Walkabout Scotland Guides
10 Walkabout Scotland Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- Value for money
- 5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- RMRalucaNorth West Highlands5.0 - ExcellentWritten on October 1, 2017…and unforgettable. I'm already thinking on planning my next trip with Walkabout Scotland. I do admire the company's respect and love for nature an…Read more
- RERuthOrkney Encounter4.0 - GoodWritten on August 21, 2017Stunning countryside and excellent guide made for a great holiday. However, administration and communication from head office definitely needs improvement.
- GKGailWest Highland Way Adventure5.0 - ExcellentWritten on May 29, 2017No one could possibly be disappointed with our tour guide Davey, as well as the wonderful luggage transports from Tony & Marion. Wonderful, wonderful people in…Read moreWalkabout Scotland commented on this reviewThanks Gail! it was great to meet you too briefly - glad you enjoyed the WHW in our sunny weather!
- KRKathleenOrkney Encounter5.0 - ExcellentWritten on May 22, 2017Great guide, good accommodations, very interesting route. Really loved the history and archaeological sites. Great walks with lots of beautiful scenery.Walkabout Scotland commented on this reviewThanks a lot for the great review Kathleen! Cheers Jon
- GMGlendaHighland Railways & Hills4.5 - ExcellentWritten on June 27, 2016The tour leaders were excellent in their knowledge and provided great support for alternative travel due to Scotrail strikes. Food and accommodation high stand…Read moreWalkabout Scotland commented on this reviewThanks Glenda! It was great having you along. Cheers J
- KSKateWalkabout Scotland Glencoe and Ben Nevis Weekend4.5 - ExcellentWritten on November 9, 2014Met by Jon in rainy Edinburgh & the fab group I'd share the trip with. Getting the worst thing out the way, the van was near deaths door (oh that gearbox!) & a …Read more
- JJoWestern Lochs and Highlands4.5 - ExcellentWritten on July 9, 2014…too quickly with a short hike to the hidden Glen of Glencoe. Choosing Walkabout Scotland is for sure one of the best decisions I’ve (ever) made!…Read more
Walkabout Scotland Tours
About Walkabout Scotland
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 500+ carefully screened operators
- Read 60,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 20,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
Do you have vegetarian meal options?
No problem at all. Please notify us about any specific dietary requirements by the time of booking!
Do I have to carry my own bags each day?
No - all you need to carry during the day is a small day sack for hiking with. Your main luggage will be transported by us during any accommodation transfers.
How fit or experienced must I be to enjoy the tour?
We offer walking for all abilities and ages. A reasonable level of fitness is suggested for most of our tours, however previous hiking experience is not essential for many of our trips and we will provide enough guides to cater for different paces and levels of fitness. Our aim is to let you walk at a pace you will enjoy - whether that be an easy stroll or a full-on challenging ascent of our highest mountains. Please just call us if unsure.
Where do your tours depart from?
All our tours depart from Edinburgh city centre from the corner of Waverley Bridge and Market Street. This is just outside Waverley Train Station, near the Edinburgh Dungeons and immediately outside the Lothian Travel shop. Other pick-up points en-route can also be arranged if needed.
Do we need insurance for the trip duration?
We strongly recommend that you take out insurance for the duration of your trip to cover cancellation, injury, death, loss or damage to personal belongings and liability to third parties. All overseas visitors must have insurance to cover accident and repatriation. Our recommended Travel Insurance provider is WorldNomads.com.
How big are your groups?
Our walking tours and holidays are run in small groups of around 5-8 people, occasionally as many as 10. For groups of any more than 6 or 7 people we normally have a second guide on the trip. This enables us to keep the walking groups small, offer flexibility in the walks we do and for us to be able to take care of everyone in the group.