“Okay so I’ll spare you the details about Europe cos you can google how amazing that is (trust me it’s amazing, do it). What you can’t google is this: Doing a tour like this means you will make friends for life that become your international extended fam...“
Awards & Recognitions
- Award winning global product range
- Passionate and knowledgeable crew
- Balance of social and free time
- Locally-inspired cuisine
Topdeck is a collective of explorers who are devoted to travel, we strive to open minds, shift perspectives, learn new things and make a difference. We build epic group trips for 18 to 30 somethings and our passion is to inspire young people through life-changing tra...
Topdeck is a collective of explorers who are devoted to travel, we strive to open minds, shift perspectives, learn new things and make a difference. We build epic group trips for 18 to 30 somethings and our passion is to inspire young people through life-changing travel experiences. With over 46 years’ experience, our business is to make travel dreams a reality, we know what works and we’re not afraid to shout about it. We offer variety, comfort and value for money, and promise a hassle-free holiday, loaded with authentic local experiences. With loads of free time to explore, heaps of included meals, access to some amazing bucket list activities and the opportunity to meet a whole bunch of like-minded young travellers, Topdeck trips are way more than your average package tour. They’re the experience of a lifetime. We build the trips. You build the memories. So, if you’re looking for an unforgettable adventure? Topdeck’s the only choice!Read more
3,922 Topdeck Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- KAKimberleyThe British Isle5.0 - ExcellentWritten on August 22, 2019Jackie had confidence and a vast knowledge of Britain and Scotland which I really appreciated. Confidence is essential and she really knew what she was doing!
- MMeganEuropean Pioneer5.0 - ExcellentWritten on August 21, 2019Absolute legend of a tour guide! So approachable, full of knowledge and a fun time!
- We Are Topdeck
- Australia: See Australia with Topdeck
- Europe: Experience the Magic of Europe
- Africa: Why you should go to Africa
- USA: What happens on a Topdeck USA trip?
- Show more...
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- New Zealand: Why New Zealand?
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Ultimate Travel Guide: Canada
- Ultimate Travel Guide: New Zealand
- Ultimate South East Asia Bucket List - TOPDECK
- Morocco with Topdeck
- Travel to Scandinavia with Topdeck
- Ultimate Australian Adventure - Topdeck Travel
- Ski New Zealand - Topdeck Travel
- Sailing with Topdeck
- Explore Japan with Topdeck
- TourRadar presents Alberta in Summer
- TourRadar presents Alberta in Winter
- TourRadar presents Bali's Beaches & Islands
- TourRadar presents Tegallalang Rice Terrace
- TourRadar presents The Sorrento Peninsula
- TourRadar presents Aït Benhaddou
- TourRadar presents Chiang Mai
- TourRadar presents Island Hopping in Thailand
- Live your best life in European Summer
- The Ultimate Australian Adventure
- Florida is Calling - Topdeck Travel
- Aegean Sunseeker - Topdeck Travel
- New York City - Topdeck
- Southern USA - Topdeck
- San Francisco - Topdeck
- Take on Mexico with Topdeck!
40 Years Experiences
Free Time to Explore
Awards & Recognitions
- "Work hard, play hard, be kind, travel, travel, travel some more.....oh and always try the local food…"
- "The greatest adventure yet! Guiding with Topdeck is a dream come true for me! I LOVE travel, lets be…"
- "MY NAME IS SARAH, PICK UP STICKS ENTHUSIAST, AND LOVER OF THE CAPSLOCK! I worked as a clinical pharmacist…"
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 1000+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose from over 40,000 tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Topdeck Story & History
Started by friends in 1973 who shared a passion for adventure, Topdeck Travel has a long history of delivering authentic and fun group travel. Originally transport was provided by double decker buses, which gave way to the name Topdeck. From 1974 onwards, and even into the 1990s, these ‘deckers’ (double decker buses) travelled throughout Europe and even further afield in to Morocco, the Middle East, and sometimes making the extended trip between London and Kathmandu.
During the 1980s, the company decided it would move further afield into the United States of America, where it started operations. The company even ran trips from Sydney to London from 1980 onwards, with the last leg using a converted Sydney double decker to stay in theme. Later on it was decided to introduce coaches, and then this happened in the mid 1980’s, it was primarily for the winter ski holidays. This marked the end of the old double deckers, with the 1990’s marking the start of retirement for them in great numbers.
Once this happened, the focus shifted towards camping trips, staying in various campsites across Europe. After this, Topdeck started to take shape as the company we know it today, offering camping, hostel based trips, and even trips with hotel accommodation. one of the original Topdeck double decker buses can still be seen to this day at the Isle of Wight Bus Museum, which is near Newport, Isle of Wight.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
How much cash do I need to bring?
You will have easy access to local currency from ATMs in all major cities. It is also recommended to bring some cash on arrival (US$ or GBP), in addition to your local payment amount. Tipping is expected for quite a few things (carrying your luggage etc.) but you only need to give a small amount and your Trip Leader will advise you what is appropriate.
What clothes do I need to bring for the African trip?
The climate in each African country varies. Most countries range between hot days and mild nights in the summer months to warm days and cool nights in the winter. Some countries can get very hot in summer, so lightweight cottons and linens are recommended along with clothing to cover your head and neck and high factor sunblock. If visiting in winter you will need to bring some warmer clothing for the cool evenings.
Is it possible to extend my stay?
Please contact us to enquire about the cost of pre and post tour accommodation which can be added to your booking for an additional cost.
What is the age range on the trip?
Topdeck's safari trips are run exclusively for travellers aged 18 to 30-something.
For African tours, what is the group size on the trip?
The group have a maximum size of 24 and usually average around 16 travellers.
What kinds of food are served on the trip in Africa?
All of Topdeck's trips include a variety of appetising meals. Please contact us for details on the trip or if you have any questions regarding dietary requirements.
What are the accommodations on the trips through Africa?
During the evenings, you will stay in a two-person dome tents kitted out with insect screens and foam mats. In certain locations Topdeck trips feature included hostel upgrades and they also use comfortable hotel accommodation on Zanzibar.
What are the kinds of transportation that Topdeck use?
Topdeck uses state of the art overland safari vehicles. It keeps food and drinks fresh (in the on-board drinks cooler), your belongings safely stowed (in secure lockers big enough for your entire luggage) and it comes with power points so you can charge up laptops, cameras and mp3 players so you can plug in and chill out when you need to.
Is travel insurance needed for the trip?
Yes, comprehensive travel insurance is compulsory on all Topdeck trips and should be taken out at the time of booking. Please contact us for more information or visit this page www.tourradar.com/travel-insurance for a free quote with our insurance partners, World Nomads.
What are not included on the trip price?
The following are not included on the trip price: Sleeping bag, personal travel and medical insurance, items of a personal nature, optional excursions and restaurant meals and drinks.