“Overall really enjoyed the trip. Good accommodation and there was a lot of varied and fun activities. Staying in three locations was ideal, not having to pack up and move everyday this allowed us to see all that each area had the offer. The cooking class w...“
Awards & Recognitions
- Free Airport pick up
- All accommodation, activities & transport included
- Help & support the whole time
- Won Guide of the year Award 2016
TruTravels run short group tours in and around Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam and Bali. These tours are aimed at backpacker style travelers, suiting young people who want to have the best time of their life with minimal hassle. Unlike the traditional tour companies, al...
TruTravels run short group tours in and around Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam and Bali. These tours are aimed at backpacker style travelers, suiting young people who want to have the best time of their life with minimal hassle. Unlike the traditional tour companies, all tours have been put together and are run by backpackers and travelers like yourself. TruTravels pride themselves on running tours that feel more like traveling around with a group of old friends, than what people perceive as a tour group. TruTravels is a small company made up of experienced travelers and backpackers, which allows them to keep the costs of their trips down by using local knowledge. By keeping the hefty margin away, unlike other big tour operators, they can offer great value for money travel experiences, all because they love what they do and want to provide their travelers with the best experience of South East Asia possible.Read more
3,186 TruTravels Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- PPaulinaBrychcyTru Thailand Island Hopper4.0 - GoodWritten on May 24, 2018It was an Amazing trip :) Oneway and Lish Are so nice and helped to get our dreams come true!
- SSarahCartnerTru Northern Thailand & Beaches5.0 - ExcellentWritten on May 24, 2018literally had the best month of my life, I've absolutely fallen in love with Thailand.
- SSilvanaTru Bali Experience5.0 - ExcellentWritten on May 23, 2018The tour was good as we got a choice to join in it do our own thing. The monkey forest, snorkeling and cooking class was amazing. Overall all the activities wer…Read moreTruTravels commented on this reviewIts our job at TruTravels to guarantee that you will have an experience of a lifetime and its your job to just relax, unwind and have an amazing time! Looking forward to seeing you on another trip! Welcome to the TruFam :)
- SShaunaTru Bali Experience5.0 - ExcellentWritten on May 23, 2018My experience of this tour was amazing! Cannot wit to do another. Can’t pick jut one favourite activity. Surfing was great so fun! Finishing in gili t was nice,…Read moreTruTravels commented on this reviewGlad to see you had an amazing time on our Bali Experience! Not only is it hard deciding what was your favourite part of the trip but deciding what tour you want to go on next! The adventures in south east Asia have just begun! Glad to have you as part of the TruFam :)
- AlastairTru Bali Experience5.0 - ExcellentWritten on May 22, 2018Tour was very good! Everyday was completely different but equally as good. Snorkeling trip because we had many different trips and saw statues, turtles and also…Read moreTruTravels commented on this reviewIt's always a good idea to go snorkelling and then have a beverage or two! Hopefully your next adventure will be just around the corner because you are part of the TruFam now! :)
- LLilygrahamTru Bali Experience4.0 - GoodWritten on May 19, 2018Bali was pretty darn decent. I loved learning to surf, but also just hanging out and playing cards with the group. I think that the tour was very well organised…Read moreTruTravels commented on this reviewHow could you not have have learning to surf in Bali? Love seeing your pics! Can't wait to see you on another tour seeings as you are now part of the TruFam ;)
- IIsabellaTru Bali Experience5.0 - ExcellentWritten on May 19, 2018Really enjoyed everything we did. Great value for money and great way to see everything within the country. Would have been nice to have a return from gili inc…Read moreTruTravels commented on this reviewSo glad to hear that you had an amazing time on our trip! I love the pics :) your part of the TruFam now and we can't wait to see you again!
- LeslieTru Northern Thailand Adventure4.5 - ExcellentWritten on May 19, 2018Great tour! Perfect balance between culture and adventure. Enough free time to explore and guide was very knowledgeable and helpful arranging other activities! …Read moreTruTravels commented on this reviewThanks for the shout out! It makes our day to know that we were able help you have an amazing experience while travelling. Hope to see you again soon, your part of the TruFam now!!! :)
- TTamaraLindhoutTru Bali Experience5.0 - ExcellentWritten on May 18, 2018An amazing experience! We've seen so much in just a short amount of time, all the group leaders do everything to give you the best experience. Would really reco…Read moreTruTravels commented on this reviewLove, love, love, the pics! Thanks for the shout out :) Your part of the TruFam now and we are looking forward to seeing you again!
- AAlisonEwingTru Bali Experience5.0 - ExcellentWritten on May 18, 2018Overall really enjoyed the trip. Good accommodation and there was a lot of varied and fun activities. Staying in three locations was ideal, not having to pack u…Read moreTruTravels commented on this reviewSo glad to hear that you had an amazing experience on our trip. You are part of the TruFam now and we can't wait to help you plan your next adventure! Please don't hesitate with sharing your photos we would love to see them!
- Main Page Video
- TruTravels 18 day Thailand Island Hopper
- TruTravels 8 day Thailand Experience
- Thai Khmer Explorer
- 13 Day Full Moon
- Show more...
- Half Moon Experience
- Vietnam Backpackers
- Why Travel with TruTravels?
- Experience Bali with TruTravels
- Cambodia Monkey Ladder
- 14 Day Northern Thailand Adventure
- 21 Day Northern Thailand & Beaches
- 10 Day Bali Experience
- Bali & Beyond
- Cambodia Explorer
By Travelers, For Travelers
Youthful And Fun Tours
Like Minded Travelers
Shorter, Convenient Tours
Awards & Recognitions
- "What's up! My name is Colin, residing from Canada I came out to escape the cold and explore Thailand…"
- "Wassssup guys I'm Dave ! I'm big hairy and tattooed and loving taking you lot around awesome new places…"
- "So my name is Alicia, but I just go by Lish! I'm your average 1/2 Canadian 1/2 British girl with a love…"
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 500+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 20,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
TruTravels Story & History
Back in 2012, TruTravels was started on the idea that life was not about being stuck in the rat race and working boring jobs. Joe Fallon and Mark Pope had “lived the dream” previously, working and traveling throughout Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji and Europe for several years, and decided that they needed a change. They started TruTravels.
After meeting in a London Pub, they decided that they should change it up a bit, and went to start doing what they really wanted to do; live in paradise. They wanted to show people the time of their lives in paradise, and this became the blueprint for their plan; to provide life changing experiences for backpackers and travelers, by backpackers and travelers. To this day, TruTravels still does this, and continues to provide travelers the opportunity to go on a hassle free holiday, that is still adventurous, and prepares them for any further solo journeys into the future.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
What's the food like in Nepal?
Food in Nepal is reminiscent of Indian cuisine, full of aromatic herbs and spices, there are an endless amount of dishes which are bound to make your taste buds tingle. Again be aware that some of the dishes available will be quite spicy so be sure to confirm with your waiter how you want your meal prepared.
What's the food like in Cambodia?
The food in Cambodia is a rich blend of sweet and spice, even in their curries. Though for those not so keen on the local delicacies, don’t worry, there is a large expat community across many of the towns and cities which provide traditional dishes from around the globe.
What's the food like in Thailand?
Food in Thailand has an intense range and is very full of flavours. Thai cooking places emphasis on lightly prepared dishes with strong aromatic components and lots of spice.
What is the accommodation on the tour?
Trutravels accommodation is comfortable and safe with most nights being based on twin share accommodation.
What is the current weather conditions in the tour destinations?
Thailand can be generally described as hot and humid. The weather all over the country is different in different months. During the months of September to November it’s a little rainier down in the South, but don’t worry, it’s not cold rain!
Cambodia is blessed with one of Asia’s simpler weather systems and despite having two distinct seasons, it’s great to travel in all-year-round. The dry season is from October to late April, and the wet season is May to late September.
The weather in Nepal varies more than it does in Thailand and Cambodia. Nepal has four seasons: Winter (December-January), Pre-Monsoon (March-June) Monsoon (June-September) and Post-Monsoon (September-December). Both pre and post-monsoon soon season are clear and you’ll usually experience sunny days and cool nights.
How do I obtain a visa?
Thailand, Cambodia and Nepal all grant 30 day Visas on arrival to a majority of countries - but it is recommended to check with your local embassy as it varies greatly depending on the countries you will be visiting and your nationality.
How can I check where people are at a given point on the tour?
Have a look at the tour itineraries and you can also get in touch directly with the Tru-Crew at any point while the tour is in progress.
Can TruTravels help with onward travel?
Yes, during the trip they enquire about the onward travel of the group members, so if need be, they can assist and help arrange everything before their tour is over. Please contact us and we will be happy to assist you.
Is it safe to travel on the destinations of the tour?
Everyday life is still much the same in Thailand, Cambodia and Nepal. Trutravels have an office in Koh Phangan, in the area of Thongsala. They also have an office in the UK. This ensures they know exactly what’s happening ‘on the ground’ and our Tru-Crew will keep you informed if there is anything to take note of.
How much is the recommended budget for two weeks of travel?
In depends on your tour. With approximately £200, you can enjoy yourself as the tours are mostly all-inclusive (except for meals).