classes on offer throughout the day. Finally, turn up hungry, because there are plenty of tasty food stands to try. – Sarah, YOGAGISE
Upon creating the brand PIYOGA my personal challenge was to take it international. The OM Yoga Show was the perfect place to do just that! Yogis and studio owners from around the world came together to participate in one of the biggest yoga expos in the entire world. The best part? They loved our brand!
Looking into 2018 I would definitely recommend attending The OM Yoga Show. Classes were short, sweet, and structured to give you a brief overview of different types of yoga. The OM Yoga Show is your one stop shop for everything yoga. – Larissa, PIYOGA
4. Telluride Yoga Festival
- Location: Telluride, Colorado
- Date: July 19-22, 2018
- Why you should go: Drop-dead gorgeous Mountain and Canyon views during intimate workshops
- Price: 3-day pass for $355 USD and 4-day pass for $435 USD
In the mountain fresh air, you definitely feel far removed from your day-to-day. Telluride allows you to reconnect with nature and yourself. Beyond being a fantastic ski town, Telluride fills up with some of the best yoga instructors during the festival.
- Location: Oahu, Hawaii
- Date: March 1-4, 2018
- Why you should go: Yoga by day and concerts by night, Wanderlust is part hedonistic and part holistic
- Price: Starts at $115 USD for one-day and up to $540 USD for 4-days
On the more luxury end when it comes to yoga festivals, Wanderlust is arguably THE yoga festival to go to. Wanderlust festivals have popped up across Canada and the U.S., but this year’s festival on Oahu is much anticipated. The trail runs, surf sessions, ukulele lessons abound!
6. Northwest Yoga Feast
- Location: Sagle, Idaho
- Date: July 20-22, 2018
- Why you should go: Feed your love for yoga and your belly all-in-one
- Price: $325 USD
Beyond the yoga workshops, ceremonies and performances, this festival prides itself on its culinary experience. Organic, sustainable and vegetarian gourmet meals with your fellow feasters is a highlight and can help you create healthy eating patterns long after you leave the festival.
See Also: 13 Signs You Need a Vacation in 2018
7. Love Yoga Fest Cape Cod
- Location: Falmouth, Massachusetts
- Date: September 21-23, 2018
- Why you should go: Incorporate yoga practice with your love for the ocean
- Price: $265 USD for an unlimited weekend pass
LYF doesn’t put the oceanside setting to waste. We’re talking beachside yoga and SUP yoga. The charming coastal town of Falmouth is also super charming to explore by foot, it’s the perfect getaway.
8. Awake Yoga Festival Portugal
- Location: Monchique, Portugal
- Date: June 26-July 1, 2018
- Why you should go: If you want to be a part of a rigorous program dedicated to set you on an inward journey
- Price: Early bird tickets are 198 Euro and regular tickets 230 Euro
Inland from Portugal’s beautiful beaches is this rural festival set in wooded hills. This festival is all about looking inward. From facial yoga to dancing, you’ll be involved in many different styles of yoga and can even take in the benefits of its proximity to natural springs.
9. Banff Yoga Festival
- Location: Banff, Alberta
- Date: June 1-3, 2018
- Why you should go: Feed your adventurous soul in the Canadian Rocky Mountains
- Price: Sunday ($138 CAD), Saturday ($148 CAD), Friday ($85 CAD), All Inclusive Weekend ($228 CAD)
Want to head out for a canoe ride before taking part in acro yoga? No problem, this festival is Canadian to the core. You can hike nearby trails and then find a spot to perch yourself for a jaw-dropping view. Although this festival is still a young one, Banff has a long history of healing.
10. Val d’Isère Yoga Festival
- Location: Rhône – Alpes, France
- Date: April 27-29, 2018
- Why you should go: If you’re looking for a more dynamic, active yoga experience
- Price: The conference is free, 195 euros for the weekend class pass or pay per yoga session (around 20 euros)
The location is on point here! You can choose from a variety of different themed courses, based on what works for you. Incorporate teachings on naturopathy, breathing, mindfulness… you name it! All the while, you can use the magnificent mountains ranges around you for hiking and scenic views.