“The stunningly beautiful Maldives really can be affordable for anyone. A week spent on a traditional Dhoni, snorkeling on 2 reefs each day, sunbathing on the deck, relaxing - pure bliss. The water is turquoise and crystal clear. The sea life is abundant, ...“
Awards & Recognitions
World Expeditions Guides
- Leading adventure travel company
- Recognised for responsible tourism initiatives
- Supported by recognised professional adventurers
- All inclusive pricing
World Expeditions is one of the pioneers of the adventure holidays travel industry. Starting in Nepal in 1975, the company now offers small group adventures to all seven continents, with a variety of activities on offer including trekking, rafting, cycling, mountaine...
World Expeditions is one of the pioneers of the adventure holidays travel industry. Starting in Nepal in 1975, the company now offers small group adventures to all seven continents, with a variety of activities on offer including trekking, rafting, cycling, mountaineering, wildlife safaris and more! Widely recognized for ground breaking Responsible Tourism initiatives, their award winning Community Project Travel Program helps to improve the living conditions of some of the world’s most remote communities. With the support of some of the world's most experienced and respected adventurers, including mountaineers Peter Hillary and Tim Macartney-Snape working with us as specialist guides, World Expeditions’ has helped shape the adventure travel industry standards since its inception almost four decades ago. Their all-inclusive, no hidden extras pricing policy combined with longer, creative itineraries and the use of quality ground services attracts people who have high expectations of their travel experiences. Whether you’re looking for an active trip to a bucket-list destination, or a cultural exploration of some of the world’s gems, there’s an adventure waiting for you.Read more
84 World Expeditions Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- SKsabrinaFitz Roy & Perito Moreno Glacier4.0 - GoodWritten on April 10, 2018…on the tour so I had to pay an extra fee but it wasn't the end of the World given that the whole thing was basically a private tour. Accommodation…Read moreWorld Expeditions commented on this reviewHi Sabrina, We are happy to read that you have enjoyed your adventure in Patagonia. Thank you for sharing your feedback about your booking process. World Expeditions works closely with its partners to provide a pleasant booking experience, and moving forward we will be improving correspondences to collect and share trip documents. Thank you once again for choosing to travel with World Expeditions.
- SAStephenSapa Eco Retreat4.0 - GoodWritten on March 21, 2018Dissapointed in guide; reeking could have been more adventurousWorld Expeditions commented on this reviewThank you for taking the time to share your feedback about this trip. We are pleased to see that overall you enjoyed your time in this beautiful part of Vietnam. We continually strive to improve our services and would be keen to learn how the guide did not quite meet your expectations on this occasion. We have reached out to you by email prior to posting our response and would be very keen to discuss this further with you. We do have a number of options in Vietnam that are suited for various levels of adventure and activity. The walks on this trip are classified as ‘Day Walks’ and the grading of the tour is ‘Adventure Touring’ which we believe does indicate that the level of adventure is not as high as our 6 day Sapa Trek itinerary. We will see how we can make it even clearer and welcome any feedback or suggestions you may have. Thank you again for choosing to travel with us.
- CCChristineBike, Hike and Kayak Cambodia2.5 - AverageWritten on February 10, 2018On a "Bike, Hike and Kayak" World Expeditions trip to Cambodia, I was put into a rickshaw which crashed …Read moreWorld Expeditions commented on this reviewWorld Expeditions regrets that you were involved in an accident while travelling on a cyclo in Cambodia. We were however concerned that you felt we had not provided adequate support to you during and after your accident. As you know, once the accident occurred we provided you with every support in country and instructions on notifying your travel insurer about this accident. We also advised you to visit a specific medical clinic in Cambodia whom we are aware conducts medical services endorsed by the Australian embassy. It is disappointing that these instructions were not followed and that as a result, you have been unsuccessful in making a claim for your medical expenses on your travel insurance policy. Taking a cyclo ride is a universally adopted activity in tours in Asia and is not struck off the insurers list as a high risk activity. While we empathise that you had this accident, we are satisfied that the activity contains an acceptable level of risk in the context of the inherent risks, which you agreed to pre trip, as part and parcel of adventure travel and travel more widely. As was referred to in our correspondence, we wish you a speedy recovery and have conducted a thorough investigation into all aspects of what occurred in line with our operational standards and our longstanding reputation for running safe and enjoyable trips the world over.
- SPSophanBest of Costa Rica4.5 - ExcellentWritten on January 27, 2018The Best of Costa Rica tour intention is great and to experience upper north east of the country.
World Expeditions Tours
- Everest Base Camp & Kala Pattar 17 daysStarts KathmanduEnds Lobuche$2,290 $1,979-14%
- Unique Madagascar 11 daysStarts AntananarivoEnds Antananarivo$2,227
- Best of Costa Rica 8 daysStarts San JoseEnds San Jose$1,151
About World Expeditions
World Expeditions videos
- Vietnam Part 1
- Walls of Jerusalem
- Cradle Mountain
- Show more...
- The Evolution of Adventure Travel
- Annapurna Views and Vistas
- Franklin River Rafting
- Trekking in the Everest Region with World Expeditions
- Visit Myanmar
- Desert Rivers and Wildlife in Comfort
- Costa Rica Adventures
- Permanent Campsites In Nepal
- Nepal Porter Protection
- Masterchef in Nepal
- Responsible Travel with World Expeditions
- Responsible Travel - 10 pieces Litter Collection
- Rwanda Gorilla Adventure
- My Sri Lanka - Peter Kuruvita
- The Overland Track
- Mongolia In the Footsteps of the Nomad with Tim Cope
- The Silk Road with World Expeditions and Maria Visconti
- Bike, Hike & Kayak Vietnam with Australian Geographic Outdoor
- Everest Base Camp & Island Peak
- Galapagos Islands on Beluga
- Jatbula Trail
- Trip around North Vietnam with World Expeditions
- Cradle Mountain National Park walks
- Cycle Sri lanka
- Hi Chi Minh to Angkor Wat Cycle Tour
- South Coast Track trek: Tasmania
- Sensory Overload - Vietnam By Bike
- Nat Geo Adventure on tour with World Expeditions to Machu Picchu
- Walk the Larapinta Trail
- Trekking in the Indian Himalaya with World Expeditions
- National Geographic Channel discovers Kyoto and Izu with World Expeditions
- Why Raft Tasmania's Franklin River?
- Mt Wellington (1271m) cycle descent, Hobart
- Kakadu Walking Adventure with World Expeditions
- Nat Geo Adventure discovers Nepal with World Expeditions
- Trekking in the Annapurnas
- Alternative Treks to Classic Inca Trail
- Ethiopia Simien Highlands
- On The Rocks with Monique and Simon
- Cycle across Prince Edward Island
- Inca Rivers Trek - Choquequirao to Machu Picchu
- Trekking the Larapinta Trail
- Jewels Of The Arctic with World Expeditions
- Discovers Tokyo with World Expeditions
- Bruny Island Long Weekend
- Chomolhari Base Camp and Tigers Nest Trek
- Walk Tasmania's Overland Track
- WORLD TRAVELLER CAMBODIA
- World Expeditions & Antarctic Peninsula
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Explore Cusco with World Expeditions
- Responsible Travel in Peru with World Expeditions
- Discover the Sacred Valley of the Incas in Peru with World Expeditions
- Trek the Great Himalaya Trail with World Expeditions
- Take the Paths Less Travelled with World Expeditions
Why Travel With World Expeditions?
Leaders in Responsible Travel
Innovative Multi Active Itineraries
Create Your Own Adventure
World Firsts by World Expeditions
Awards & Recognitions
- 50 Tours of a Lifetime-Arnhem Land Marine Rescue-National Geographic2008
- 50 Tours of Lifetime - Mongolia - National Geographic2011
- Best River Trip: Franklin River, Tasmania - Outside's Travel Awards2013
- Highly Commended Best in Mntn Environment - Porter Protection Policies2006
- WWF Environmental Achievement Award - Responsible Travel Guidebook2001
- Outstanding Tourism Product - Travel Journalism Awards2014
- Leadership Award - Responsible Travel & Tourism Forum2008
- Best Tour Operator - Australian Gourmet Traveller2008
World Expeditions Guides
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 500+ carefully screened operators
- Read 70,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 20,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
How often is a trip cancelled?
Because our group sizes are small, about 95% of our trips operate – so the chances of trip you are going on are very high!
What is included in my adventure holiday?
Unlike other cheaper tour providers, we aim to incorporate as many inclusions as possible in our tour costs to minimise your out of pocket expenses while you are on tour. This could include meals, national park fees, permits etc. This minimises the risk of carrying around large sums of cash while overseas, and means there are no unsuspected additional expenses while on the road. Please ensure you read our trip notes prior to leaving for exact inclusions.
What about the food?
There’s nothing more satisfying after a hard day of trekking or cycling than sitting down with a hearty meal at the end of the day, so we ensure that our meals are tasty, varied and have plenty of fresh ingredients! You can expect a combination of local and European dishes cooked under a high standard of hygiene. We also cater for vegetarians and dietary requirements and ensure meals are filling and delicious!
What about environmental impact?
We at World Expeditions hold a firm belief that adventure travel revolves around creating a strong working relationship within the environments we operate and the people we interact with. On our trips, we encourage all travellers to familiarise themselves with our Responsible Tourism Guide before you depart on your trip. We are a strong supporter of the 10 Pieces initiative which encourages travellers to take 10 pieces of rubbish every day while trekking, leaving the environment in a better condition than when we arrived.
Where do we stay?
We carefully select the accommodation you stay in on our trips to ensure it reflects the local character. While staying in cities, hotel rooms are on a twin share basis with private facilities. Remote communities, however, have more simple yet clean rooms with basic facilities. When in the field, you can expect the best possible camping experience complete with two person tents, toilet tent and a mess tent for dining together.
How safe is it?
We are proud to say that safety is our number one priority, and our staff continually review every aspect of your adventure. Our expert guides are fully conversant with the demands of travelling in remote regions.
What level of comfort can I expect?
On our trekking adventures we camp in comfort and style using the best equipment. Meals are cooked for you while our staff prepare the campsites while you sit back and relax. The same level of comfort is provided on our cycling and sea kayak adventures. Our staff ensure that your day to day needs are taken care of, and while on your trip you travel in comfortable private vehicles and local hotels (when not camping).
How fit do I have to be for an adventure travel holiday?
All trips with World Expeditions are graded from an introductory to advanced mountaineering grading system, and each grading has a different physical requirement for the trip. While we recommend that anyone joining on an adventure should have a reasonable level of health and fitness, it is essential that you read the detailed trip notes and training advice for some of the intermediate and advanced trips to ensure you are able to complete the trip safely.
Am I suited to small group travel?
If you have not been on a small group trip before, rest assured that World Expeditions trips are very flexible and allow you to do your own thing within the framework of the itinerary. The maximum group size on World Expeditions trips is 16 people – an ideal size for for minimal impact travel and small enough to be able to form lasting friendships with your fellow travellers.