- Innovative Itineraries
- World-Class Leaders
- Respect for Our World
- All-Inclusive Exploration
Zegrahm Expeditions is a company of explorers and adventurers. For over 25 years, we have shared our passion for unique experiences with like-minded travelers by weaving together the world's most inspiring and remote destinations, on all seven continents, into one-o...
Zegrahm Expeditions is a company of explorers and adventurers. For over 25 years, we have shared our passion for unique experiences with like-minded travelers by weaving together the world's most inspiring and remote destinations, on all seven continents, into one-of-a-kind itineraries. With a return traveler rate of over 70 percent, here's why our travelers return time and again: Innovative Itineraries – Each year our field leaders and program managers build a unique line-up of expeditions far removed from the standard routes that allow you to fulfill your passion for exploration and adventure. World-Class Leaders – Zegrahm builds the ultimate dream team for each itinerary. These experts are just as eager to share their in-depth knowledge as they are to make new discoveries right alongside you while exploring each destination. Respect for Our World – Our off-the-beaten-path itineraries offer you the chance to fully immerse yourself in the culture and natural history of a destination. And we believe these authentic interactions allow us to better understand, appreciate, and protect the world in which we live. All-Inclusive Exploration – We give you the freedom to focus on immersing yourself in the destination and expedition experience, without having to worry about the finer logistical details of off-the-beaten-path exploration. To that end, we are pleased to include virtually everything in the cost of your trip. Outstanding Guest Service – With Zegrahm, you travel in expert care from the moment you make your reservation until you board your flight home. Our outstanding guest services team takes care of every last detail of your trip, ensuring you have the best possible expedition experience.Read more
1 Zegrahm Expeditions Review
- Rather Poor
- 4 / 5
- 4 / 5
- 4 / 5
- Value for money
- 5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- JNjcAustralia's Kimberley: A Voyage to the Outback 20194.5 - ExcellentWritten on May 24, 2016This was an amazing trip with a good mix of wildlife, landscape and cultural elements. The on-board experts were all friendly, informative and clearly knowledg…Read more
- A5.0 - ExcellentWritten on September 20, 2011Deeper Africa Did a Fantastic Job Karen Zulauf at Deeper Africa helped us develop a personalized itinerary for our family which includes 8 & 9 year old boy…Read more
- A5.0 - ExcellentWritten on September 28, 2009Whether by land or by sea....... I take 2-3 trips a year with ZEO; either on land or by ship and each has been special in its own way. My first was in 2000…Read more
- A5.0 - ExcellentWritten on September 25, 2009Best by Far I do one big trip a year and when I first traveled with Zegrahm 3 years ago I was blown away. The trips they do are really unique. Their staff …Read more
- A5.0 - ExcellentWritten on September 16, 2009So much to offer- wish we had more time! We've traveled with Zeghram many times, most recently to the Antarctic. The trip was even better than anticipated.…Read more
- A5.0 - ExcellentWritten on September 16, 2009Zegrahm -- Outstanding trips and leaders Having gone on at least 10 trips with Zegrahm I can enthusiastically recommend them. Staff is just great: knowledg…Read more
- A5.0 - ExcellentWritten on September 10, 2009THE BEST THERE IS IN THE BUSINESS! After more than 25 trips with Zegrahm Expeditions I can do nothing but rave. Their level of knowledge within the entire …Read more
Zegrahm Expeditions Tours
About Zegrahm Expeditions
Zegrahm Expeditions video
With Our Compliments
When you travel with Zegrahm, virtually everything is included in the cost of the trip:
Zegrahm Expeditions Ships
- Ocean AdventurerAs of June 2017, Quark Expeditions’ much beloved polar expedition ship the “Sea Adventurer” will be undergoing a multi-… Read moreBuilt1976 (refurbished in 1999 and 2002)Guests132Crew84Length101.1mWidth16.2mSuites57Cruising Speed12 knotsDraft4.5m
- Island SkySpend the day discovering the world’s greatest wonders, and at night, return to the quiet tranquillity of the boutique MS Island Sk… Read moreBuilt1992Guests110Crew85Length90.6mWidth15.3mSuites57Gross Tonnage4,200Cruising Speed12 knots maximumDraft4m
- Coral Expeditions ICoral Expeditions I is a twin-hulled boutique catamaran designed for maximum stability and guest comfort. Accommodating a maximum of just… Read moreBuilt1988 (refurbished in 2015)Guests42Crew12Length35 m / 115 ftStaterooms21Gross Tonnage730 gtBeam13 m / 43 ftCruising Speed12 kn / 22 kph / 14 mphDraft8ft / 2.5m
- MS Caledonian SkyEnjoy an all-inclusive lifestyle aboard the MS Caledonian Sky. Timeless elegance is reflected in every detail, while intimate spaces and… Read moreBuilt1991Guests110Crew85Length90.6mWidth15.3mSuites57Gross Tonnage4,200Cruising Speed12 knots maximum
- Le BougainvilleAPT’s privately chartered luxury small ship, Le Bougainville, is the pinnacle of poise and sophistication and is ready to whisk you… Read moreBuilt2019Guests184Crew110Length131 m / 430 ftStaterooms92Gross Tonnage9900 gtBeam18 m / 59 ftCruising Speed18 kn / 33 kph / 21 mph
- SerenissimaGENERAL: •Five decks of guest facilities. - Deck 3 – guest suites and doctor’s office… Read moreBuilt1960; refurbished: 2018Guests95Crew52Length286RegistrySt. VincentGross Tonnage2,632Beam43.6ftDraft15.5ft
- ZafiroTravel aboard the Zafiro, a luxurious vessel we have chartered for your adventure, which blends stylish design and modern comforts. Class… Read moreGuests38Crew25Suites19RegistryPeruGross Tonnage620
- Le BellotLe Bellot is currently in the process of being built, and will be completed in 2020. It will feature innovative and environment-friendly… Read moreBuilt2020Guests160Crew110Length430 ft.RegistryFranceGross Tonnage9,900Beam59 ft.Draft15 ft
- Coral DiscovererThe 65-guest Coral Discoverer was launched in 2005 and refurbished in 2016. Her small size is perfect for regional exploration. She carri… Read moreBuilt2005Guests65Crew20Length207 ft.RegistryAustraliaGross Tonnage1,779Beam43 ft.Draft10 ft.
- Le ChamplainLe Champlain is currently in the process of being built, and will be completed in 2018. It will feature innovative and environment-friend… Read moreBuilt2018Guests160Crew110Length430 ftRegistryFranceGross Tonnage9,900Beam26 ftDraft15 ft.
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 2500+ carefully screened operators
- Read 150,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose from over 40,000 tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Explore With Experts
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
What is expedition travel?
Ocean voyages, land tours, and safaris to far-flung destinations that provide travelers with adventurous and educational experiences qualify as expedition travel. An expedition comprises a small group of adventurers who investigate unusual places of cultural and/or natural significance, led by experts who enlighten these travelers and manage logistics of the journey. The nature of our destinations, itineraries, and activities in those destinations, and the quality of accommodations and leadership distinguish Zegrahm Expeditions. When defining “expedition travel,” it is often easier to explain what it is NOT: resort vacations, pleasure cruises, and mass-market tours.
How long have you been a travel company?
Our founders created Zegrahm Expeditions in October of 1990 with one clear reason: to offer travelers the most intriguing adventures in the world, whether by land or sea.
What makes your trips different from those offered by other companies?
To answer succinctly: People and Places. Field leaders founded our company – people with vast knowledge of what adventurers expect in a high-quality expedition. Thus we hire only the best and brightest, because people make an important difference in your travel experience. Our program managers and air department put a particular emphasis on outstanding customer care long before you arrive in your destination. We thoroughly scout locations and use our firsthand knowledge to expertly plan itineraries that are filled with unique opportunities. During expeditions, world-class leaders and lecturers provide an insightful and comprehensive educational component to the journey. Meanwhile, the array of places Zegrahm takes you is unlike any other offered in the industry. We operate on all seven continents, far removed from standard routes. From Antarctica to the Arctic, and the hidden corners in between, we explore remote and exotic locales, at the best time to be in each destination.
What kind of people travel with Zegrahm? Do you have to be physically fit to go on Zegrahm trips?
Our passengers are educated, curious, and adventurous. All voyages have a great mix of single travelers and couples. Our passengers’ most common traits are passion for travel and the wish to share that passion with fellow passengers.
For most activities a relatively low level of exertion is required. You will need to climb into and out of Zodiacs and tenders for excursions ashore and diving and snorkeling activities (staff and crew members will be on hand to assist). Ashore, you must be able to walk moderate distances over beaches and sometimes rough terrain. We offer short and long walks or hikes; there are always options to accommodate those with different physical inclinations.
Are there children on your trips? Do you offer family voyages?
We design most of our trips for mature travelers, though a few programs (like The Galápagos or Antarctica) would be appropriate for younger people traveling with their parents, grandparents or other adult family members. We do not have a set age limit, though our trips would not be appropriate for infants and toddlers. Occasionally there is a minimum age requirement from a land operator in a particular country, so it is always good to inform our Expedition Advisors when children under the age of eighteen will be traveling with you.
Are your guides specialists in wildlife, history, and culture? How many naturalists and guides are on each trip? What is the leader-to-group ratio?
We pride ourselves on the quality of our leaders; experts in their fields, they are dynamic people with a love of learning. Ornithologists, marine biologists and general naturalists, geologists, anthropologists, and historians — we staff each expedition with the leaders best suited for the region and the expected adventure. The number of naturalists and guides on a trip depends on the number of passengers. The average leader-to-passenger ratio is 1:10.
When is a good time to go on the trips? What will the weather be like?
We travel to each destination at its optimal time of the year. Each of our itineraries has a "Before You Go" section. This gives an average temperature range for the region at the time you will visit. Several months prior to your departure, we also send pre-departure material which lists what kind of clothing and travel gear are suggested for activities on and off the ship.
What type of ships do you use? How many passengers do the ships accommodate?
We employ a variety of exclusively chartered ships, icebreakers, and yachts for our programs, using the best vessels available in our destinations. Vessel sizes range from 16 to 40-passenger yachts and catamarans to small expedition cruise ships or icebreakers that accommodate as many as 110 passengers. You may view photos and fact sheets for the ships in the tour pages
What kind of accommodations can I expect? What amenities are available on the ships and in the cabins?
Our ships are comfortable and each features a dining room, lounge, small library, and experienced staff members to serve you. Cabins are equipped with en suite bathroom facilities, hairdryers, in-room security drawers, and are cleaned and serviced daily. Our larger vessels may also have exercise facilities, a gift shop, and hair salon providing simple hairstyling services. On land we attempt to provide the finest accommodations available in that particular part of the world, although on some of our extension programs, we will be in rural or remote areas where Western amenities are not the norm.
What kind of food will be served? Will there be vegetarian and low-fat options? Do we eat in a group or at private tables? Can I eat on my own?
Meals on the ships are generally international or American specialties, with additional selections available reflecting the area of the world we are traveling in, all prepared by international chefs. Breakfasts are standard American fare. Meals ashore vary depending on the restaurants we frequent and the part of the world we are in. Special dietary menus, such as vegetarian or low-fat, can be accommodated on board, with the exception of kosher cuisine. We do our best to provide such menus on land as well. We ask you to notify us well before departure so that we can prepare appropriately. All meals on board are served in group seatings. Generally breakfast and lunch are buffet-style, while table service is provided at dinner. Tables are typically large, so you will likely be dining with other passengers.