“This was an incredible experience. Teeming River Cruises (Jeff and Gina) arrange for a fantastic cruise experience. If there were an ability to rate them 10+ stars - I would do it. I am an experienced traveler and recognize and appreciate quality and ex...“
- Teeming with Personalized Journey!
- Teeming with Destination-Focused Dining!
- Cruise through amazing European Landscapes
- Teeming with Value!
Teeming River Cruises is an independent family-owned business. Although newly founded in 2016, their story began well before that. Owners Jeff and Gina Paglialonga’s love for travel spans decades as does their romance (high school sweethearts, fellow University of F...
Teeming River Cruises is an independent family-owned business. Although newly founded in 2016, their story began well before that. Owners Jeff and Gina Paglialonga’s love for travel spans decades as does their romance (high school sweethearts, fellow University of Florida graduates, married 30+ years with four children). This twosome was bitten by the travel bug early in their marriage and instilled the same love of travel, adventure & exploration into all their four kids. They have toured the globe (visiting 6 out of the 7 continents) both as a couple and as a family. Much of their globetrotting has been on cruise ships (the Caribbean, Alaska, the Greek Islands, the Baltic, the Mediterranean, Australia & New Zealand…). Ships have become their floating hotels as they’ve explored distant lands and immersed themselves in the culture of some of the world’s most stunning cities and fascinating countries on well over 25 cruises. As Saint Augustine so wisely noted, “The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.” The Paglialongas love flipping the pages with their family, concentrating on collecting memories & moments over things. However, they are well aware of how expensive it can be to travel abroad, especially with kids. After recently branching out from “ocean cruisers” to “river cruisers” (i.e. voyaging on 2 European river cruises), they recognized a need for a different kind of river cruise. Cruises that offered more…more affordability, more flexibility, more control for each individual cruiser, more time in port, more active-lifestyle options, more hands-on experiences, and more immersion in the local culture. Cruises that offered more for less, with a more active cruiser in mind. Accordingly, they founded Teeming River Cruises ~ teeming with affordability, flexibility, individual control, active options, port time… teeming with distinction from typical river cruises . Jeff and Gina have built their home on faith, family, and fun; and strive to build this company on the same. Enthusiastically, they are embarking on this new venture with Teeming River Cruises after being in the travel business for over 10 years. The Paglialongas own both an Insurance Agency and a vacation rental property management company, Teeming Vacation Rentals . Although selling different products, each business is focused on delivering legendary customer service. We personally invite you to sail with Teeming River Cruises ~ Half the Price, Twice the Fun! As avid travelers and fellow cruisers, we understand the concerns of our guests, initiating the tagline Teeming River Cruises, by Travelers for Travelers . We have designed our river cruises with you in mind. (Jeff and Gina Paglialonga were on board the July 2017 maiden voyage and intend to continue to join passengers on many of the sailings, as well as, remain intricately involved in the details and arrangements of each cruise.) We only want you, our guest, to pay for those experiences you wish to participate in. We want you to feel free to explore on your own and at your own pace, instead of being regimented to a short window of time for personal exploration and shopping. Take a seat at a café, browse at the local outdoor market, hike to a nearby landmark, visit a local cathedral, explore historical sites, shop in quaint boutiques, dine on regional dishes, sample local wine… Teeming River Cruises, Explore More for Less. Remember it’s your cruise, created with you in mind. Teeming River Cruises features longer times in port than most other ships. We don’t want to rush you. Take time to explore, to experience, to discover…to stretch.Read more
6 Teeming River Cruises Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- Value for money
- 5 / 5
- NNancySRoyal Tulips and Windmills5.0 - ExcellentWritten on May 7, 2018Loved the low key nature of the trip. It was very self-directed and allowed you to decide what you wanted to see... none of the "we're walking" following a guid…Read moreTeeming River Cruises commented on this reviewDear Nancy, Thank you for the great review and we are so delighted you enjoyed cruising with us on our Tulips and Windmills tour of the Netherlands and Belgium. We are glad the style of exploring worked for you and appreciate your positive feedback about the app! We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Jeff and Gina
- LindaRoyal Tulips and Windmills5.0 - ExcellentWritten on April 25, 2018I would highly recommend Teeming River as an excellent value. It is rare to find a river cruise for …Read moreTeeming River Cruises commented on this reviewDear Linda, We are so honored to receive a review like this from such an experienced traveler. We are thrilled our cruise exceeded your expectations and hope you will join us again in the future. Jeff and Gina
- KKaySkordilisRoyal Tulips and Windmills5.0 - ExcellentWritten on April 17, 2018Teeming River Cruises commented on this reviewDear Kay, Thank you for the 5-star review and we hope you will cruise with us again in the future! Jeff and Gina
- SSLRoyal Tulips and Windmills5.0 - ExcellentWritten on April 13, 2018… husband and I just returned from our first cruising experience ever. Teeming River Cruises Tulips and Windmills adventure was exceptional in ever…Read moreTeeming River Cruises commented on this reviewDear SL, Thank you so much for the thoughtful review and we are excited you enjoyed our cruise. Your comments are invaluable to us and future travelers. We hope you will consider cruising with us again. Jeff and Gina
- LLaurieBottsRoyal Tulips and Windmills5.0 - ExcellentWritten on April 12, 2018This was an incredible experience. Teeming River Cruises (Jeff and Gina) arrange for a fantastic cruise experie…Read moreTeeming River Cruises commented on this reviewDear Laurie, Thank you so much for the fabulous review! We are delighted you enjoyed cruising with Teeming River Cruises and hope to see you again soon. Jeff and Gina
Teeming River Cruises Tours
- Encore European Tour - Amsterdam to Budapest 15 daysStarts AmsterdamEnds Budapest$1,727
- Encore European Tour - Budapest to Amsterdam with Christmas Markets 15 daysStarts BudapestEnds Amsterdam$1,727
- Jewels of the Rhine 9 daysStarts AmsterdamEnds Basel$1,908
About Teeming River Cruises
Teeming River Cruises video
Why Choose Teeming River Cruises
An Invitation to a Teeming Experience…
Teeming with Value!
Teeming with Personalized Journey!
Teeming with Destination-Focused Dining!
Teeming River Cruises Ships
- MS Royal CrownStep on board the Royal Crown and enter the elegant romantic world of Europe in the 1930s ~ a time of economic depression during which mu… Read moreBuilt110 m / 361 feetGuests11.4 m / 37.5 feetCrew1.6 m / 5.2 feetWidth22 km/hStateroomsMAK 2 x 720 PK/HP
- MS Johann StraussWaltz on board the newly renovated Johann Strauss and enter the melodic elegance of European river cruising. Your heart will won’t… Read moreBuilt110 m / 361 feetCrew1.65 m / 5.41 feetWidth22 km/hStateroomsMAK 2 x 720 PK/HPGross Tonnage11.4 m / 37.5 feet
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 500+ carefully screened operators
- Read 70,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 20,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
What are the embarkation and disembarkation times?
On the day you board your ship, your cabin will be available at around 3:00 pm. On the day of disembarkation, your cabin will no longer be available after breakfast. You may sit in the ship’s lounge or on the Sun Deck until disembarkation.
What about young travelers?
Passengers who are less than 18 years of age must be accompanied and share a stateroom with a parent, legal guardian or other responsible adult over age 21. There are no connecting cabins on Teeming River Cruises. Children under 8 years of age are not allowed on any Teeming River Cruises. There are no discounts for young travelers on Teeming River Cruises.
What additional costs should I expect to pay while on Teeming River Cruises European tour?
Our Teeming River Cruises include all the essentials (e.g. all meals on board your ship, dinner, daily housekeeping, Wi-Fi, Teeming City Guided Walk apps for smart phone, port taxes & fees etc.), so most services are already included. However, there are some optional services or amenities on board that are offered for an extra charge. These include shore excursions [varying prices per port], meals & drinks purchased while on shore, GPSmyCity walking smart phone apps [$4.99 per city purchased], purchases in the on-board shop, laundry service, and phone calls. In addition, fine wines, champagne and other premium beverages are offered at an additional cost. You will also probably want to have some spending money for souvenirs. In addition, there is the cost of gratuities which is up to your discretion [ typical gratuities for crew and the Cruise Director run $15 a day per person as noted in previous question].
Is tipping included in my price?
It is customary to give cruise gratuities, subject to your satisfaction with the services rendered. Gratuities for your Cruise Director, Local Hosts, Local Guides, driver, and ship’s crew are not included in the vacation price and are discretionary. Typical gratuities run around 12 dollars per person, per day for the crew and 3 dollars per person, per day for the cruise director.
Are transfers to and from the airport included?
Transfers are not included with the cruise. To provide a lower cruise price, as well as more individual control, passengers are expected to arrange for their own transfers. In Amsterdam, an UBER from the airport to the cruise dock is 24-33 euros. In Budapest, Taxi fare runs around $25. Buses are very expensive in Europe. It is far more efficient and cost effective to use a Taxi or UBER. This also will eliminate waiting for a group and the bus to fill up.
Why is Teeming River Cruises less than half the price of other European river cruises?
Teeming River Cruises is an independent, family-owned business which was founded with the intent of being the low-price leader in European river cruises, offering an incredibly low price with an à la carte approach to cruising. This way you only pay for activities and tours you choose, as opposed to a price which includes all excursions. (Note: bus charters are extremely expensive in Europe and all-inclusive excursions can dramatically raise the cruise price as well as limit passengers control of their time at port.) Likewise, while some river cruise companies allow unlimited alcohol or wine & beer with every meal; with Teeming River Cruises coffee & tea are offered with each meal and alcohol packages are offered at an additional cost. These are examples of a few of our cost saving measures intended to allow you to “Explore More for Less”. With our cruise, you can be much more flexible, having more control over your time for less money. Like we like to say, Teeming River Cruises is “Half the Price, Twice the Fun”.