“An amazing hike in the mountains! The vistas were to die for. Our muleteer and cook Abdul provided fresh, flavourful and varied meals on mountain passes and in the gites. The accommodation was spartan to say the least, but always clean. Our guide Ali was v...“
Trek in Morocco Guides
Houssine is the co-founder of Mountain Travel Morocco. He was born in Imlil and specializes in treks in Morocco and the Atlas Mountains. With 13 years of experience in sharing Morocco with visitors and speaking 6 languages including French , English, Spanish, and Ge...
Houssine is the co-founder of Mountain Travel Morocco. He was born in Imlil and specializes in treks in Morocco and the Atlas Mountains. With 13 years of experience in sharing Morocco with visitors and speaking 6 languages including French , English, Spanish, and German he guides one day trips to multi – day treks in the Mountains and Sahara Desert. With a smile on his face he shares his extensive knowledge of his home country. Graduated from the “ Royal Moroccan Federation of Skiing and Mountaineering. Accredited assessor for Duke of Edinburgh expedition. Co-founder of Mountain travel Travel Company – Imlil – Atlas Mountains Licence N° 20P/11 . Owner of Dar Ouassagou in Imlil , highly recomended by Lonely planet travel book 2011. Why Choose us? Experiences are tailor-made to fit your needs and aspirations perfectly. First-hand knowledge of what it takes to create a unique and memorable experience, and how to avoid mistakes. We know our destinations inside out and we make an effort to know you well, providing real insight in creating your ideal trip We will not offer a trip anywhere that we haven’t been to ourselves. Can’t find what your looking for? If you have not found what you are looking for in our pre–planned itineraries, we are more than happy to put together a trip for you. Whether you are looking for individual or private group tours, combined Sahara Desert and Atlas Mountain trips, or family trips we are here to help. We also arrange Atlas Mountain Ski trips (seasonally), Mountain Bike and 4×4 trips. Just fill out our contact form, send us an email or give us a call with your ideas and we will work together to create your trip of a lifetime! Why you will love Morocco Morocco is quite simply, an incredible trekking destination including: the Atlas mountains Jebel Toubkal, Jabel M’goun, Jebel siroua and the Jbel Saghro. Depending on your fitness level, and season, you can trek, walk or ramble in different regions of Morocco. The Atlas Mountains host several 4,000m+ peaks and the mountain landscape is dramatic and beautiful, dotted with ancient small Berber villages and rushing melt water streams. For those with a love of the great outdoors activities, there are some fantastic treks in the the Atlas Mountains, with deep valleys,Berber Villages and magnificent views. back Essaouira offers Atlantic rollers, fresh fish and relaxation, whilst the long journey to the Saharan sand dunes of Erg Chebbi is rewarded by a sunset camel trek and a night camping under the stars. For culture lovers, it doesn’t get much better than the Morocco, a country brimming with Unesco World Heritage sites. There are some excellent mosaics, medersas and Roman ruins to be found in the Imperial cities of Fes, Meknes and Rabat. And then there is Marrakech, the jewel in Morocco’s crown. An intoxicating city, with lively souks and the unforgettable Djemma El Fna, complete with acrobats, story tellers and snake charmers.Read more
23 Trek in Morocco Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- ABerber Village Trek (4 days)3.5 - GoodWritten on October 13, 2018Spectacular scenery. Don’t forget your own toilet paper and a towel.
- KurtMerzouga, Ait Benhadou, Dades & Todra gorges (3 days)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on May 31, 2018The tour was great and the guide was phenomenal. However, I would recommend going longer than three days - the third day was mostly driving to get back to Marr…Read more
- AayalahlouaniImperial City Tour Morocco4.5 - ExcellentWritten on May 11, 2018Good , thanks for help we love morocco
- VSVeronicaMerzouga, Ait Benhadou, Dades & Todra gorges (3 days)2.5 - AverageWritten on April 23, 2018I was told I had the best price guarantee after I booked online.... however I found out I paid over 130€ more than EVERYBODY else on my exact same tour. Save yo…Read moreTrek in Morocco commented on this reviewHi Veronica, Thank you for your Comment , If you remember others who paid cheaper are getting shared rooms and no lunch included . But for you we includ lunches and private single rooms in hotels ... Thats why you paid more then others . I hope you can undertand why you paid more then others . Best Regards
Trek in Morocco Tours
About Trek in Morocco
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 1000+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 25,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
What is not included in the price?
Accommodation in Marrakech.
Bottled or Mineral water during the trek.
Ski equipment (Ski Touring), Crampons, Ice Axes,…
Medical or accident insurance.
Personal gear (sleeping bags, shoes, ….)
What is included in the price?
Transfer from Marrakech at the start and transfer to Marrakech at the end of the trek (to be agreed during the reservation time).
Accommodation on the trek. This is usually in tents, occasionally in Berber houses or a refuge (depending on the trek chosen and season).
All meals on the trek. Meals are freshly prepared and cooked and are typical Moroccan dishes (tajine, soup, couscous) , tea and coffee included with all meals.
The services of a qualified, experienced English or French spanish-speaking mountain guide.
Mules, muleteers and cook. The mules carry your heavy luggage (a rucksack or holdall is recommended). You only need carry a day pack.
Can I change the trek?
Yes the trek can be changed if you ask for that, or if the weather condition require the trekking route to be altered to ensure your safety
What is the Accommodation during the trek?
That depends on season, itinerary and clients interest, we use tents, local houses and mountain huts.
Do you pick us up from where we stay in Marrakech?
All our driver know Marrakech and any where in Morocco like the back of their hands, so we can pick you up from where ever you stay.
What is the duration of the Treks that Trek in Morocco organize?
The duration of the trek always depends on the region and on your interest, treks can be as short as 1 day to as long as a month.
What sort of Experience do your guides have?
All our guides are locals and all registered with Minister of Tourisme , they are all certified by the only guide training center in Morocco which is Centre de Formation aux Metiers de Montagne, they all speak English, French, Spanish and German.