Awards & Recognitions
- Award winning global product range
- Passionate and knowledgeable crew
- Balance of social and free time
- Locally-inspired cuisine
Topdeck is a collective of explorers who are devoted to travel, we strive to open minds, shift perspectives, learn new things and make a difference. We build epic group trips for 18 to 30 somethings and our passion is to inspire young people through life-changing tra...
Topdeck is a collective of explorers who are devoted to travel, we strive to open minds, shift perspectives, learn new things and make a difference. We build epic group trips for 18 to 30 somethings and our passion is to inspire young people through life-changing travel experiences. With over 46 years’ experience, our business is to make travel dreams a reality, we know what works and we’re not afraid to shout about it. We offer variety, comfort and value for money, and promise a hassle-free holiday, loaded with authentic local experiences. With loads of free time to explore, heaps of included meals, access to some amazing bucket list activities and the opportunity to meet a whole bunch of like-minded young travellers, Topdeck trips are way more than your average package tour. They’re the experience of a lifetime. We build the trips. You build the memories. So, if you’re looking for an unforgettable adventure? Topdeck’s the only choice!Read more
4,504 Topdeck Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- NRNicholasGreat White North (including Kelowna)4.0 - GoodWritten on March 2, 2020Great fun meeting new people, seeing new places and the tour guide handled the whole experience professionally.
- ASummer Compass5.0 - ExcellentWritten on March 2, 2020Super friendly and great information. An amazing trip!
- MPMorganRoman Trail 2019-205.0 - ExcellentWritten on February 27, 2020Great driver and tour leader - really knew the histories of all of the places we went to. Great guys, really relatable and friendly. Rest of the group really ma…Read moreTopdeck commented on this reviewThanks for the review, Morgan. Really happy to read you got the history fix you were chasing in Europe. Fantastic is right!
- DJDanielCalifornia Calling 20194.0 - GoodWritten on February 22, 2020The tour was extremely well organised and excellent value for money considering the amount of places you see. Meals included on several days was a bonus and our…Read moreTopdeck commented on this reviewAmazing feedback Daniel. Glad to read Nikki led you on an amazing journey across California.
- Spirit of Europe 24 daysStarts LondonEnds London$2,999
- European Wonder 14 daysStarts LondonEnds London$1,949
- Winter Spirit (17 destinations) 24 daysStarts LondonEnds London$2,649
- We Are Topdeck
- Australia: See Australia with Topdeck
- Europe: Experience the Magic of Europe
- Africa: Why you should go to Africa
- USA: What happens on a Topdeck USA trip?
- Show more...
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- New Zealand: Why New Zealand?
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Ultimate Travel Guide: Canada
- Ultimate Travel Guide: New Zealand
- Ultimate South East Asia Bucket List - TOPDECK
- Morocco with Topdeck
- Travel to Scandinavia with Topdeck
- Ultimate Australian Adventure - Topdeck Travel
- Ski New Zealand - Topdeck Travel
- Sailing with Topdeck
- Explore Japan with Topdeck
- TourRadar presents Alberta in Summer
- TourRadar presents Alberta in Winter
- TourRadar presents Bali's Beaches & Islands
- TourRadar presents Tegallalang Rice Terrace
- TourRadar presents The Sorrento Peninsula
- TourRadar presents Aït Benhaddou
- TourRadar presents Chiang Mai
- TourRadar presents Island Hopping in Thailand
- Live your best life in European Summer
- The Ultimate Australian Adventure
- Florida is Calling - Topdeck Travel
- Aegean Sunseeker - Topdeck Travel
- New York City - Topdeck
- Southern USA - Topdeck
- San Francisco - Topdeck
- Take on Mexico with Topdeck!
- Experience India with Topdeck
- Egypt Express - Topdeck
- Canadian Rockies - Topdeck Travel
- Georgia - Topdeck Travel
- Sri Lanka - Topdeck Travel
- Ecuador & Galapagos - Topdeck Travel
40 Years Experiences
Free Time to Explore
Awards & Recognitions
- "Work hard, play hard, be kind, travel, travel, travel some more.....oh and always try the local food…"
- "The greatest adventure yet! Guiding with Topdeck is a dream come true for me! I LOVE travel, lets be…"
- "MY NAME IS SARAH, PICK UP STICKS ENTHUSIAST, AND LOVER OF THE CAPSLOCK! I worked as a clinical pharmacist…"
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 2500+ carefully screened operators
- Read 150,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose from over 40,000 tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Topdeck Story & History
Started by friends in 1973 who shared a passion for adventure, Topdeck Travel has a long history of delivering authentic and fun group travel. Originally transport was provided by double decker buses, which gave way to the name Topdeck. From 1974 onwards, and even into the 1990s, these ‘deckers’ (double decker buses) travelled throughout Europe and even further afield in to Morocco, the Middle East, and sometimes making the extended trip between London and Kathmandu.
During the 1980s, the company decided it would move further afield into the United States of America, where it started operations. The company even ran trips from Sydney to London from 1980 onwards, with the last leg using a converted Sydney double decker to stay in theme. Later on it was decided to introduce coaches, and then this happened in the mid 1980’s, it was primarily for the winter ski holidays. This marked the end of the old double deckers, with the 1990’s marking the start of retirement for them in great numbers.
Once this happened, the focus shifted towards camping trips, staying in various campsites across Europe. After this, Topdeck started to take shape as the company we know it today, offering camping, hostel based trips, and even trips with hotel accommodation. one of the original Topdeck double decker buses can still be seen to this day at the Isle of Wight Bus Museum, which is near Newport, Isle of Wight.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
What is the Gorilla & Chimp Excursion permit?
The excursion to the Ugandan jungle to witness rare mountain gorillas is entirely optional, but due to admirable conservation efforts being made to ensure the gorillas' survival, only a limited number of gorilla permits are available per day. These permits must be pre-booked and paid in advance. Please be aware that no company can reserve permits in bulk and they are assigned on a first-come basis. Included in the permit cost is an excursion to track chimpanzees in their natural habitat at Kyambura Gorge, another unforgettable African wildlife encounter. Please contact us for details on this trip.
How to get to the departure point?
Flights are not included in the tour package, but please contact us and we may be able to offer some advice on how to get to the starting point of your Topdeck tour.
Is solo traveller allowed on the trip?
Yes, many Topdeck passengers travel alone. They don't charge compulsory single supplements – instead they'll match you up with roommates of the same sex.
What kinds of people will be on the trip?
Topdeck travellers come from all over the world and are aged between 18 and 39.
What is average group size on the trip?
Since late bookings and cancellations do occur, there isnt a way to know exactly how many people will be on your trip. Popular itineraries during peak summer season usually have 25-45 passengers. In the event of smaller groups, a modified passenger van may be used to improve logistics, as well as creating a better group dynamic.
What is the inclusion on the trip?
Each trip includes coach transport, ferry transfers (where applicable), accommodation, meals, National Park Fees, sightseeing tours and some entry fees.
What time does the trip start?
It depends on the trip and departure city. Meeting times are generally between 07:30 – 08:30 on the morning of departure. On some trips, you will join the group in the evening and will spend that night in the joining city; in these situations, there will be a mandatory Welcome Meeting with your Trip Leader at a set time.
What location does the trip depart from for North America tours?
The departure points for Topdeck's North America trips will be at the joining accommodation and varies depending on the departure city. It will also be provided in your pre-departure documentation.
What currency should I bring for my Egypt for Middle East trip?
There are numerous cash machines in all of the starting cities in the region, plus all of the cities and major towns so local currency is easily available. You may wish to bring a small amount of US$ or GBP cash just in case of an emergency. Please also make sure to notify your bank of your travel plans before you head off!
What are the recommended things to bring on the trip?
Lightweight cottons and linens are recommended for the summer with some warmer clothing needed for winter. For trips in Egypt which include felucca sailing, it's important that you bring a sleeping bag with you.
Make sure you bring a swimming costume for summer departures.