Majesty of the Rockies 7 Days base 2018
Cindy "Our trip was compromised by the Smoke of several months of Forest Fires, leaving most of us Ill before the end of the trip. ...BUT Ben Hutchenson; our Tour Director "Saved the Day"!! This man is a Marvel, that cannot be beat. We have taken Many trips with Insight and Uniworld and none of the Prior tour directors can come close to the Wit; Charm; Humor; Intelligence; Creativity, Energy, Compassio..."
Start and end in Vancouver! With the wildlife tour Majesty of the Rockies 7 Days base 2018, you have a 22 day tour package taking you through Vancouver, Canada and 19 other destinations in North America. Majesty of the Rockies 7 Days base 2018 includes accommodation as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Age range
- 5 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Plane
- Travel style
- Rather Poor
- AAnonymousWritten on September 14, 20183.5 - GoodExtremely unhappy about our Lake Louise room not having Lake View when other tour members got great views. Don’t see why we stay at that Hotel but got cheap rooms! Felt like we got scammed.Show detailed ratings
- DDLynchWritten on June 2, 20184.0 - GoodThe tour visited some amazing and beautiful locations. The hotels at Vancouver and Whistler, in particular, were excellent but Jasper park lodge was disappointing - a motel style unit with drab and dated decor, no aircon and a mouse infestation. Tiny and awkward bathroom with water hammer in Banff . Meals were all good but we often had very little time to freshen up between arrival and the evening meal ,which was generally at 6.30. Also the promised choice of restaurants was limited - the hotels offered few slots in the better restaurants and it was first come first served . The coach was very comfortable but the loo door would not stay shut - not great when sitting at the back! Concierge knew her stuff but completely lacking in personal skills. For example we told her we had prepaid gratuities and she simply said she had a list. No acknowledgement or thanks. We wished we had not prepaid ! She was preoccupied with a small number of vocal guests and showed little interest in the majority. Overall we enjoyed the trip but it could have been even better with a simple tweaks- some aspects were certainly not "Luxury Gold"Show detailed ratings
- IFImeldaWritten on November 18, 20172.0 - Rather poorInsights tour of Canada & Alaska ( DO NOT DO TRAVEL WITH THEM) would have to be the WORST TOUR we have ever done and we travel every year. the accommodation was not not up to standard, and many other things, many in our group complained to Insight of course they made up excuses.Show detailed ratings
- BHBobWritten on November 12, 20171.0 - BadMy wife and I have recently booked our seventh Insight tour for June 2018 on the Majesty of the Rockies tour. The booking service we have experienced from Insight in the lead up to this tour has been poor with three separate issues. The first issue was when we were unable to get confirmation of the cabin booking for the Alaska Cruise and ended up booking directly with the cruise line and got a nominated cabin and a better offer. The second issue was when Insight cancelled the accommodation at the iconic Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise without any explanation. The third issue was when Insight would only offer a single extra night accommodation in Vancouver and we have ended up paying a higher rate for additional accommodation. Three strikes and Insight is out as far as we are concerned!Show detailed ratings
- FDFrankWritten on October 17, 20174.5 - Excellentthe trip was for the most part great and the tour director, ben hutchinson, was outstandingShow detailed ratings
- SNSusanWritten on October 13, 20171.0 - BadOverall the trip experience was excellent. The tour itinerary, excursions, free days, and guide were above excellence. Thank you for this wonderful experience.Show detailed ratings
- DSDesmondWritten on October 11, 20175.0 - ExcellentIn September my wife and I travelled on the Canadian Majestic Rockies bus tour. Our guide was Ben Hutchinson. We had a magnificent time throughout the tour. Ben proved to be an amazing tour director. He was extremely well prepared for each day, with excellent and relevant information at his fingertips, well-chosen food and music add-ons and an exceptionally fine character. His enthusiasm was contagious throughout the group for the whole tour and his sense of humour went down with much enjoyment. He is an exceptional young man and tour leader. I have now travelled with Insight six times, all tour directors have been outstanding. Ben would rate as the best I have toured with.Show detailed ratings
- JSJOHNWritten on October 10, 20175.0 - ExcellentRecently my wife and I did an Insight tour (#9) "Majesty of the Rockies" 3/9/2017 - 16/9/2017. Our Tour Guide was a charming young man, Ben Hutchinson, who made our travels and tour highlights a wonderful and enjoyable experience. The tour itself was well organised and ran smoothly due to Ben's ability to make every situation humorous, well informed and interesting. The accommodation throughout the tour was excellent, the coach always very clean, and the tour driver Owen courteous and experienced. John and Susan McCleanShow detailed ratings
- EHElizabethWritten on October 10, 20175.0 - ExcellentIt was better mainly because of Ben Hutchinson.He really was a lot of fun.He did his job very well as well as making all of us laugh. The hotels were amazing.The meals were the best ev.....rShow detailed ratings
- CACindyWritten on October 6, 20174.0 - GoodOur trip was compromised by the Smoke of several months of Forest Fires, leaving most of us Ill before the end of the trip. ...BUT Ben Hutchenson; our Tour Director "Saved the Day"!! This man is a Marvel, that cannot be beat. We have taken Many trips with Insight and Uniworld and none of the Prior tour directors can come close to the Wit; Charm; Humor; Intelligence; Creativity, Energy, Compassion; Ingenuity, and Enthusiasm, as Ben did. Everyday was full of surprises and Ben was constantly treating us to new Delights. He is someone that you cannot forget, and when we will look back on this trip, it will because of Ben as He made each and every stop and event Special. He let no stone unturned. He always gave us Great ideas for our free time and Lots of Comfort stops and the were Picturesque with I really appreciated for my photos! He gave us wonderful History stories and facts with such excitement...there were NOT many people dosing on this tour and I have seen that happen with many.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Vibrant Vancouver.
- Day 2: Vancouver, the Most Livable City.
- Day 3: Victoria - Putting the British into British Columbia.
- Day 4: Exploring Victoria.
- Day 5: The Ultimate Resort of Whistler.
- Day 6: First Nations Culture and History.
- Day 7: The Napa Valley of the North.
- Day 8: Canada's Exquisite National Parks.
- Day 9: The Unspoiled Wilderness of Banff National Park.
- Day 10: Banff Sights at Leisure.
- Day 11: Along the Icefields Parkway.
- Day 12: Jasper National Park and Iconic Maligne Lake.
- Day 13: Mount Robson and Sun Peaks.
- Day 14: Return to Vancouver
- Day 15: Join Your Holland America Line Cruise.
- Day 16: Cruising the Inside Passage.
- Day 17: Cruise Tracy Arm and Juneau.
- Day 18: Skagway, Alaska.
- Day 19: Cruise Glacier Bay.
- Day 20: Exploring Ketchikan.
- Day 21: Scenic Cruise of the Inside Passage.
- Day 22: Depart Vancouver.
Expand allDownload PDF Brochure
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Ultimate Travel Guide: Canada
- Luxury Gold - Journey Beyond The Ordinary
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
Guides who have led this tour
- "Born and raised in Vancouver Canada, I studied Canadian and European history in university before settling..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Ellen22nd July 2018
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
- DollarCanada and USA
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Start and end in Vancouver.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Luxury Gold to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $235 to confirm this Luxury Gold booking. The remaining balance is then payable 90 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 15 January 2019 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Majesty of the Rockies 7 Days base 2018, but the deposit of $235 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Luxury Gold tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 4,535 km.
- Vancouver (Canada)
- 94 km
- Victoria (Canada)
- 190 km
- Whistler (Canada)
- 249 km
- Kelowna (Canada)
- 170 km
- Mt Revelstoke National Park (Canada)
- 107 km
- Yoho National Park (Canada)
- 4 km
- Emerald Lake (Canada)
- 22 km
- Lake Louise (Canada)
- 11 km
- Moraine Lake (Canada)
- 26 km
- Banff National Park (Canada)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,808 tours in North America
- covered by 68 different operators in North America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior to the departure date.
- 9 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Majesty of the Rockies 7 Days base 2018