Awards & Recognitions
- An effortless, authentic and fun holiday
- VIP: exclusive access to selected sights
- Be my guest: dine with the locals
- More destinations & more types of vacations
Trafalgar has been hand crafting unique guided holidays for nearly 70 years. They were the first to introduce travellers to the local experience and continue today where destinations come to life through their hand-picked insider experiences. They pave the way by pr...
Trafalgar has been hand crafting unique guided holidays for nearly 70 years. They were the first to introduce travellers to the local experience and continue today where destinations come to life through their hand-picked insider experiences. They pave the way by presenting locals who share their stories, culture, and cuisine With over 230 holidays in Europe, North, Central & South America, Australia, New Zealand and Asia Trafalgar offers new ways to travel every year. Choose between 11 travel styles created to satisfy even the most travelled individual. So whether you wish to explore in an intimate group to less visited destinations or travel with your entire family, Trafalgar offers the perfect range of tours that tailors to your needs.Read more
1,409 Trafalgar Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- RSRichardImperial Europe With Oberammergau (Summer, 12 Days)1.0 - BadWritten on May 21, 2020Savages....Total crooks!
- KathleenSpanish Wonder5.0 - ExcellentWritten on April 23, 2020She was the best Trafalgar director of our five trips. Helpful. Delightful well educated on our trip stops.
- CKCaitlinSpain Morocco And Portugal (13 destinations)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on March 24, 2020A fantastic tour! A well balanced itinerary, good accomodations and an amazing guide. Javier was excellent and always went above and beyond for us. Highly recom…Read moreTrafalgar commented on this reviewIt’s always great to hear when our guests are returning home from our guided holidays with fond memories and a thirst for even more travel experiences, as such we thank you for sharing such a positive review of the Spain, Morocco and Portugal trip. What's more, it certainly pleases us to learn that Javier left such a good impression on your trip, ensuring that you had a wonderful travel experience. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our unique way of travelling, and we look forward to our next shared journey, wherever in the world you decide that might be.
- MarigoldNorthern Discovery5.0 - ExcellentWritten on March 23, 2020Northern discovery tour was informative and funTrafalgar commented on this reviewThank you for putting through your feedback. We couldn’t be happier to learn that the Northern Discovery guided holiday proved to be as intriguing, memorable and thoroughly enjoyable as you had been looking forward to. It was certainly our pleasure to welcome you on this journey, and we hope that you will join us on another of Trafalgar’s guided holidays in the future, wherever in the world you decide that might be.
- KHKarlaReal Britain (9 Days)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on March 21, 2020Arnaud was kind and a pleasure. The stops were well thought out and covered the highlights. Almost all the hotels were nice, clean, and pleasant stays. We trave…Read moreTrafalgar commented on this reviewThank you for taking the time to share our feedback with us here at Trafalgar. No one knows how to provide a better experience for our guests than our dedicated Travel Directors. Therefore, we are delighted that you and your families holiday was made easier by the kindness thoughtfulness of Arnaud. What's more, it’s wonderful to read that you thoroughly enjoyed our carefully curated itinerary. With this in mind, we hope that you will join us again for another seamless and carefree adventure, wherever and whenever you decide that might be.
- VMVictorSpanish Wonder5.0 - ExcellentWritten on March 20, 2020Great experience. Our guide Christian was amazing. My group doing the tour with me was great!Trafalgar commented on this reviewThank you for sharing feedback about your time on the Spanish Wonder guided holiday, as this first-hand insight is very important to us. We always appreciate reading about our guests' time spent on the road with us and are delighted to learn that your Travel Director, Christian, ensured you had a truly fantastic travel experience. It was certainly our pleasure to welcome you on this journey, and we hope that you will join our highly skilled team again soon to travel to more unique destinations.
- SQScottSydney's Food and Wine Discovery2.0 - Rather poorWritten on March 19, 2020Poor communication from tourradar., always busy and answers where vague. For example I asked several times for the name and number of a contact in Australia be…Read moreTrafalgar commented on this reviewThank you for taking the time to share your review of Sydney's Food and Wine Discovery guided holiday. To begin, we regret to hear of any miscommunication that may have occurred before the start of your trip, and we hope that this rare instance did not take too much away from your experience with Trafalgar. Our guests' satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us, so please rest assured that this feedback has been shared with our Reservations Department to make sure that the necessary steps are taken to ensure a better experience in the future. Furthermore, as is common at most hotel accommodations, pricing is based on double occupancy; therefore, solo travellers who wish to have a room to themselves are offered the choice to pay a single supplement, which guarantees their privacy. This supplement covers the cost difference between half of a shared double room and a single which naturally costs more. On another point, we note that there were certain aspects of the itinerary that you felt could have been improved upon. Here at Trafalgar, we take our guests’ feedback very seriously, so please be assured that your comments are being given the full attention they deserve to establish what potential improvements we might make going forward with this particular trip. That said, even though our coaches rarely travel for longer than a couple of hours without a visit or photo opportunity, it is sometimes necessary to travel for longer between destinations due to the sheer size of the country. Despite the above, we still hope that you have taken lots of lasting highlights from your time away with us, and that we will have the chance to improve your impression of our guided holidays in the future.
- ThomasCosta Rica Eco Adventure End San Jose (7 destinations)4.0 - GoodWritten on March 16, 2020Excellent guide and beautiful country. All lodgings were well away from other local places making personal exploring difficult. Lodgings were good otherwise. …Read moreTrafalgar commented on this reviewThank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on the Costa Rica Eco Adventure guided holiday. We always like to know where we are going right and where we could be making improvements. To begin, we are concerned to hear that you may have found the size of your group to be too large at certain points on this trip. All of our trips and itineraries are designed to comfortably accommodate up to fifty guests at a time, and during peak seasons, we do often operate at full capacity. Nevertheless, we appreciate your concern and have shared this with our Operations Department for their consideration. To continue, we would like to apologize for any discomfort you seem to have experienced whilst on-board the coach; this is something that we will certainly raise with our Transportation Department for their review and to establish what improvements might be made going forward. Furthermore, we regret to read that you did not find the hotels to be conveniently located and we are sorry this had affected your appreciation of the destinations visited. Nonetheless, it's great to read that you enjoyed discovering the beautiful hand-picked destinations on our carefully crafted itinerary, and what's more, it's great to know that it was all in the good company of your dedicated and knowledgeable Travel Director. With that said, we are always striving to make our experiences even better. Therefore, we hope that you will join us again on another of Trafalgar's guided holidays in the future when we can demonstrate all of the new great elements that we have included in our itineraries.
- LelandEuropean Whirl (End Paris, 14 Days)4.0 - GoodWritten on March 13, 2020The City tours were really rushed, but that is inevitable when trying to fit so much sight-seeing in. Our heads were SO FULL OF INFO in Rome! I wish we could …Read moreTrafalgar commented on this reviewThank you for sharing feedback, as this first-hand insight is very important to us. To begin, we are sorry that you felt not enough time was spent at the iconic sights in the different cities visited on the itinerary. As we try to cater to our guests’ personal style of travelling, we provide a variety of trip styles which allow for different ways to explore these unique destinations. Having that in mind, the European Whirl is one of our ‘Discoveries’ trip style, which focuses more on exploring several countries at a faster pace. Therefore, in order to arrive at all of the destinations and complete the itinerary on time, we have to allocate a specific amount of time at each location. However, we appreciate you sharing your thoughts regarding the pace of the itinerary with us and as a result, we have passed your comments on to our Product Development Team for their consideration going forward. That said, we still hope that you have taken lots of lasting highlights from your trip, and that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you on another of Trafalgar’s guided holidays in the future.
- JSJohnTastes Of Southern Australia4.0 - GoodWritten on March 3, 2020The tour guide, Delma, was excellent: very informative and excellent. The itinerary was rather boring.Trafalgar commented on this reviewTo begin, we are saddened to read that the itinerary did not meet your expectations on this occasion, given that the complete satisfaction of our guests is an absolute priority. Please rest assured that your feedback will be forwarded to our Product Development Department for further review as a result. Despite this, we are pleased to know that our Travel Director has provided a more accurate representation of the quality of our standards, and we hope you will consider travelling with Trafalgar again, and give us the chance to improve your impression of our guided holidays in the future.
- Main Page Video
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Europe and Britain Guided Holidays with Trafalgar in 2015
- Trafalgar Travel Directors – discover their passion
- Show more...
- Live for the moments and discover the world with Trafalgar
- Take Yourself on a Journey
- Ultimate Travel Guide: Canada
- Love Travel?
- An Insiders Guide to Rome
- Learn to cook like an Italian!
- An Insider's Guide to Venice
- Oregon Wine Country
- It's time to meet your Hawaiian Host
- Connect With Locals - Seville
- Hidden Gems - London
- Connect with Locals - Wales
- The Icons | Seville, Spain
- The Icons | Paris, France
- Dive Into Culture | Glengoyne Distillery | Scotland, UK
- Stays with Stories | Las Casa de la Judeira | Seville, Spain
- Trafalgar | The Good Life | USA Overview
- Trafalgar Travel | The Good Life | Croatia
- Trafalgar Travel | The Good Life | Scandinavia
- Trafalgar Travel | The Good Life | Spain
- Stays with Stories | Ashford Castle | Ireland
- Dive Into Culture | Guiness Storehouse | Dublin, Ireland
- Stays with Stories | The Phoenix | Copenhagen, Denmark
- Connect With Locals | Ovre Eide Farm | Beren, Norway
- Stays with Stories | Laggan Gaskmore | The Highlands, Scotland
- Connect With Locals | Wild Kitchen | County Clare, Ireland
- Connect With Locals | France
- Hidden Gems | Dublin
- Make A Difference | Quarry Bank | Chesire
- Dive Into Culture | L'Atelier De Chefs | Paris, France + Hidden Gems | Paris, France
- Connect With Locals | Dubrovnik, Croatia
- Connect With Locals | Hvar, Croatia
- Hidden Gems | Havar, Croatia
- Hidden Gems | Dubrovnik, Croatia
- The Icons | London, England
- Connect With Locals | Castello Del Trebbio | Florence, Italy + Dive Into Culture | Chef Libero | Florence, Italy
- Connect With Locals | Groves | California
- Connect With Locals | O'o Farm | Hawaii
- Connect With Locals | Willamette Winery | Oregon
- Make A Difference | Perugia | Italy
- Connect With Locals | Muhammad Ali Center | Louisville
- Connect With Locals | The Elms | Natchez + Dive Into Culture | Frogmore Plantation | Natchez
- Dive Into Culture | Cash on Cash | Nashville + Hidden Gems | Nashville, USA
- Stays with Stories | Omni Parker Hotel | Boston
- Hidden Gems | New Orleans
- TourRadar presents Alberta in Summer
- TourRadar presents Alberta in Winter
- TourRadar presents Ganga Aarti at Varanasi
- TourRadar presents The Sorrento Peninsula
- TourRadar presents Aït Benhaddou
- TourRadar presents The Imperial Cities
- TourRadar presents Chiang Mai
- Celestyal OlympiaMS Celestyal Olympia cruise ship (previously “Louis Olympia”) was built in 1982 as “Song of America” for RCCL (Ro… Read moreBuilt1982 (refurbished in 2016)Guests1611Crew540Length215 m / 705 ftSuites9Staterooms724Gross Tonnage37584 gtElectricity110VBeam28 m / 92 ftCruising Speed21 kn / 39 kph / 24 mphDraft7m
- MS Nieuw AmsterdamDelivered in 2010, the 86,000-ton Nieuw Amsterdam was built at Italian shipbuilder Fincantieri's Marghera shipyard and its interior de… Read moreBuilt2010 (refurbished in 2018)Guests2106Crew929Length285 m / 935 ftWidth105.8Staterooms1053Gross Tonnage86273 gtBeam32 m / 105 ftCruising Speed24 kn / 44 kph / 28 mph
- MV Sea SpiritThe ice-strengthened, small, all-suite expedition ship Sea Spirit was built in 1991 in Italy. The vessel was updated in late 2010 & r… Read moreBuilt1991 (refurbished in 2017)Guests114Crew94Length90.6 m (297 ft)Beam15.3 m (50 ft)Cruising Speed14.5 knots in open waterDraft4.16 m (14 ft)
- MS KoningsdamThe first of Holland America Line’s Pinnacle-class ships, Koningsdam combines 21st- century elegance and nautical tradition. Inspired by m… Read moreCapacity3194Built2016Guests2650Crew1036Length975ftWidth114.8ftSuitesStateroomsRegistryGross Tonnage99863ElectricityBeam114.8ftCruising Speed22.2 knotsGeneratorsEnginesDraft26.1ft
Awards & Recognitions
- Best International Tour Operator - Australian Travel Industry Awards2013
- Best Mainstream Touring Company - UK Travel Weekly Global Awards2015
- Best Tour Operator Europe - USA Travel Weekly Award2014
- Best Escorted Tour Operator Europe - Travvy2015
- Best Escorted Tour Operator - UK Telegraph Travel Awards2016
- "We travel initially to lose ourselves. We travel next to find ourselves. We travel to open our hearts…"
- "We travel initially to lose ourselves; Then we travel next, to find ourselves. - I am honoured to be…"
- "Once upon a time, in a sleepy little village near Bristol, there lived a chubby, curly-haired girl called…"
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 2500+ carefully screened operators
- Read 150,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose from over 40,000 tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
The Trafalgar Story and History
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this operator, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!