“Wow, what a fantastic day out yesterday. The scenery is beautiful and so nice to see some of the countryside and small villages. Makes a big change from bustling Chiang Mai city. I didn't drive a tuktuk myself as I don't have a driving license but this did...“
- Thailand's only self drive, guided, Tuk Tuk adventure
- Explore mountain back roads and communities
- Trekking, elephants, hill-tribes and of course Tuk Tuks
- Awesome boutique accommodation throughout
The Tuk Tuk Club was the result of too many long flights, too much thinking / dreaming time and a few too many nights of far too many beers. Surely it’s possible to drive a Tuk Tuk around the mountains of Thailand we thought, everyone else seemed to think it wasn’t....
The Tuk Tuk Club was the result of too many long flights, too much thinking / dreaming time and a few too many nights of far too many beers. Surely it’s possible to drive a Tuk Tuk around the mountains of Thailand we thought, everyone else seemed to think it wasn’t. A few months of navel gazing (planning!) later it turns out it is possible and in fact it’s hugely enjoyable and, even better, there are some awesome and very comfortable places to stay en route. And so ‘The Tuk Tuk’ Club was born. The ‘Club’ is run by people who have been delivering travel experiences in Asia and beyond for year and years and share a huge passion for Thailand, for doing something a ‘little bit’ exciting and helping others to experience and see what they’ve been lucky enough to see. We are also far too fond of a nice ice-cold beer at the end of a day’s adventure…Read more
13 The Tuk Tuk Club Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- DKDarkoTuk Tuk Adventure - 11 Days5.0 - ExcellentWritten on February 27, 2019What a great trip - exceeded expectations in every way. I'm in love with my customised tuk-tuk :-) Special thanks to Tony, our main guide, and Oa - they went…Read moreThe Tuk Tuk Club commented on this reviewThanks Darko and Ana - we're delighted you had a great adventure with The Tuk Tuk Club and thanks for being such great adventurers. Hopefully we'll see you in Northern Thailand again one day!
- hTuk Tuk Adventure - 5 Days4.5 - ExcellentWritten on November 23, 2018Had a wonderful time exploring the countryside driving the tuk tuk. Thank you!
- NNickandSueShillitoTuk Tuk Adventure - 11 Days5.0 - ExcellentWritten on November 9, 2018A fantastic holiday from start to finish, fun, different, a great bunch of people and an amazing team who looked after us.
- SueTuk Tuk Adventure - 5 Days4.5 - ExcellentWritten on April 19, 2018Loved being up in the mountains beyond where most tours go. Had some fun stops at local coffee shops and small roadside stands for food.
The Tuk Tuk Club Tours
About The Tuk Tuk Club
The Tuk Tuk Club videos
- Main Page Video
- The Tuk Tuk Club - overview
- DAY 1 - Arrival, Training and Temples
- DAY 2 - Elephants and Rafting
- DAY 3 - Mountains
- Show more...
- DAY 4 - Trekking and Waterfalls
- DAYS 5 AND 6 - Travelling to Mae Sariang and Mae Hong Son
- DAY 7 - Magical Mae Hong Son
- DAY 8 - Onwards to Pai
- DAY 9 - Pai
- DAYS 10 and 11 - Mountains, hill-tribe villages and back to base
- TourRadar presents Chiang Mai
Driving a Tuk Tuk
Can I really drive a Tuk Tuk?
What happens if I don’t want to drive the Tuk Tuk?
What happens if I don’t pass the Tuk Tuk driving training course?
What sort of license do I need?
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 1000+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose from over 35,000 tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
The Tuk Tuk Club Photos
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
I’m travelling solo, is there a single supplement charge?
There is no better way to make friends than on an adventure like this when you are travelling alone! If you are an adventurous solo traveller you do not have to pay a compulsory supplement however you will be matched you up with another solo traveller of the same gender on the trip. If there are no other solo travellers of the same gender then you will have the privacy of your own room.
What type of travellers join your tours?
To be honest, literally, everyone can join one of these amazing tours. Their oldest traveller to date was 81 (and one of the best Tuk Tuk drivers they have ever seen) and the youngest driver who participated was 18. You will see adventurers from all over the world and all walks of life – however, what everyone does have in common is a real desire to discover Thailand and, of course, they have an adventurous spirit!
Is there luggage weight/size limits on the Tuk Tuks?
The luggage/weight limitations can vary depending on the tour you select. For example, if you choose a 3-day adventure it is recommended to pack light (1 x overnight bag) and the Tuk Tuk Club will store your larger luggage in their local office before you pick it up again on day 3. On the tours that are 5 or more days in length, there is more scope for larger bags/suitcases. However, it is recommended to limit yourself to one large suitcase/travel bag per person.
Is it possible to adjust the itineraries?
Unfortunately, on the standard tours, it is not possible to change the itineraries as they are a set package however if you do not wish to participate in a certain activity such as trekking etc, this is not a problem.
Will the Tuk Tuks be air-conditioned?
You will find that all the Tuk Tuks have the best air-conditioning possible, the amazing cool breezes provided by mother nature as you ride up and down the roads.
What do I need to bring?
A sense of humour, casual relaxed clothing and some spending money (around GBP 250-300 will be more than fine).