“It was a very memorable, interesting and enjoyable trip! We both feel like we understand Madagascar so much better and thoroughly enjoyed seeing and learning about the animals, plants and people. Fhurisco really cares about his country and we appreciated h...“
Awards & Recognitions
World Expeditions Guides
- Leading adventure travel company
- Recognised for responsible tourism initiatives
- Supported by recognised professional adventurers
- All inclusive pricing
World Expeditions is one of the pioneers of the adventure holidays travel industry. Starting in Nepal in 1975, the company now offers small group adventures to all seven continents, with a variety of activities on offer including trekking, rafting, cycling, mountaine...
World Expeditions is one of the pioneers of the adventure holidays travel industry. Starting in Nepal in 1975, the company now offers small group adventures to all seven continents, with a variety of activities on offer including trekking, rafting, cycling, mountaineering, wildlife safaris and more! Widely recognized for ground breaking Responsible Tourism initiatives, their award winning Community Project Travel Program helps to improve the living conditions of some of the world’s most remote communities. With the support of some of the world's most experienced and respected adventurers, including mountaineers Peter Hillary and Tim Macartney-Snape working with us as specialist guides, World Expeditions’ has helped shape the adventure travel industry standards since its inception almost four decades ago. Their all-inclusive, no hidden extras pricing policy combined with longer, creative itineraries and the use of quality ground services attracts people who have high expectations of their travel experiences. Whether you’re looking for an active trip to a bucket-list destination, or a cultural exploration of some of the world’s gems, there’s an adventure waiting for you.Read more
98 World Expeditions Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- DDavidMottBest of South America - Over 55's adventure3.0 - AverageWritten on June 26, 2018Communication was a problem from start in Buenos Aires tour notes told us guide would meet us at 5.30pm for a trip briefing but no one showed up.After 6pm one o…Read moreWorld Expeditions commented on this reviewDear David, Thank you for passing on your feedback following your South America trip with World Expeditions. We are continually striving to improve the level of service and your feedback helps us put this into practice. Following your feedback we have investigated what happened on this trip with our partners in South America. Thank you for taking the time to provide even more detailed feedback on the phone as well. We trust that we were able to suitably address all matters during this conversation. We were very happy to hear that you overall had a great time in South America and thank you for choosing to travel with World Expeditions. Best regards, World Expeditions Team
- JJudyTooveyBest of South America - Over 55's adventure5.0 - ExcellentWritten on June 26, 2018The camping part wasn't enjoyable. Right by railway line to Machu Pichu so very noisy and 2nd night only 1-2 km out of town so could have stayed in hotel. 3rd n…Read moreWorld Expeditions commented on this reviewDear Judy, Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent trip to South America with World Expeditions. We are always interested to know what our travellers think of their experiences with us so that we can refine and improve our trips. We deeply regret that your experience was not as enjoyable as it should have been. We are currently investigating the matters you have raised and will reply to you as soon as possible. Best regards, World Expeditions Team
- AAlexiaMBrowneBest of South America - Over 55's adventure3.5 - GoodWritten on June 13, 2018This tour did not deliver the promised trek to Machu Picchu. Instead they focused on a compilation of treks on local Inca routes close to Cuszo that lead to now…Read moreWorld Expeditions commented on this reviewDear Alexia, Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent trip to South America with World Expeditions. We are always interested to know what our travellers think of their experiences with us so that we can refine and improve our trips. We deeply regret that your experience was not as enjoyable as it should have been. We are currently investigating the matters you have raised and will reply to you as soon as possible. Best regards, World Expeditions Team
- KBKatherineEverest Base Camp & Kala Pattar4.0 - GoodWritten on June 6, 2018Overall, the trip matched the itinerary well, so potential travelers have a good idea of what to expect. The rating of 5 for activity level is accurate in that …Read moreWorld Expeditions commented on this reviewThanks for travelling with us in Nepal, Katherine. Appreciate the review!
- ElizabethNamibia to Victoria Falls Explorer4.5 - ExcellentWritten on June 5, 2018The variety of wildlife and scenery we saw
- AliceBeijing to Hong Kong4.5 - ExcellentWritten on May 17, 2018Great itinerary with local guides who seemed to know everything about their cities and spoke good English. Perfect way to see the highlights of China!
- RJRichardUnique Madagascar4.5 - ExcellentWritten on April 23, 2018This is a wonderful way to see the highlights of Madagascar. The day long hikes are so beautiful and with the help of the guides saw so much - from lemurs, bird…Read moreWorld Expeditions commented on this reviewAppreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on this trip with others, Richard. Thanks again for choosing to travel with World Expeditions.
- AAnonymousUnique Madagascar4.5 - ExcellentWritten on April 22, 2018It was a very memorable, interesting and enjoyable trip! We both feel like we understand Madagascar so much better and thoroughly enjoyed seeing and learning ab…Read moreWorld Expeditions commented on this reviewthank you for sharing your feedback - and fantastic images!
- RSRobertHawaii Hiking the Aloha Isles3.0 - AverageWritten on April 22, 2018TO ALEX! ADVENTURE TRAVEL WEST, and TOUR RADAR, Most of the tour was pretty good. We enjoyed the hiking, snorkelling and some swimming. We started out on the bi…Read moreWorld Expeditions commented on this reviewThank you for taking the time to write a review, Antonia. The rain and flooding on Kauai during your trip certainly added some challenges! We can appreciate that missing the Napali Coast would be disappointing, but we are grateful that everyone stayed out of harm’s way and that the group was able to complete another beautiful hike further south. We are happy to learn that most of the tour was pretty good, however World Expeditions strives for excellence and we do take all comments and suggestions seriously. Although the details of the vehicle are clearly written in the pre-departure information provided pre tour we do agree that with a full group, there is not a lot of ‘wiggle room'. This has never been presented as an issue in the past but we are reviewing the maximum group size for this trip and will ensure the size of the vehicles does not present problems for future groups. Regarding food on the Hawaiian islands, options can be limited with the vast majority of produce flown in from the mainland. We do take all dietary restrictions into account before the tour but don’t generally involve the group too much in the lunch planning in order to maximize our time exploring beautiful Hawaii. During the tour, our guides are sure to ask for requests and will buy fresh tropical fruit while travelling, but there are not many bakeries, fresh bread, or vegetables for purchase on the islands. We do our best to mix up the food experience by going to restaurants where possible on transfer days, but our groups generally appreciate the pre-purchase of food so that we spend less time shopping and more time outside. That being said, we do appreciate your feedback and have passed comments and suggestions to our local partners to ensure good quality lunches on the Big Island. Thank you again and we do hope we can wow you on another World Expeditions adventure in the future.
World Expeditions Tours
- Everest Base Camp & Kala Pattar (from Kathmandu to Lobuche) 17 daysStarts KathmanduEnds Lobuche$2,499 $2,220-11%
- Everest Circuit & the Cho La 21 daysStarts KathmanduEnds Kathmandu$2,999 $2,663-11%
- Best of Costa Rica 8 daysStarts San JoseEnds San Jose$1,199 $1,065-11%
About World Expeditions
World Expeditions videos
- Vietnam Part 1
- Walls of Jerusalem
- Cradle Mountain
- Show more...
- The Evolution of Adventure Travel
- Annapurna Views and Vistas
- Franklin River Rafting
- Trekking in the Everest Region with World Expeditions
- Visit Myanmar
- Desert Rivers and Wildlife in Comfort
- Costa Rica Adventures
- Permanent Campsites In Nepal
- Nepal Porter Protection
- Masterchef in Nepal
- Responsible Travel with World Expeditions
- Responsible Travel - 10 pieces Litter Collection
- Rwanda Gorilla Adventure
- My Sri Lanka - Peter Kuruvita
- The Overland Track
- Mongolia In the Footsteps of the Nomad with Tim Cope
- The Silk Road with World Expeditions and Maria Visconti
- Bike, Hike & Kayak Vietnam with Australian Geographic Outdoor
- Everest Base Camp & Island Peak
- Galapagos Islands on Beluga
- Jatbula Trail
- Trip around North Vietnam with World Expeditions
- Cradle Mountain National Park walks
- Cycle Sri lanka
- Hi Chi Minh to Angkor Wat Cycle Tour
- South Coast Track trek: Tasmania
- Sensory Overload - Vietnam By Bike
- Nat Geo Adventure on tour with World Expeditions to Machu Picchu
- Walk the Larapinta Trail
- Trekking in the Indian Himalaya with World Expeditions
- National Geographic Channel discovers Kyoto and Izu with World Expeditions
- Why Raft Tasmania's Franklin River?
- Mt Wellington (1271m) cycle descent, Hobart
- Kakadu Walking Adventure with World Expeditions
- Nat Geo Adventure discovers Nepal with World Expeditions
- Trekking in the Annapurnas
- Alternative Treks to Classic Inca Trail
- Ethiopia Simien Highlands
- On The Rocks with Monique and Simon
- Cycle across Prince Edward Island
- Inca Rivers Trek - Choquequirao to Machu Picchu
- Trekking the Larapinta Trail
- Jewels Of The Arctic with World Expeditions
- Discovers Tokyo with World Expeditions
- Bruny Island Long Weekend
- Chomolhari Base Camp and Tigers Nest Trek
- Walk Tasmania's Overland Track
- WORLD TRAVELLER CAMBODIA
- World Expeditions & Antarctic Peninsula
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Explore Cusco with World Expeditions
- Responsible Travel in Peru with World Expeditions
- Discover the Sacred Valley of the Incas in Peru with World Expeditions
- Trek the Great Himalaya Trail with World Expeditions
- Take the Paths Less Travelled with World Expeditions
Why Travel With World Expeditions?
Leaders in Responsible Travel
Innovative Multi Active Itineraries
Create Your Own Adventure
World Firsts by World Expeditions
Awards & Recognitions
- 50 Tours of a Lifetime-Arnhem Land Marine Rescue-National Geographic2008
- 50 Tours of Lifetime - Mongolia - National Geographic2011
- Best River Trip: Franklin River, Tasmania - Outside's Travel Awards2013
- Highly Commended Best in Mntn Environment - Porter Protection Policies2006
- WWF Environmental Achievement Award - Responsible Travel Guidebook2001
- Outstanding Tourism Product - Travel Journalism Awards2014
- Leadership Award - Responsible Travel & Tourism Forum2008
- Best Tour Operator - Australian Gourmet Traveller2008
World Expeditions Guides
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 600+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 25,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
How often is a trip cancelled?
Because our group sizes are small, about 95% of our trips operate – so the chances of trip you are going on are very high!
What is included in my adventure holiday?
Unlike other cheaper tour providers, we aim to incorporate as many inclusions as possible in our tour costs to minimise your out of pocket expenses while you are on tour. This could include meals, national park fees, permits etc. This minimises the risk of carrying around large sums of cash while overseas, and means there are no unsuspected additional expenses while on the road. Please ensure you read our trip notes prior to leaving for exact inclusions.
What about the food?
There’s nothing more satisfying after a hard day of trekking or cycling than sitting down with a hearty meal at the end of the day, so we ensure that our meals are tasty, varied and have plenty of fresh ingredients! You can expect a combination of local and European dishes cooked under a high standard of hygiene. We also cater for vegetarians and dietary requirements and ensure meals are filling and delicious!
What about environmental impact?
We at World Expeditions hold a firm belief that adventure travel revolves around creating a strong working relationship within the environments we operate and the people we interact with. On our trips, we encourage all travellers to familiarise themselves with our Responsible Tourism Guide before you depart on your trip. We are a strong supporter of the 10 Pieces initiative which encourages travellers to take 10 pieces of rubbish every day while trekking, leaving the environment in a better condition than when we arrived.
Where do we stay?
We carefully select the accommodation you stay in on our trips to ensure it reflects the local character. While staying in cities, hotel rooms are on a twin share basis with private facilities. Remote communities, however, have more simple yet clean rooms with basic facilities. When in the field, you can expect the best possible camping experience complete with two person tents, toilet tent and a mess tent for dining together.
How safe is it?
We are proud to say that safety is our number one priority, and our staff continually review every aspect of your adventure. Our expert guides are fully conversant with the demands of travelling in remote regions.
What level of comfort can I expect?
On our trekking adventures we camp in comfort and style using the best equipment. Meals are cooked for you while our staff prepare the campsites while you sit back and relax. The same level of comfort is provided on our cycling and sea kayak adventures. Our staff ensure that your day to day needs are taken care of, and while on your trip you travel in comfortable private vehicles and local hotels (when not camping).
How fit do I have to be for an adventure travel holiday?
All trips with World Expeditions are graded from an introductory to advanced mountaineering grading system, and each grading has a different physical requirement for the trip. While we recommend that anyone joining on an adventure should have a reasonable level of health and fitness, it is essential that you read the detailed trip notes and training advice for some of the intermediate and advanced trips to ensure you are able to complete the trip safely.
Am I suited to small group travel?
If you have not been on a small group trip before, rest assured that World Expeditions trips are very flexible and allow you to do your own thing within the framework of the itinerary. The maximum group size on World Expeditions trips is 16 people – an ideal size for for minimal impact travel and small enough to be able to form lasting friendships with your fellow travellers.