“Overall this tour was a great experience! You get to tick a lot off the bucket list which is worthwhile. We experienced lack of communication between 'TourRadar' and the tour company 'time travels' however I.e didn't get sent crucial emails leavin us confu...“
Timetravels has started from ultimate student trips to Russia in 2006 and soon expanded to many other destinations. Currently, we operate in Northern Lapland, Russia, Baltics, Scandinavia, Central & Eastern Europe. In 2014, we were awarded for high-quality service a...
Timetravels has started from ultimate student trips to Russia in 2006 and soon expanded to many other destinations. Currently, we operate in Northern Lapland, Russia, Baltics, Scandinavia, Central & Eastern Europe. In 2014, we were awarded for high-quality service and financial trustworthiness. Today, Timetravels permanently employs 15 travel industry professionals and serves annually over 15 000 customers from about 70 different countries. We listen carefully to our customers in order to constantly improve travel experience and launch new fascinating activities.Read more
15 Timetravels Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 4 / 5
- 4 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- BharathAdventure to Finnish Lapland, Vasatokka4.5 - ExcellentWritten on January 4, 2018It is more than I expected. It is the best tour I ever had, and even in future, I don't think so, any tour can outplay it.
- UUttamAdventure to Finnish Lapland, Saariselkä5.0 - ExcellentWritten on December 12, 2017Very good our guide uuno is excellent and full of energy and fun and our driver vesa is perfect in driving .Thanks for everything
- KKAAdventure to Finnish Lapland, Vasatokka3.0 - AverageWritten on December 30, 2016… the bus number. I didn't receive any of these e-mails. My account on Timetravels.com did not allow me to sign up for the additional tours, such a…Read moreTimetravels commented on this reviewHi Karen Thank you for traveling with and thank you for your detailed feedback. It will help us to improve our services. Even though we provide low-cost tours to our destinations we still believe, that it is possible to gain high customer satisfaction rates. The budget of the tour of course sets some limitations. During the winter season just one overnight in hotel, e.g. in Rovaniemi, Tromso, Saariselkä, Levi etc. costs 200-300 €/night. So just about the cost of our entire tour, which includes 4 nights of accommodation, bus transportation and even a tour to the Arctic Ocean (1200 km). Our mission is to provide a Lapland experience for young people - aged 20-35 y.o. and actually - in Vasatokka they have better chances of seeing Northern lights than in ski resort glass igloos, where one overnight costs 800 €. One downside of this package is the bus transportation, which we have tried to do as comfortable as possible by having a warm, safe, winter equipped bus with wifi. For groups like this using plane or train would add the cost by several hundreds of euros - and we must keep the costs down for this customer segment. For sure in future we can offer options to start the tour from Rovaniemi or Ivalo - some people are already taking flights directly to Lapland. When it comes for reindeer safaris and husky activities - in Lapland it is possible to book also longer VIP safaris, but then the prices are several times higher and group sizes way smaller. When it comes for the half board food (breakfast +dinner) we charge 60 euros for 8 meals. Here again the budget sets some limitations - on a normal ski resort, with 60 euros you can barely afford a dinner for 1-2 persons. Vasatokka can achieve this budget because it is a non-profit youth-recreational center. Regarding the communication before the trip - we send 3 transactional e-mails before the trip - a welcome email and invitation to book extra activities, invitation to the FB group and to choose roommates and then the final e-mail with latest details and news. All the information is duplicated on the trip-specific FB group. Unfortunately, the transactional e-mail system we are using has sometimes deliverability problems with some e-mail clients. As our messages contains attachments, pictures and links, some mail systems mark them as spam. We are currently figuring out ways with our IT partners to avoid these problems by either using different solutions or backing up the e-mails with SMS messages, like Airbnb and some other companies are doing. We deeply regret the situation that you did not receive them. We thank you again for the feedback - and we will certainly stress out more clearly that this tour suits the best students and young people. What this tour may lack in accommodation and transportation quality, it compensates in team spirit, genuine nature experience and one of highest possibilities in Finland to see Northern lights. Our mission is to arrange affordable but amazing Lapland adventures and constantly improve our services. Seeing Northern lights belong to everyone!
- CPCraigAdventure to Finnish Lapland, Vasatokka3.0 - AverageWritten on December 30, 2016Great tour!!! So much fun and the activities were once in a life time. Must have some videos for the bus though. That was pretty poor.
- Student trips to St Petersburg by visa-free ferry!
- "Grand Russia" Tour
- Adventure trip to Northern Lapland!
- Trip to Lapland, Vasatokka
- Trip to Lapland, Saariselkä
- Show more...
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 500+ carefully screened operators
- Read 60,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 20,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this operator, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!