Highlights of Britain Experience
- Our saving
- US $ 778
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
Sonia "We had a fabulous time. We booked late and got a great price with Lets Travels on their UK 5 day Highlights tour. I've done a coach tour before on the continent a few years ago but I decided as I was in London to book a UK Tour. I traveled with a close University friend and we stayed together on the trip. We are both London students so getting away for the Easter break and out of the city was wel..."
- Tales of playwright Shakespeare in Stratford-Upon-Avon
- Ancient city wall walks in York
- Celebrate icons of music in Liverpool
- See prehistoric Stonehenge
- Age range
- 18 to 65 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
Start and end in London! With the in-depth cultural tour Highlights of Britain Experience, you have a 5 day tour package taking you through London, England and 10 other destinations in Europe. Highlights of Britain Experience includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals and more.
- Rather Poor
- JIJunitaWritten on May 19, 20181.5 - Rather poorI am so disappointed with this tour and definitely won’t book it again. Here are the complaints we got along the journey - The car is too old and way too small. Not cozy at all instead I have all aches whole over my body because the space was too small - The hotels are okay but several of them have no lift, so we have to bring the heavy luggage upstairs - The driver, which is our tour guide in the same time, is the worst main thing of this whole trip. He’s actually a kind and caring person, yet he’s really too much inexperienced. First, we got lost in out way several times. Second, he’s really not on time. Third, he’s basically only a driver who didn’t guide us at all whereas we had no idea what to do and expected more. Please teach him to guide and use google maps properly - The costumer service who informed me before the tour started was not that responsive - Itenary was fine, however as I experienced other tours, all the tickets was already bought through this tour so we didn’t have to waste time to buy tickets. There are many other tours with much better performance. I already experienced this kind of tour, one of which in UK too, but I never experienced tour that is really this bad. I would suggest anyone else to not ever book this tour. I expected to have relaxed journey but it turns out that it’s the opposite, we had issues in most days. We missed everything and got frustrated that we should have gotten because of the driver. Few of the hotels are trouble too. The price I paid for this tour worths utter zero compared to the convenience we had. One out of five star is the proper score to be givenShow detailed ratings
- NVNGOCWritten on October 9, 20174.0 - GoodTour guide and the driver are nice, they really helpful and kind. Love the whole journey.Show detailed ratings
- CSChristinaWritten on August 31, 20172.0 - Rather poorThe trip was not what I expected in the slightest, and not in a good way. First of all: The guide was possessed of very limited knowledge, all of which she imparted whenever she felt like it, at random times, and in no particular order or with any particular organization. My favorite part was when she was telling me (an American) that the architect behind St. Paul's Cathedral (dead in 1723) also designed Washington D.C. (commissioned as a city in 1790), and again when she pointed at a passing corn field with the hilarious anecdote "The wheat fields we are passing have inspired songs." I very quickly lost confidence in anything she told us, because she was clearly willing to make up what she didn't know. What she did tell us that was remotely accurate was clearly read off the internet, as she was telling us. Which I could have done by using my phone. Why did I need to pay for her to do that? Furthermore, she was incredibly patronizing to us, and oftentimes insulting, as when she would talk loudly to the driver within easy earshot of a minimum of 4 of us. The best part of that is the subject matter they would often talk about: past tour groups. They were frankly nasty about some of them, so how is that to make us feel about how she'll speak about us in a few weeks? But the absolute best part was when it was the second to last day and she wanted to hand out the tip envelopes (of which we only got one, so that we had no choice about whether we gave more to the driver and more to her). She first stood up and quite nastily and loudly berated us about the necessity of tipping her, though I clearly remember the tour materials saying that it was not mandatory. Now, as I said earlier I am American, and tipping is in our culture. I also understand that this is not the case in many cultures, and there were many nationalities present on the tour. However, her tone and the demanding nature of her lecture was simply unacceptable. If the driver wasn't excellent (which he was, no denying it), I wouldn't have given anything at all. Second: Added on top of the issues with the guide, the person making the itinerary and calculating the travel times must be an idiot. Contrary to what the schedule promised, we had a maximum of 2 hours EACH in each location, and often spent twice as much time total on the road as we did in the tour locations combined each day. Frankly, the whole advertisement was incredibly misleading. For example, the itinerary claims that we would have from 3:00 PM to 6:30 PM in York, for a total of 3.5 hours. We had MAYBE 2, most likely only 1.5. And this is pretty indicative of the entire 5 days. We were promised by the itinerary that we would have from 11:30 AM to 4:30 PM in Edinburgh, for a total of 5 hours. We fought with the tour guide and the driver to give us until 3:00 PM, and we didn't even get there until after 11:30. And we were promised 6 walking tours, and one city sightseeing tour. We might have gotten what the guide considered to be a walking tour...twice (Stratford on Avon and Bath, where she speed walked pointing down different streets) and I have no clue what part of our time in Edinburgh was supposed to be a city sightseeing tour, maybe it was in the 1.5 lost hours we had? Third: The simply poor planning of the trip can be shown simply by looking at one item on the itinerary: The fact that the trip from Chester to Cardiff was scheduled to last from 1:45 PM to 2:00 PM...a mere 15 minutes. Meanwhile, now that I know better, a very basic Google maps search tells me that the trip from Chester to Cardiff takes a minimum of 3 hours and 15 minutes. I guess the lost 3 hours might explain the lack of a walking tour in Cardiff *shrug*. In summation, the people on the tour with me were superb and fun people, the locations themselves that were chosen were excellent, the driver was excellent, and the hotels chosen were top notch, but it was simply too much crammed into too little time with obviously very poor or absolutely no planning at all. Maybe I should have spotted these scheduling problems before buying, but I think that as someone who has never been to the country before, I think that I can be excused for relying on the representations of the company who purports to be an expert in the field and is promising to give me a good experience. I also can understand that some of the discrepancies are due to traffic and road conditions, but this can by no means account for all of the lost time we were promised. All in all, I will absolutely not be recommending this company or this tour to anyone, TourRadar should certainly not recommend the tour to anyone, and the reviews that showed online were misleading and not indicative of my experience. If I thought that it would get me anywhere, I would seek a partial refund of my payment. I feel cheated and exploited.Show detailed ratingsLet's Travel Services commented on this reviewDear Christina, Thanks for your view. We will do a deep investigation for what you have mentioned to improve our tour better for the future. Regards. Lets Travel Services Customer Service Team
- DWDianneWritten on August 21, 20174.0 - GoodGood. But need more time to look at sights. Hotels where great. Bus driver was wondrefull and keep us moving the group was a great mix of people tour guide did a good job of keeping us moving .. Glad I did the tour would like more information when passing towns and the country.. Price list for sites would be helpful so we can plan what we want to see..Show detailed ratingsLet's Travel Services commented on this reviewDianne, Thanks for your kind review. We're delighted you enjoyed your trip with Lets Travel. We look forward to seeing you again on a Lets Travel tour in the near future.
- IGILIEWritten on June 20, 20175.0 - ExcellentMy 5 days trip was amazing thanks to Lets Travel. I had the chance to visit new places and find some interesting facts about them. The hotels where I stayed were very clean and modern and the coach was absolutely comfortable. Also, the tour leader was very kind and it was perfect because he explained us some things when we were at different tourists spots. All in all, I am very happy that I chose Lets Travel for planning my holiday and I am sure that I will contact them for the next holidays!Show detailed ratings
- ABAndreeaWritten on June 20, 20175.0 - ExcellentThat experience was awesome! I didn't thought that I will enjoy a 5 days trip so much. The hotel was good and for that price I will go again and again and again. I will always use Let's Travel UK & Irland for my next journey. Thank you so much, guys!Show detailed ratings
- DTDeenaWritten on May 25, 20174.5 - ExcellentHighlights of Britain tour was extremely enjoyable. Everything was well planned out and we had plenty of time to enjoy the sites we were shown. Hotels were great and the price was right. Would definitely use Lets Travel for future UK & Ireland tours. Thank you for a great experience.Show detailed ratingsLet's Travel Services commented on this reviewThank you Deena for your kind review. We are pleased you enjoyed your trip with Lets Travel. We look forward to welcoming you back on a Experience that Matters!
- AHAlexWritten on May 24, 20174.5 - ExcellentHad a fantastic time on this tour. I saw loads! Absolutely adored Scotland and can't wait to go back.Show detailed ratingsLet's Travel Services commented on this reviewThank you Alex for your review. We're happy you enjoyed your trip with Lets Travel and we look forward to seeing you again on a Lets Travel tour.
- SRSoniaWritten on May 24, 20174.5 - ExcellentWe had a fabulous time. We booked late and got a great price with Lets Travels on their UK 5 day Highlights tour. I've done a coach tour before on the continent a few years ago but I decided as I was in London to book a UK Tour. I traveled with a close University friend and we stayed together on the trip. We are both London students so getting away for the Easter break and out of the city was well worth it and fun. The tour was mostly younger adults with a good mix of people from Europe and further afield. Everyone got along well. I really enjoyed our time in Edinburgh - Scotland is stunningly beautiful as was our stop in the Lake District - but it doesn't really compare to beauty of the Highlands. The tour went through some beautiful scenery and I feel the guide really tried hard to make sure everyone was comfortable and enjoying their time.Show detailed ratingsLet's Travel Services commented on this reviewThank you Sonia for your kind review. We are pleased you enjoyed your trip with Lets Travel. We look forward to welcoming you back on a Experience that Matters!
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Stratford-Upon-Avon - York - Darlington
- Day 2: Edinburgh - Glasgow
- Day 3: Windermere and Lake District - Liverpool
- Day 4: Liverpool - Cardiff
- Day 5: Bath - Stonehenge
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Average by past passengers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Sheila11th May 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Highlights of Britain Experience
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- MondayMay 28, 2018from London5 DaysFridayJun 1, 2018to London0 seats left$24USD $778
- MondayJun 11, 2018from London5 DaysFridayJun 15, 2018to London0 seats left$24USD $778
- MondayJun 25, 2018from London5 DaysFridayJun 29, 2018to London10+ seats left$24USD $778
- MondayJul 9, 2018from London5 DaysFridayJul 13, 2018to London0 seats left$24USD $778
- MondayJul 23, 2018from London5 DaysFridayJul 27, 2018to London10+ seats left$24USD $778
- MondayAug 6, 2018from London5 DaysFridayAug 10, 2018to London0 seats left$24USD $778
- MondayAug 20, 2018from London5 DaysFridayAug 24, 2018to London10+ seats left$24USD $778
- MondaySep 3, 2018from London5 DaysFridaySep 7, 2018to London0 seats left$24USD $778
- MondaySep 17, 2018from London5 DaysFridaySep 21, 2018to London10+ seats left$24USD $778
- MondayOct 1, 2018from London5 DaysFridayOct 5, 2018to London0 seats left$24USD $778
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
- Pound sterlingEngland , Scotland and Wales
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Start and end in London.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Let's Travel Services booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 24 July 2018 the full payment of $778 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $778 for Highlights of Britain Experience, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Let's Travel Services will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Let's Travel Services tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 1,389 km.
- London (England)
- 133 km
- Stratford-upon-Avon (England)
- 201 km
- York (England)
- 70 km
- Darlington (England)
- 189 km
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 67 km
- Glasgow (Scotland)
- 170 km
- Lake District National Park (England)
- 120 km
- Liverpool (England)
- 215 km
- Cardiff (Wales)
- 58 km
- Bath (England)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $778 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,980 tours in Europe
- covered by 211 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Highlights of Britain Experience via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 9 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Highlights of Britain Experience