“The camping part wasn't enjoyable. Right by railway line to Machu Pichu so very noisy and 2nd night only 1-2 km out of town so could have stayed in hotel. 3rd night we were up at 3.30am (4th day) and trekked on a goat track along the side of a mountain wit...“
Awards & Recognitions
World Expeditions Guides
- Leading adventure travel company
- Recognised for responsible tourism initiatives
- Supported by recognised professional adventurers
- All inclusive pricing
World Expeditions is one of the pioneers of the adventure holidays travel industry. Starting in Nepal in 1975, the company now offers small group adventures to all seven continents, with a variety of activities on offer including trekking, rafting, cycling, mountaine...
World Expeditions is one of the pioneers of the adventure holidays travel industry. Starting in Nepal in 1975, the company now offers small group adventures to all seven continents, with a variety of activities on offer including trekking, rafting, cycling, mountaineering, wildlife safaris and more! Widely recognized for ground breaking Responsible Tourism initiatives, their award winning Community Project Travel Program helps to improve the living conditions of some of the world’s most remote communities. With the support of some of the world's most experienced and respected adventurers, including mountaineers Peter Hillary and Tim Macartney-Snape working with us as specialist guides, World Expeditions’ has helped shape the adventure travel industry standards since its inception almost four decades ago. Their all-inclusive, no hidden extras pricing policy combined with longer, creative itineraries and the use of quality ground services attracts people who have high expectations of their travel experiences. Whether you’re looking for an active trip to a bucket-list destination, or a cultural exploration of some of the world’s gems, there’s an adventure waiting for you.Read more
99 World Expeditions Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- BKBrendaGalapagos Islands on Eden5.0 - ExcellentWritten on November 27, 2018We actually were upgraded to the Beluga - staff were fabulous as was our guide Juan - food excellent and room exceeded expectations. I had some back trouble and…Read moreWorld Expeditions commented on this reviewThank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review, Brenda. We're glad to hear you had a great trip in the Galapagos. Hope your back is feeling better. The team @ World Expeditions
- PPPATRICIAAngkor Wat Extension5.0 - ExcellentWritten on November 24, 2018This tour was perfect in every way. Our guide and driver were friendly, helpful, and really interested in making our visit a positive experience. The guide kne…Read moreWorld Expeditions commented on this reviewThank you for taking the time to share your feedback about this trip. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of the tour and we will be sure to pass on your kind words to our guide and driver. Our guest’s safety is the number one priority for World Expeditions. Please rest assured that Phare, the Cambodian Circus meets international safety standards. To quote Craig Dodge, Director of Sales & Marketing, “Phare takes safety very seriously. The entire operations, technical and customer service teams have regular safety and emergency evacuation training. In addition to the two stairways guests used to enter the big top, the entire stage entrance, which takes up about 1/5 of the entire big top circumference, is also used. There are customer service staff positioned in several spots in the big top who would jump into action if evacuation became necessary. A slide is shown during the introductory slide show that indicates emergency exits.” Should you wish to discuss this matter further, please do not hesitate to contact us directly. The team @ World Expeditions
- JGJonSapa Hike & Homestays3.5 - GoodWritten on October 24, 2018Our Sapa Trek was a premium price product provided to Tour Radar by a company named World Expeditions. We were severely disappointed in the experience for 4 rea…Read moreWorld Expeditions commented on this review“Thank you for choosing World Expeditions as you travel partner and for taking the time to provide feedback. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the trip not meeting your expectations on this occasion. The Sapa Trek is a long time favourite with our adventure seeking guests and one from which we have generally received glowing reviews. We will be conducting a thorough investigation as to how and why your trip did not meet our usual high standards and be in touch with you directly to rectify this matter. World Expeditions works hard to deliver the most cutting edge and off the beaten track itineraries, the Ha Giang and Pu Luong Hike & Homestay trip being one example. We continue to encourage travellers to seek out these seldom visited yet stunningly beautiful regions which in turn helps put tourism dollars into those communities where it is needed. Kind regards, the team @ World Expeditions
- JieSacred Valley & Machu Picchu Walk4.5 - ExcellentWritten on October 7, 2018We are a family of 3 including a 12-year old boy who wanted to hike portions of the Inca trail but not for four days. This itinerary allows us to acclimate to t…Read moreWorld Expeditions commented on this reviewDear Jie - Thank you very much for your feedback. It’s great to hear that you and your family had a fantastic time in Peru. It's great to read that your family enjoyed the different ruins and the day walks, especially the last section of the Inca Trail. It is special. We were of course disappointed to hear that the lodge in Ollantaytambo didn’t entirely meet your expectations. As you’ll have noted, Ollantaytambo is a relatively small town with lots of visitors and it does have limited accommodation options. We have been using the hotel you stayed at for several years due to its central but quiet location, positive inspection results when visited by our team, good online reviews on all booking platforms and favourable past traveller feedback. It certainly is a rustic style hotel and less in keeping with other properties on the trip, however we have chosen it given the above. It was the first time that we received less than ideal feedback about this hotel, so we will monitor this very closely in the future, send a staff member to inspect the property and will consider other hotel options in Ollantaytambo. Thank you again for your feedback, it helps us to refine and improve our trips. We are delighted you had a fantastic trip overall and hope to welcome you on another adventure in the future. Best regards, the team @ World Expeditions
- DDavidMottBest of South America - Over 55's adventure3.0 - AverageWritten on June 26, 2018Communication was a problem from start in Buenos Aires tour notes told us guide would meet us at 5.30pm for a trip briefing but no one showed up.After 6pm one o…Read moreWorld Expeditions commented on this reviewDear David, Thank you for passing on your feedback following your South America trip with World Expeditions. We are continually striving to improve the level of service and your feedback helps us put this into practice. Following your feedback we have investigated what happened on this trip with our partners in South America. Thank you for taking the time to provide even more detailed feedback on the phone as well. We trust that we were able to suitably address all matters during this conversation. We were very happy to hear that you overall had a great time in South America and thank you for choosing to travel with World Expeditions. Best regards, World Expeditions Team
- JJudyTooveyBest of South America - Over 55's adventure5.0 - ExcellentWritten on June 26, 2018The camping part wasn't enjoyable. Right by railway line to Machu Pichu so very noisy and 2nd night only 1-2 km out of town so could have stayed in hotel. 3rd n…Read moreWorld Expeditions commented on this reviewDear Judy, Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent trip to South America with World Expeditions. We are always interested to know what our travellers think of their experiences with us so that we can refine and improve our trips. We deeply regret that your experience was not as enjoyable as it should have been. We are currently investigating the matters you have raised and will reply to you as soon as possible. Best regards, World Expeditions Team
World Expeditions Tours
- Everest Base Camp & Kala Pattar 17 daysStarts KathmanduEnds Kathmandu$2,399
- Everest Circuit & the Cho La 21 daysStarts KathmanduEnds Kathmandu$2,879
- Best of Costa Rica 8 daysStarts San JoseEnds San Jose$1,247
About World Expeditions
World Expeditions videos
- Vietnam Part 1
- Walls of Jerusalem
- Cradle Mountain
- Show more...
- The Evolution of Adventure Travel
- Annapurna Views and Vistas
- Franklin River Rafting
- Trekking in the Everest Region with World Expeditions
- Visit Myanmar
- Desert Rivers and Wildlife in Comfort
- Costa Rica Adventures
- Nepal Porter Protection
- Masterchef in Nepal
- Responsible Travel with World Expeditions
- Responsible Travel - 10 pieces Litter Collection
- Rwanda Gorilla Adventure
- My Sri Lanka - Peter Kuruvita
- The Overland Track
- Mongolia In the Footsteps of the Nomad with Tim Cope
- The Silk Road with World Expeditions and Maria Visconti
- Bike, Hike & Kayak Vietnam with Australian Geographic Outdoor
- Everest Base Camp & Island Peak
- Galapagos Islands on Beluga
- Jatbula Trail
- Trip around North Vietnam with World Expeditions
- Cradle Mountain National Park walks
- Cycle Sri lanka
- Hi Chi Minh to Angkor Wat Cycle Tour
- South Coast Track trek: Tasmania
- Sensory Overload - Vietnam By Bike
- Nat Geo Adventure on tour with World Expeditions to Machu Picchu
- Walk the Larapinta Trail
- Trekking in the Indian Himalaya with World Expeditions
- National Geographic Channel discovers Kyoto and Izu with World Expeditions
- Why Raft Tasmania's Franklin River?
- Kakadu Walking Adventure with World Expeditions
- Trekking in the Annapurnas
- Alternative Treks to Classic Inca Trail
- Ethiopia Simien Highlands
- On The Rocks with Monique and Simon
- Cycle across Prince Edward Island
- Inca Rivers Trek - Choquequirao to Machu Picchu
- Trekking the Larapinta Trail
- Jewels Of The Arctic with World Expeditions
- Discovers Tokyo with World Expeditions
- Bruny Island Long Weekend
- Chomolhari Base Camp and Tigers Nest Trek
- Walk Tasmania's Overland Track
- WORLD TRAVELLER CAMBODIA
- World Expeditions & Antarctic Peninsula
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Explore Cusco with World Expeditions
- Responsible Travel in Peru with World Expeditions
- Discover the Sacred Valley of the Incas in Peru with World Expeditions
- Trek the Great Himalaya Trail with World Expeditions
- Take the Paths Less Travelled with World Expeditions
- Benefits of Eco Camping V Tea Houses in Nepal
- 7 Reasons Why We Include Meals On Nepal Treks
Why Travel With World Expeditions?
Leaders in Responsible Travel
Innovative Multi Active Itineraries
Create Your Own Adventure
World Firsts by World Expeditions
Awards & Recognitions
- 50 Tours of a Lifetime-Arnhem Land Marine Rescue-National Geographic2008
- 50 Tours of Lifetime - Mongolia - National Geographic2011
- Best River Trip: Franklin River, Tasmania - Outside's Travel Awards2013
- Highly Commended Best in Mntn Environment - Porter Protection Policies2006
- WWF Environmental Achievement Award - Responsible Travel Guidebook2001
- Outstanding Tourism Product - Travel Journalism Awards2014
- Leadership Award - Responsible Travel & Tourism Forum2008
- Best Tour Operator - Australian Gourmet Traveller2008
World Expeditions Guides
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 1000+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 25,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
How often is a trip cancelled?
Because our group sizes are small, about 95% of our trips operate – so the chances of trip you are going on are very high!
What is included in my adventure holiday?
Unlike other cheaper tour providers, we aim to incorporate as many inclusions as possible in our tour costs to minimise your out of pocket expenses while you are on tour. This could include meals, national park fees, permits etc. This minimises the risk of carrying around large sums of cash while overseas, and means there are no unsuspected additional expenses while on the road. Please ensure you read our trip notes prior to leaving for exact inclusions.
What about the food?
There’s nothing more satisfying after a hard day of trekking or cycling than sitting down with a hearty meal at the end of the day, so we ensure that our meals are tasty, varied and have plenty of fresh ingredients! You can expect a combination of local and European dishes cooked under a high standard of hygiene. We also cater for vegetarians and dietary requirements and ensure meals are filling and delicious!
What about environmental impact?
We at World Expeditions hold a firm belief that adventure travel revolves around creating a strong working relationship within the environments we operate and the people we interact with. On our trips, we encourage all travellers to familiarise themselves with our Responsible Tourism Guide before you depart on your trip. We are a strong supporter of the 10 Pieces initiative which encourages travellers to take 10 pieces of rubbish every day while trekking, leaving the environment in a better condition than when we arrived.
Where do we stay?
We carefully select the accommodation you stay in on our trips to ensure it reflects the local character. While staying in cities, hotel rooms are on a twin share basis with private facilities. Remote communities, however, have more simple yet clean rooms with basic facilities. When in the field, you can expect the best possible camping experience complete with two person tents, toilet tent and a mess tent for dining together.
How safe is it?
We are proud to say that safety is our number one priority, and our staff continually review every aspect of your adventure. Our expert guides are fully conversant with the demands of travelling in remote regions.
What level of comfort can I expect?
On our trekking adventures we camp in comfort and style using the best equipment. Meals are cooked for you while our staff prepare the campsites while you sit back and relax. The same level of comfort is provided on our cycling and sea kayak adventures. Our staff ensure that your day to day needs are taken care of, and while on your trip you travel in comfortable private vehicles and local hotels (when not camping).
How fit do I have to be for an adventure travel holiday?
All trips with World Expeditions are graded from an introductory to advanced mountaineering grading system, and each grading has a different physical requirement for the trip. While we recommend that anyone joining on an adventure should have a reasonable level of health and fitness, it is essential that you read the detailed trip notes and training advice for some of the intermediate and advanced trips to ensure you are able to complete the trip safely.
Am I suited to small group travel?
If you have not been on a small group trip before, rest assured that World Expeditions trips are very flexible and allow you to do your own thing within the framework of the itinerary. The maximum group size on World Expeditions trips is 16 people – an ideal size for for minimal impact travel and small enough to be able to form lasting friendships with your fellow travellers.