Tour on this Ship
The 65-guest Coral Discoverer was launched in 2005 and refurbished in 2016. Her small size is perfect for regional exploration. She carries Zodiacs, as well as a powerful excursion boat that can carry all guests for tours ashore. A spacious lounge, equipped with two large plasma TV screens, is ideal for lectures. All staterooms offer an ocean view. The dining room features the finest fresh seafood of the region and a comprehensive selection of Australian and New Zealand wines.
• Four decks of guest facilities:
- Main Deck – guest staterooms, dining room, and Xplorer and Zodiac boarding
- Promenade Deck – guest staterooms
- Bridge Deck – guest staterooms with private balconies, lounge, and bridge
- Sun Deck – Outdoor bar and observation area
• Stairs service all decks. There is no elevator.
• The bridge is available to visit most times throughout the day, contingent upon weather, security, and navigation conditions.
• Smoking is permitted only in designated areas on outside decks.
• All staterooms feature ocean views, two twin beds or a double bed, a sitting area, a well-appointed en suite bathroom, large closets,
• Category 1 staterooms are 195 square feet and feature two portholes.
• Category 2 staterooms are 195 square feet and feature two small windows.
• Category 3 staterooms are 160 square feet and feature a large window.
• Category 4 staterooms are 195 square feet and feature a large window.
• Category 5 staterooms are 195 square feet and feature a private balcony.
• The Coral Discoverer carries a fleet of Zodiacs and the Xplorer excursion boat, which can accommodate all guests.
• Public spaces include a large lecture lounge, sun deck with outdoor bar and seating area, and a reference library.
• Additional amenities include two fully-stocked cocktail bars, wireless Internet, and laundry service (no dry cleaning). Rates are posted on
• The Australian dollar is the currency used on board. Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Diners Club are accepted for
payment of shipboard accounts.
Staterooms / Suites
- Main Deck Category 1 - 195 sq. ft.
- Main Deck Category 2 - 195 sq. ft.
- Promenade Deck Category 3 - 160 sq. ft.
- Promenade Deck Category 4 - 195 sq. ft.
- Bridge Deck Category 5 - 195 sq. ft
Located close to the Dining Room, our six spacious Main Deck (Category B) staterooms are 18sqm in size and feature twin portholes for expansive ocean views, along with a desk, sofa, telephone and your choice of Junior King or twin bedding.
• The dining room can accommodate all guests at one seating and features large outside windows.
• Most diets can be catered for on board, but special dietary requests must be made in advance.
• Coffee and tea are available 24 hours a day.