“My trip to Thailand has been amazing. The tour group were such a nice group of girls who made me feel so welcome. Our your guide BEE was so helpful and friendly. Some parts of the tour such as the bike riding and jungle trek were difficult but i am so glad...“
Awards & Recognitions
- Free Airport pick up
- All accommodation, activities & transport included
- Help & support the whole time
- Won Guide of the year Award 2016
TruTravels run short group tours in and around Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam and Bali. These tours are aimed at backpacker style travelers, suiting young people who want to have the best time of their life with minimal hassle. Unlike the traditional tour companies, al...
TruTravels run short group tours in and around Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam and Bali. These tours are aimed at backpacker style travelers, suiting young people who want to have the best time of their life with minimal hassle. Unlike the traditional tour companies, all tours have been put together and are run by backpackers and travelers like yourself. TruTravels pride themselves on running tours that feel more like traveling around with a group of old friends, than what people perceive as a tour group. TruTravels is a small company made up of experienced travelers and backpackers, which allows them to keep the costs of their trips down by using local knowledge. By keeping the hefty margin away, unlike other big tour operators, they can offer great value for money travel experiences, all because they love what they do and want to provide their travelers with the best experience of South East Asia possible.Read more
6,267 TruTravels Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- VVictoriaMcdowellNorthern Thailand Adventure4.5 - ExcellentWritten on August 15, 2019My trip to Thailand has been amazing. The tour group were such a nice group of girls who made me feel so welcome. Our your guide BEE was so helpful and friendly…Read moreTruTravels commented on this reviewHey Victoria! Thank you for your review! Great to hear you enjoyed your time in Thailand :) Welcome to the TruFam!
- Main Page Video
- TruTravels 18 day Thailand Island Hopper
- TruTravels 8 day Thailand Experience
- Thai Khmer Explorer
- 13 Day Full Moon
- Show more...
- Half Moon Experience
- Vietnam Backpackers
- Why Travel with TruTravels?
- Experience Bali with TruTravels
- Cambodia Monkey Ladder
- 14 Day Northern Thailand Adventure
- 21 Day Northern Thailand & Beaches
- 10 Day Bali Experience
- Bali & Beyond
- Cambodia Explorer
- TourRadar presents Bali's Beaches & Islands
- TourRadar presents Tegallalang Rice Terrace
- TourRadar presents The Dambulla Cave Temple
- TourRadar presents Ella to Kandy by Train
- TourRadar presents Sigiriya Rock
- TourRadar presents Chiang Mai
- TourRadar presents Island Hopping in Thailand
By Travelers, For Travelers
Youthful And Fun Tours
Like Minded Travelers
Shorter, Convenient Tours
Awards & Recognitions
- "What's up! My name is Colin, residing from Canada I came out to escape the cold and explore Thailand…"
- "Wassssup guys I'm Dave ! I'm big hairy and tattooed and loving taking you lot around awesome new places…"
- "So my name is Alicia, but I just go by Lish! I'm your average 1/2 Canadian 1/2 British girl with a love…"
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 1000+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose from over 40,000 tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
TruTravels Story & History
Back in 2012, TruTravels was started on the idea that life was not about being stuck in the rat race and working boring jobs. Joe Fallon and Mark Pope had “lived the dream” previously, working and traveling throughout Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji and Europe for several years, and decided that they needed a change. They started TruTravels.
After meeting in a London Pub, they decided that they should change it up a bit, and went to start doing what they really wanted to do; live in paradise. They wanted to show people the time of their lives in paradise, and this became the blueprint for their plan; to provide life changing experiences for backpackers and travelers, by backpackers and travelers. To this day, TruTravels still does this, and continues to provide travelers the opportunity to go on a hassle free holiday, that is still adventurous, and prepares them for any further solo journeys into the future.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
What's the food like in Nepal?
Food in Nepal is reminiscent of Indian cuisine, full of aromatic herbs and spices, there are an endless amount of dishes which are bound to make your taste buds tingle. Again be aware that some of the dishes available will be quite spicy so be sure to confirm with your waiter how you want your meal prepared.
What's the food like in Cambodia?
The food in Cambodia is a rich blend of sweet and spice, even in their curries. Though for those not so keen on the local delicacies, don’t worry, there is a large expat community across many of the towns and cities which provide traditional dishes from around the globe.
What's the food like in Thailand?
Food in Thailand has an intense range and is very full of flavours. Thai cooking places emphasis on lightly prepared dishes with strong aromatic components and lots of spice.
What is the accommodation on the tour?
Trutravels accommodation is comfortable and safe with most nights being based on twin share accommodation.
What is the current weather conditions in the tour destinations?
Thailand can be generally described as hot and humid. The weather all over the country is different in different months. During the months of September to November it’s a little rainier down in the South, but don’t worry, it’s not cold rain!
Cambodia is blessed with one of Asia’s simpler weather systems and despite having two distinct seasons, it’s great to travel in all-year-round. The dry season is from October to late April, and the wet season is May to late September.
The weather in Nepal varies more than it does in Thailand and Cambodia. Nepal has four seasons: Winter (December-January), Pre-Monsoon (March-June) Monsoon (June-September) and Post-Monsoon (September-December). Both pre and post-monsoon soon season are clear and you’ll usually experience sunny days and cool nights.
How do I obtain a visa?
Thailand, Cambodia and Nepal all grant 30 day Visas on arrival to a majority of countries - but it is recommended to check with your local embassy as it varies greatly depending on the countries you will be visiting and your nationality.
How can I check where people are at a given point on the tour?
Have a look at the tour itineraries and you can also get in touch directly with the Tru-Crew at any point while the tour is in progress.
Can TruTravels help with onward travel?
Yes, during the trip they enquire about the onward travel of the group members, so if need be, they can assist and help arrange everything before their tour is over. Please contact us and we will be happy to assist you.
Is it safe to travel on the destinations of the tour?
Everyday life is still much the same in Thailand, Cambodia and Nepal. Trutravels have an office in Koh Phangan, in the area of Thongsala. They also have an office in the UK. This ensures they know exactly what’s happening ‘on the ground’ and our Tru-Crew will keep you informed if there is anything to take note of.
How much is the recommended budget for two weeks of travel?
In depends on your tour. With approximately £200, you can enjoy yourself as the tours are mostly all-inclusive (except for meals).