“I would schedule a trip that did not require 8-12 hours of driving between sites on many of the days of the trip. I would not include a trip to Tsingy de Bemaraha National Park, because going there required driving for 2 days each way, off the circuits th...“
- We Only Use Local Guides
- Arrival and Departure Transfers Included
- No Local Payments Required
- Maximum Group Size of 12 Travellers
- In Depth Cultural Tours
Undiscovered Destinations is an award winning, groundbreaking adventure travel company dedicated to providing truly authentic experiences in some of the world’s most exciting regions. Offering small group adventure holidays and tours, Undiscovered Destinations focus...
Undiscovered Destinations is an award winning, groundbreaking adventure travel company dedicated to providing truly authentic experiences in some of the world’s most exciting regions. Offering small group adventure holidays and tours, Undiscovered Destinations focuses on countries and regions that can genuinely be described as off the beaten track.Read more
5 Undiscovered Destinations Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- MKMadeleineAlbania, Kosovo and Macedonia - Hidden Europe5.0 - ExcellentWritten on October 6, 2019Very interesting well organised tour
- GCGillesNamibia Encompassed4.5 - ExcellentWritten on May 20, 2019Best experience of Namibia. Super guide that handled eventual issues very professionally. Lodges were very good. Excellent food, even vegetarian one. Buses coul…Read moreUndiscovered Destinations commented on this reviewThank you for your feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed the holiday.
- CWCHAUOman - From the Desert to the Coast5.0 - ExcellentWritten on February 14, 2019Good hotels and tour guide. Everything is well arranged and very good 4-wheel cars.Undiscovered Destinations commented on this reviewThank you.
- RRonMadagascar - Secrets of Madagascar3.5 - GoodWritten on October 17, 2018My wife and I recently completed the Undiscovered Destinations tour "Secrets of Madagascar". It was certainly an interesting experience but I would hesitate to …Read moreUndiscovered Destinations commented on this reviewDear Ron, Thank you for your feedback. I'm afraid that this tour was affected by schedule changes to Air Madagascar flights as we normally have 3 nights in Bekopaka for Tsingy de Bemaraha but this had to change due to schedule changes. Getting to the Tsingy and doing Petit Tsingy on arrival was not possible as the local authorities held the tour back so the group could travel in convoy with other vehicles due to safety concerns. This decision was taken locally and our local team were not aware of this to inform the office before departure. In these circumstances we must take the instructions given but obviously would have preferred to advise you before departure. The revised itinerary was devised by our local team in conjunction with the guides. We also had our team here in the office who know Madagascar very well, review the amendments. Unfortunately, even with the local knowledge, events on the ground also changed at the time and this meant things did not run as smoothly as we would have liked and driving times were then a lot longer than on our normal itinerary. We have also received feedback from other clients and Patrick regarding the tour and will be assessing these along with your comments to see where and how we can improve. Operating tours in countries such as Madagascar inevitably involves changes and challenges. We accept this and expect to learn from these experiences with the help of feedback such as this. Overall I’m glad that you enjoyed the trip despite the challenges. Thank you for taking the time to complete the feedback form and I hope that you will consider travelling with Undiscovered Destinations in the future,
- SPSueMadagascar - Secrets of Madagascar4.0 - GoodWritten on September 1, 2018I would schedule a trip that did not require 8-12 hours of driving between sites on many of the days of the trip. I would not include a trip to Tsingy de Bemar…Read moreUndiscovered Destinations commented on this reviewThank you for the review. We are delighted that overall you enjoyed the tour in Madagascar. Many of our clients find the trip to the Tsingy de Bemaraha National Park a highlight of the tour. The journey there is long but rewarding with plenty of stops along the way. When in the park, there are two paths that can be taken – the Grand Tsingy and the Petit Tsingy depending on your physical fitness and whether you are comfortable with heights. The Grand Tsingy path involves going through caves and some narrow canyons, and harnesses may be used for safety reasons. Habitat destruction and hunting have threatened many of Madagascar's endemic species. We believe that ecotourism such as our tour, with visits to the national parks and using local guides and accommodation, is the best way to protect and preserve the local ecosystems.
Undiscovered Destinations Tours
About Undiscovered Destinations
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 2500+ carefully screened operators
- Read 150,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose from over 40,000 tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this operator, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!