“My husband and I took this tour and were lucky to be the only ones so had a driver/guide and cook to ourselves. We loved every bit of it, even though we had originally had reservations about a camping trip. The only thing we would have liked is a pillow an...“
Wild Dog Safaris was founded by Allan and Liz Kirby in 1997. The early days were considered as an adventure rather than a fully fledged business. The clients that traveled with these “Old Dogs” could see this and immediately became part of the pack. As the years hav...
Wild Dog Safaris was founded by Allan and Liz Kirby in 1997. The early days were considered as an adventure rather than a fully fledged business. The clients that traveled with these “Old Dogs” could see this and immediately became part of the pack. As the years have passed, the Company has grown in size and from strength to strength, forming and maintaining relationships with all its clients globally. The safari style Wild Dog Safaris initiated in the early years, has not changed that much. It has been its trademark and survives still in today’s competitive world. There is a certain romantic sense around it – climbing into a safari truck in your shorts, T-Shirt and sandals and surviving days of sun, dunes and wildlife. The initial anticipation and eventual emotions of meeting new people and the guides are all part of the excitement. New found friendships that will last a lifetime and the endless memories of images and adventure that this great country of Namibia will leave you. In April 2007 Allan Kirby was doing what he loved best, guiding a safari. However, the vehicle Allan was travelling in was involved in an accident. Allan broke his arm badly and was transferred to a Windhoek hospital where he underwent an operation to wire his elbow. The operation went well and Allan was looking forward to leaving hospital in the next few days. Then, early in the morning of 15 April, Allan suffered from an ” embolism”. Some bone marrow from his arm managed to make its way into his system and Allan passed away, very quickly, and we are told, with no pain or suffering. Allan is very much missed by us all but his passion lives on within us and we are proud to be running his safari company and giving so many people a chance to see Namibia the way Allan loved it best. The community that Wild Dog Safaris created years ago is still very much intact, but has just evolved and grown and can now through the internet media, share all its news and updates and in turn receive news from its own community. Wild Dog Safaris is here to stay and welcomes you all to join in on the great adventure.Read more
29 Wild Dog Safaris Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- MLMagdalena3 Day trip to the Namib Desert, including Sesriem and Sossusvlei5.0 - ExcellentWritten on February 1, 2018The tour was great. An informative and funny guide KK, a wonderful cook Joseph and stunning views of the Namib Desert. Comfortable camping with a lovely pool, f…Read more
- RMROBERT7 Day Northern Adventure4.5 - ExcellentWritten on October 26, 2017Well organized great value guide excellent (marcius)
- SGSimonne6 Day Taste of Namibia4.0 - GoodWritten on October 8, 2017Amazing trip with fantastic guides. Long days driving but well worthwhile
- IBIñigo3 Day Bushman & Batswana Tribes3.0 - AverageWritten on August 20, 2017Totally disappointed!! 2 hours with Bushmen and Batswana just 10 min dancing on the road to come back to Windhoek. The rest of the time you are on the road or …Read moreWild Dog Safaris commented on this reviewDear Inigo, Thank you for the feedback. We are following up with the supplier in regards to your feedback and will reply to you as soon as possible. Really sorry to hear that the trip did not meet your expectation. I will feedback as soon as possible Kind regards Christine
Wild Dog Safaris Tours
About Wild Dog Safaris
Wild Dog Safaris video
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 500+ carefully screened operators
- Read 60,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 20,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
Do I need to obtain a travel insurance to go on the safari?
Yes; you absolutely need travel insurance.