“I took their Beijing tour back a few years ago and loved it!! I still can't believe I saw so much of China in just 3 weeks! The hostels were actually really nice, and the experiences were incredible. Guides were all super friendly and had fun recommendatio...“
- Budget Backpacking Trips in Asia
- Unmissable & Exclusive Experiences
- Experienced & Epic Adventure Leaders
- Travelling with Sustainability in mind
We are The Dragon Trip. We expand minds through transformative experiences. We provide meaningful adventures throughout Asia, showing a real side of life through deeply researched trips. We support local communities through sustainable and ethical travel, investing a...
We are The Dragon Trip. We expand minds through transformative experiences. We provide meaningful adventures throughout Asia, showing a real side of life through deeply researched trips. We support local communities through sustainable and ethical travel, investing as much as possible into the places we visit. Our Adventure Leaders are experts in their destination. They love their home and their country and take pleasure in introducing it to new travellers - the culture, history and the food. We don't do package holidays. We don't do tourist traps. We do Dragon Trips.Read more
89 The Dragon Trip Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4 / 5
- 4 / 5
- 4 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- MMichaelaTokyo to Tokyo - Japan by The Dragon Trip5.0 - ExcellentWritten on June 5, 2020Brilliant company! I was booked on to do a few tours with The Dragon Trip, however all were cancelled due to coronavirus. The company were brilliant in keeping …Read moreThe Dragon Trip commented on this reviewWe're really pleased you were happy with our customer service, Michaela! We hope to have you travelling with us soon ????
- LLucyDeyTokyo to Tokyo - Japan by The Dragon Trip5.0 - ExcellentWritten on May 19, 2020Unfortunately our trip was cancelled due to the Pandemic but other than a slight hiccup during booking the customer service from The Dragon Trip was amazing. We…Read moreThe Dragon Trip commented on this reviewHi Lucy, thanks for your feeedback, we're really pleased to hear that you appreciated our customer service. Although we weren't able to operate the trip this time, we look forward to having you travelling with us in future!
- CharlotteTokyo to Tokyo - Japan by The Dragon Trip3.0 - AverageWritten on March 25, 2020The trip was good but not worth the amount paid for it. There were multiple attractions that we couldn’t attend due to the corona virus which is understandable,…Read moreThe Dragon Trip commented on this reviewHi Charlotte, We're really pleased to hear you enjoyed the trip! As you said, the Novel Coronavirus did have an impact on tour itineraries which we did our best to reduce and I am sorry you feel that this could have been handled better. It would be greatly appreciated if you could send a quick message to firstname.lastname@example.org regarding which hostels you were not happy with as selecting the right hostels is very important to us.
- EmilyThailand to Laos in Two Weeks5.0 - ExcellentWritten on February 4, 2020Had an amazing time in Thailand. Loved seeing the elephants. However, if you get some sort of cut on yourself do not go into the mud pit. Unless you want an inf…Read moreThe Dragon Trip commented on this reviewThank you for your review, Emily. We are so pleased that you enjoyed the trip. Hopefully you will join us on another tour again soon.
- BRBraelynThailand to Laos in Two Weeks5.0 - ExcellentWritten on January 26, 2020Super fun trip! Great local guides and lots of fun activities.The Dragon Trip commented on this reviewThanks so much for leaving a review. We are so pleased you enjoyed the trip.
- LLeighHugginsTokyo to Tokyo - Japan by The Dragon Trip5.0 - ExcellentWritten on January 10, 2020Fantastic well organised. Taste of an amazing country and the people made it so special. I count my lucky with meeting a great group to do it withThe Dragon Trip commented on this reviewThanks for your lovely review. <3
- AAlanFrameTokyo to Tokyo - Japan by The Dragon Trip3.0 - AverageWritten on January 9, 2020Overall it was excellent but our guide was very negative about my vegan diet which I was assured wouldn't be a problem before the trip. There was also a lot of …Read moreThe Dragon Trip commented on this reviewHi Alan, it is very challenging to stick to a vegan diet in Japan as the vast majority of their favourite dishes consist of fish or traces of it. Our Adventure Leaders know all of the best spots to eat and try to consider all dietary requirements, plus you can download the app Happy Cow to find your own restaurants. We are very sorry if you feel your guide did not provide enough support in this aspect of your trip though and will definitely pass your feedback on to the Japan team.
- VVinhTokyo to Tokyo - Japan by The Dragon Trip3.0 - AverageWritten on December 13, 2019Overall We had a good time and Juno is good in trying to accommodate the schedule, The tour is ok not great, many destinations were tourists trap and unnecessar…Read moreThe Dragon Trip commented on this reviewHi Vinh, thank you for your feedback. Our trips are tailored to backpackers and budget travellers and we have updated this platform to make this even clearer in recent months. We do try to pack in as much as possible so that you can make as much of your time in Japan as possible. We are sorry if this impacted on your experience.
- EmilyBeijing to Shanghai5.0 - ExcellentWritten on December 3, 2019I took their Beijing tour back a few years ago and loved it!! I still can't believe I saw so much of China in just 3 weeks! The hostels were actually really nic…Read moreThe Dragon Trip commented on this reviewThanks for such a great review, Emily! We hope to see you on another tour with us in the future.
- LLourdesKong18 Day Ultimate India Tour5.0 - ExcellentWritten on December 2, 2019That Dragontrip has the best tourguide ever! name Deepak Kumar GuptaThe Dragon Trip commented on this reviewThanks so much for your review :-)
The Dragon Trip Tours
About The Dragon Trip
The Dragon Trip videos
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- The Dragon Trip China Adventures
- The Dragon Trip Japan Adventures
- TourRadar presents Ganga Aarti at Varanasi
- Inside India by The Dragon Trip
- Show more...
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 2500+ carefully screened operators
- Read 150,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose from over 40,000 tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
Can I take a camera to North Korea?
Cameras with lenses of no more than 150mm are allowed so long as they are declared at customs in Pyongyang. The rules do change often though, so you bring any such equipment at own risk.
Is there anything I shouldn't bring to North Korea?
Do not take religious texts or books about North Korea- you can take laptops, Ipads and phones. Large camera or video equipment may be viewed as an attempt to film or document the country, please refrain from bringing such equipment.
Can I travel independently in North Korea?
No, you need to be with a tour group- even if you are not normally someone who would book onto a group tour- it really is the only way to see North Korea!
I have visited South Korea before - is that an issue if I want to go to North Korea?
This is not a problem.
Is it safe to travel to North Korea?
Despite the country’s reputation- the crime rate is very low. The political situation is closely monitored and we would not take a tour if the political climate was dangerous.
Do I need any special vaccinations for Japan?
No vaccinations are required to enter Japan. Tap water is safe to drink anywhere in Japan.
How do I get my Japanese Visa?
Nice and easy- these are available upon arrival for over 60 countries including the UK, US, Canada Australia and EU countries
How do I get money in China?
You will be able to withdraw money at an ATM in each city, and your Adventure Leader will tell you when the next stop on the Trip where you will be able to withdraw more cash is. We advise that you notify your bank that you will be travelling before you depart. As a note, many banks and cards do charge a foreign transaction fee when withdrawing money while abroad, so it will probably be cheaper to exchange Chinese Yuan (RMB) before you start your trip.
Suitcase or backpack?
Suitcase is OK, but a backpack/hold-all is much more convenient.
What should I pack for my trip?
We strongly recommend packing very light for The Dragon Trip. China has everything under the sun- they are after all the world’s factory- so don’t fret too much if you left something behind, almost anything you’d conceivably need is available throughout China.You really need very little as you can wash clothes regularly in the hostels. Bear in mind also that you can leave a bag in Hong Kong for the duration of your trip for HK$300.