- Authentic travel experiences
- 60% of travellers are solo passengers
- Established for 30 years
- Travelling with like minded people
Awards & Recognitions
Tucan Travel Guides
228 Tucan Travel Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4 / 5
- 4 / 5
- 4 / 5
- Value for money
- 4 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- TCTaylorWat's Up Cambodia?3.0 - AverageWritten on October 16, 2017The accommodation was all for the most part, a lot better than I was expecting. The tour guide was informative and knowledgeable, but he didn't really have the …Read moreTucan Travel commented on this reviewHI Taylor, thanks for your comments and useful tips. The Wats up Cambodia tour is a whistlestop adventure through some of the most popular sites in South East Asia and because of the poor transport connections, it can sometimes take a while to travel from A to B. We like to think of this as part of the adventure however. We are pleased you enjoyed the tour but if you have any further feedback, don't hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- BSBernardJewels of Sri Lanka5.0 - ExcellentWritten on October 14, 2017I was on the same tour as Jaylyne, who wrote the review below. My experience was completely different. I found it to be a well-run trip with an excellent itiner…Read moreTucan Travel commented on this reviewThank you so much or your feedback Bernard. We are so pleased that you had such a good trip to Sri Lanka. We hope to have you on another trip soon.
- LRLyntonCanadian Rockies Adventure (from Vancouver to Calgary)4.5 - ExcellentWritten on October 12, 2017Absolutely loved this tour, five stars for sure! Our guide, David, clearly loves the Canadian Rockies and wanted to ensure we all had a great experience, saw th…Read moreTucan Travel commented on this reviewWe are so pleased you had such a good trip, Lynton. Hopefully we will see you on another trip again in the future.
- JalyneJewels of Sri Lanka2.0 - Rather poorWritten on October 7, 2017…ved a long email with an excuse for every shortcoming and essentially Tucan Travel was calling me a liar. The food was okay. On the second day w…Read moreTucan Travel commented on this reviewHi Jalyne, Thank you for your comments. First let me apologize as it seems your tour did not meet your expectations. Our tours to Sri Lanka normally sell out months in advance, however outside of peak season, during the time you travelled, our trips can run in smaller groups. Our Sri Lanka tours are not only some of our most popular, but also continually gather the highest feedback from our customers who come from around the world. With this in mind, we took your email to our Reservations Team, sent while you were on tour, incredibly seriously. It was immediately escalated to the most senior member of staff available and investigated by discreetly contacting your tour leader (who we are in daily contact with anyway) and their manager. We are sorry that our response did not lead to a resolution you were happy with. At the time, we did everything possible to explain our position and try to improve your enjoyment. Furthermore, many of the comments you have listed in this complaint were not mentioned to anyone here at Tucan Travel. If you have anything further to add, we recommend emailing email@example.com. Once again, we apologise that your trip was not what you hoped it would be. Kind regards, Jess @ Tucan Travel
- LSLornaBalkans Encompassed (18 destinations)3.0 - AverageWritten on October 1, 2017The trip overall was really well planned given the distance and number of countries covered. There was a really well thought out mix of cities, towns, coast an…Read moreTucan Travel commented on this reviewHi Lorna, thank you for your in-depth feedback on your Balkans Encompassed Tour. I'm really pleased that overall you enjoyed your trip with us. Our tour leaders always arrange group dinners if clients want them. They are entirely optional to attend but many people, particularly those travelling on their own, enjoy and request them. Group meals are an excellent way to socialise and get to know other members of the group and the tour leader will always try to find restaurants with western and local options on the menu, within an affordable price range. We do hope that this has not put you off future trips with us and we hope to welcome you on another tour soon.
- ToveTortuguero Costa4.0 - GoodWritten on September 16, 2017Great experience, especially if you want to experience fantastic wildlife!
- AAnonymousSouth East Asia Loop2.0 - Rather poorWritten on September 11, 2017…like these tainted the trip a great deal. I couldn't decide if it was Tucan or the guide that was ripping us off at every opportunity but ultimate…Read moreTucan Travel commented on this reviewWe are so sorry that your tour wasn't what you expected. The health and safety of our customers is our biggest priority so we are very concerned to read that you did not feel well looked after while on tour with us. In order for us to fully investigate your comments, we would really like you to email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks
- SPSusanCircuit of Iceland2.5 - AverageWritten on September 9, 2017Who is Tucan Tours? From the moment we arrived in Iceland, we never heard of them. …Read moreTucan Travel commented on this reviewHi Susan, We are really sorry that your tour didn't met your expectations. I assure you that we, at Tucan Travel, take feedback, good and bad, very seriously. Please could you email detailed feedback to email@example.com so that we can fully investigate and get back to you with our comments? All the best, Jess from Tucan Travel.
Tucan Travel Tours
About Tucan Travel
Tucan Travel videos
- The Road to Rio Carnival Day 3
- The Road to Rio Carnival Day 1
- The Road to Rio Carnival Day 2
- The Road to Rio Carnival Day 4
- The Road to Rio Carnival Day 5
- Show more...
- Main Page Video
- Cusco, Lima
- Machu Picchu
- On The Road with Tucan Travel, Africa
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Borneo Adventure
- Lake Titicaca
- The Amazon Jungle from Peru
- Sri Lanka
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Ultimate Travel Guide: Canada
- Colombia Encompassed
Why Tucan Travel?
Modular, Flexible Itineraries
Tucan Travel Benefits
Over 4000 Guaranteed Departures
Custom Trucks on Overland Tours
Awards & Recognitions
Exclusive benefits with
No Booking FeesTourRadar charges 0% booking fees and 0% credit card fees. You won’t find any hidden fees or additional surcharges with us. We want to #BoycottBookingFees Learn more
Best Price GuaranteeFound a better price elsewhere for the same trip? Send us the quote and we'll match it! Learn more
Earn Unlimited Travel CreditsEvery time you book with us or you invite someone to TourRadar, you get travel credits. Learn more
Tucan Travel Photos
Popular for Tucan Travel
Tucan Travel Story & History
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
What transport will be used?
Tucan Travel’s tours use a variety of transport. On most of their tours you will be using a combination of different public transport styles. This includes public buses, trains, overnight transport, tuk-tuks and taxis. Please be aware that as you will be taking public transport, then the baggage you bring must be easily able to carry whilst travelling.
On Africa tours and some South America tours you will be travelling on their custom-built overland trucks. They feature forward facing coach seats, safety belts, and plenty of leg room. The trucks are equipped with powerful engines and long range fuel tanks as well as ample storage and power sockets .
What is the best way to carry money while on the tour?
In most destinations (except for Europe and Cuba), all currency should be in US dollars. ATMs are the easiest way to withdraw money BUT you should never rely solely on them and always have a back-up of cash. Tucan Travel recommend travellers to bring as much US dollars cash (in small denomination bills with no rips, writing or other damage) or euro cash (depending on the destination) as you feel comfortable carrying.
Are meals included on the tour?
Meals vary from itinerary to itinerary. In many cases breakfasts are included, as well as meals whilst camping, such as on the Inca Trek. On tours that do not have meals included, Tucan Travel’s tour leaders will be able to recommend local restaurants for clients who want to try the region’s cuisine on their adventure.
How about the crime rate in each destinations?
Please read the travel safety notices issued by your government, purchase comprehensive travel insurance and take heed of your tour leader's advice when you arrive.
When will the travellers meet the tour leader?
On most group tours the tour leader will be at the joining hotel and will hold a pre-departure meeting in the late afternoon/early evening of day 1. On some shorter trips, you will not meet your tour leader until day 2, as these trips are parts of longer adventure travel tours.
Does Tucan Travel offer airport transfers?
In most cities, Tucan Travel offer arrival transfer services which can be booked for an additional charge. It is also easy to take a taxi to the joining hotel. Most airports have reliable pre-paid fixed priced taxi booths in the arrivals terminal. Please enquire if you would like to know if the tour you are interested in has a transfer included.
What things do I need to bring?
It depends entirely on each destination, the season and the activites you'll participate in. Some tours require sleeping bags, comfortable, hardy, waterproof shoes and waterproof clothing for outdoor activities, e.g. trekking. Bring long, light clothing for hot destinations and countries where you'll encounter conservative attitudes to dress.
What kind of luggage is recommended?
Tucan Travel recommends that travellers bring a soft frameless backpack or sports type bag. Wheeled luggage and suitcases are not recommended on Tucan Travel’s tours as these are not suitable for storage on the trucks or public transport. Travellers will need to carry their own luggage and should make sure to bring a comfortable bag that is light enough to carry. For tours travelling on our expedition or if you are travelling on a tour with internal flights, the luggage should not exceed 20 kilograms.
When is the arrival and departure on the tour?
Day 1 of all our group tours is simply a joining day and the last day is the official departure day so travellers can arrive/depart at any time on these days. In general the tour departs early on day 2 and returns in the afternoon/evening of the second to last day. Day 1 of our Expedition Cruises is often the departure day, unless it is packaged with pre cruise accommodation.
Why is a local payment required?
For travellers on the Adventures for 20s and 30s Tour, a local payment to the tour leader on day 1 in US dollars is required. In the rare event that there is a short fall in the local payment, travellers will be required to make an extra contribution.