“The ship is beautiful, food is very good, on board entertainments are sufficient, staff is professional and well-liked. Tours are too rush and too short. Touring around on bus does not do justice to the cities we visited. In particular, we should have a 15...“
For nearly four decades, Uniworld has taken guests to the most spectacular destinations in Europe, Russia, Egypt, Vietnam, Cambodia, and China. In 2006, Uniworld was acquired by The Travel Corporation, a highly successful international travel group with over 25 awar...
For nearly four decades, Uniworld has taken guests to the most spectacular destinations in Europe, Russia, Egypt, Vietnam, Cambodia, and China. In 2006, Uniworld was acquired by The Travel Corporation, a highly successful international travel group with over 25 award-winning brands such as Trafalgar, Insight, Brendan, and Contiki, as well as Red Carnation Hotels—the award-winning five-star luxury hotel collection. The Travel Corporation has made major investments in Uniworld's ships and its people. The ultimate goal of these investments is to provide guests with a first-class European boutique cruise experience. Combining our sister companies’ expertise in tour planning and in first-class hotel management with our own decades of superior nautical experience has enabled Uniworld to create a new standard in luxury river cruising. Uniworld’s company-owned boutique river cruise ships Boutique hotel designers often invest considerable time, thought, and resources in creating destination-specific interior decor for their properties, and in choosing amenities that will assure an intimate, elegant yet relaxed experience for their guests. This same care and attention is apparent on each of Uniworld’s ten company-owned boutique ships. In the last few years, Uniworld has introduced several stunning new ships to its fleet and has completely remodeled and redesigned its existing ships so that all company-owned ships meet the highest standards of comfort and style. No matter their ship, Uniworld guests can travel from one exciting destination to the next with access to inviting lounges, cozy libraries, panoramic restaurants offering sumptuous cuisine, and lovely riverview staterooms. Uniworld’s Partners Additionally, the company jointly operates one river cruise ship, the Douro Spirit, in Portugal and another, the River Victoria, in Russia. Ships used in the Egypt program are under charter agreements, and, in China, space is booked through an affiliation with Victoria Cruises, China's premiere five-star river cruise ship company. Expect more personalized attention with Uniworld Uniworld employs an all English-speaking, professionally trained staff, so there are no language barriers and no problems with understanding what is being said or what's going on when you're onboard. All announcements are made only in English. Unlike many companies offering river cruise programs in Europe and elsewhere, Uniworld is an American company focused on North American travelers and other English-speaking clientele (as the trips are popular with Australians, British, Canadians, and South African travelers as well). Uniworld’s headquarters is located in Los Angeles, California, and it has an outstanding European operations team who reports directly to our Los Angeles headquarters, which allows us to have complete control over every aspect of product delivery: nautical, hospitality, and land. In addition, we have a satellite office in Arnhem, the Netherlands, and a China operations team in Beijing. By having operations teams located in these regions, Uniworld is able to react quickly and efficiently to any given challenge and/or emergency.Read more
6 Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- Value for money
- 3 / 5
- 5 / 5
- PLPieterTulips & Windmills (Amsterdam to Antwerp, 2018)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on April 10, 2018Good value for money very professional managed and staff were great
- AAnonymousEnchanting Danube (Passau to Budapest, 2018)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on April 8, 2018The attention to detail in accommodation, meals, comfort, etc
- AAnonymousEnchanting Danube (Passau to Budapest, 2018)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on April 8, 2018The staff were eager to please. We had great food, accommodations, ease of arrival and departure connections, tours, and comfort. Would highly recommend.
- AAnonymousEnchanting Danube (Passau to Budapest, 2018)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on March 25, 2018A beautiful relaxing cruise
Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection Tours
About Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection
Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection videos
- Main Page Video
- Uniworld's All-Inclusive Europe Boutique River Cruises
Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection Ships
- River CountessCompletely transformed in 2013, the 130 passenger River Countess is one of the most luxurious river cruise vessels to ply on Italy’… Read moreGuests130Crew41Length361 ftWidth37.5 ftSuites4Staterooms61
- S.S. CatherineLike other vessels in Uniworld’s impressive luxury river cruise fleet, the 443 feet long S.S. Catherine combines meticulous craftsm… Read moreGuests159Crew57Length443 ftWidth37.5 ftSuites6Staterooms74
- S.S Joie de VivreUniworld’s latest pride and joy, the magnificent S.S. Joie de Vivre, is symbolic of the quintessential French philosophy ‘joy… Read moreGuests128Length441 ftSuites10Staterooms54
- S.S. AntoinetteThe 443 feet long, 154 passenger S.S. Antoinette is one of most regal river cruise ships plying on Europe’s famous Rhine River. Evo… Read moreGuests154Crew57Length443 ftWidth37.5 ftSuites9Staterooms64
- S.S. Maria TheresaFeted by Cruise Critic as the ‘Best New River Ship’ for 2015, the 443 feet long, 150 passenger S.S. Maria Theresa river cruis… Read moreGuests150Crew57Length443 ftWidth37.5 ftSuites11Staterooms64
- River PrincessThere’s nothing quite like the vibrant foyer aboard the 130 passenger, River Princess to set a brilliant tone for your onward journ… Read moreGuests130Crew41Length361 ftWidth37.5 ftSuites4Staterooms61
- River AmbassadorLaunched in 1993 and completely renovated in 2011, the vibrant and stylish interiors of Uniworld’s River Ambassador are an undisput… Read moreBuilt1993 (refurbished 2011)Guests116Length361 ftSuites4Staterooms54
- River QueenThe 361 feet long River Queen is a unique beauty among highend European cruise ships. Her exterior is designed to resemble the charm… Read moreGuests128Crew41Length361 ftWidth37.5 ftSuites4Staterooms60
- River RoyaleThe 130 passenger, 361 feet long River Royale offers one of the most refined European river cruise experiences. Completely refitted in 20… Read moreGuests130Crew41Length361 ftWidth37.5 ftSuites1Staterooms64
- River DuchessThe 130 passenger luxury river cruise vessel, River Duchess, recently underwent a top to bottom refurbishment. Always decorated in style,… Read moreGuests130Crew41Length361 ftWidth37.5 ftSuites4Staterooms61
- River EmpressThe 361 feet long, 130 passenger River Empress revives nostalgic memories of simple but elegant river cruising. From the deep and beautif… Read moreGuests130Crew41Length361 ftWidth37.5 ftSuites4Staterooms61
- Queen IsabelDiscover the marvelous gems of Portugal’s world famous Douro Valley from the distinguished 258 feet long, 118 passenger River Isabe… Read moreGuests118Crew33Length258 ftWidth37.5 ftSuites20Staterooms39
- River ToscaUniworld’s 82 passenger, allsuite River Tosca vessel is a jewel on Egypt’s timeless Nile River. During a cruise, guests… Read moreGuests82Crew60Length236 ftWidth46 ftSuites2Staterooms39
- Ganges Voyager IIThe 185 feet long, 56 passenger Ganges Voyager II is an intimate vessel that provides a luxurious and serene atmosphere as its sails alon… Read moreGuests56Crew36Length185 ftWidth41 ftSuites5Staterooms23
- River VictoriaTravel back to the era of grand Russian imperialism, follow in the footsteps of legendary Tsars, explore iconic monuments and discover ti… Read moreGuests202Crew110Length423 ftWidth55 ftSuites10Staterooms91
- Century LegendCruise in 5 star luxury on board the 456 feet long, 398 passenger Century Legend as she charts her course along China’s spell bindi… Read moreGuests398Crew150Length456 ftWidth65 ftSuites2Staterooms34
- Century ParagonWith Asia fast becoming a red hot river cruising destination, the 398 passenger, 456 feet long Century Paragon contains all the luxurious… Read moreGuests398Length456 ft
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 600+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 25,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection Photos
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
Is it possible to book a triple cabin?
Triple bookings are allowed only in some suites onboard the S.S. Catherine and the S.S. Maria Theresa (excluding the Royal Suite). Please contact our cruise specialist for more information.
Do I need to complete a Passenger Information Form?
Due to immigration and security measures worldwide, passenger information must be fully completed and received by Uniworld by the time of final payment. Final documentation will not be processed without receipt of the Passenger Information Form. One completed form is required per guest.
What clothing should I take on the cruise?
It is always best to pack for a range of weather conditions, depending on the season and regions visited. Wearing layers will allow you to easily adjust to temperature changes.
Uniworld recommends wearing comfortable, smart-casual clothing both onshore and onboard. As well as sturdy walking shoes, as you will do a significant amount of walking on shore excursions, often over cobblestones or uneven terrain. A sun hat, rain gear, and a coat or wrap for chilly evenings are useful items to have. For dining ashore, concerts, special events onboard, etc., men may want to bring a sports jacket and women a cocktail dress or pantsuit. Neckties are optional. Please note that shorts are not allowed at dinner aboard the ship.
Is a laundry service available onboard?
Generally, most ships have either a self-serve laundrette (with ironing board) or laundry service for an additional fee. Unfortunately no dry cleaning services are available on any ship.
Are dietary requirements catered for?
Uniworld will do their very best to accommodate your dietary needs given the resources available to them. Just inform your cruise specialist in advance if you have specific dietary requests (e.g., low-fat, low-calorie, gluten-free, sugar-free, vegetarian, etc.). Uniworld also have a “Traveling Lite” menu for guests seeking more health-conscious options, as well as light lunches, vegetarian options, and generous buffets that offer something for everyone.
What is the electricity voltage?
Voltage in Europe and aboard the ships is 220v/50Hz with 2-pin “Schuko” outlets. All staterooms also have 110v outlets. If you are bringing electrical appliances from home they may require an adapter and/or converter.
Where will the ship dock?
In many ports, your river ship is able to dock within an easy walking distance of the historic city centre. However, in some circumstances, the ship may need to dock farther away and a motorcoach transfer will be provided when this happens. Unfortunately, docking locations are determined by the local harbour authorities, not Uniworld or the ship’s captain which they have to abide by.
How do I book optional excursions once onboard?
Optional excursions can be booked with your Cruise Manager and charged to your onboard account when you are onboard.
Is smoking allowed?
Smoking is not allowed aboard any sightseeing motorcoach and onboard your ship, smoking is allowed only in a designated area of the Sun Deck. Uniworld also asks guests to refrain from smoking on shore excursions/tours, especially since many historical sites and other tourist attractions in Europe are now smoke-free as well.
What happens if a major tourist site on the itinerary is closed?
In these rare situations, Uniworld will typically arrange a city tour or allow extra free time to explore the city's top sites on your own.