Bike Tour, Loire Valley, France (guided groups)
Andrea "I just returned from the Loire Valley tour, which was my seventh tour with Chain Gang. As I expected, I had a wonderful time! The Loire is full of beautiful Chateaux, sunflowers and delicious cheese. I keep coming back to Chain Gang for several reasons- the guides are fun and have a good sense of humour. The bikes are comfortable Trek hybrids. The other guests are usually very interesting, nic..."
- +14 Destinations
- Pays de la Loire
Start in Montreuil-Bellay and end in St-Pierre-des-Corps! With the bicycle tour Bike Tour, Loire Valley, France (guided groups), you have a 6 day tour package taking you through Montreuil-Bellay, France and 15 other destinations in France. Bike Tour, Loire Valley, France (guided groups) includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals and more.
- Age range
- 12 to 80 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Travel style
- Rather Poor
- BBarryWritten on February 6, 20185.0 - ExcellentI have been on 6 excursions with The Chain Gang and my repeat business should speak volumes about how I value their bike tours. The tour guides are wonderful. Each guide speaks the language and handles each day's itinerary. In addition, the guides are expert bike mechanics, so when I am on tour with The Chain Gang, I don't have to worry about anything. The luggage is transferred from town to town. The accommodations are fine and the food is typically out of this world. The bikes they provide are extremely good quality trek bikes and the routes are well chosen for their sights . . . and wines. Overall, the tours are carefree and exhilarating.Show detailed ratings
- IQIsmaWritten on January 25, 20185.0 - ExcellentI have been on 5 chain gang holidays and have thoroughly enjoyed each of them. I have even repeated a couple of the tours but with different groups of people the whole adventure becomes a different experience. The tours are well designed to allow you to see the countryside and villages/towns at their best. The guides are knowledgeable, patient and encouraging! Really important when you’re struggling up a hill. The accommodation is good - sometimes quirky. The food is geared towards local produce and is of a high standard. The occasional picnic makes for a lovely lunchtime experience. The bikes are excellent quality and I have been tempted to take the odd one back with me as I bonded so well with them. I have tried other cycle tour companies but I keep judging them Against chain gang which is a difficult company to match let alone beatShow detailed ratings
- JRJaneWritten on January 24, 20185.0 - ExcellentWe have been on four Chain Gang Cycle Tours to Tuscany, the Loire, Normandy and Alsace. We go back because we have such a brilliant experience each time.Show detailed ratings
- ASAndreaWritten on July 19, 20175.0 - ExcellentI just returned from the Loire Valley tour, which was my seventh tour with Chain Gang. As I expected, I had a wonderful time! The Loire is full of beautiful Chateaux, sunflowers and delicious cheese. I keep coming back to Chain Gang for several reasons- the guides are fun and have a good sense of humour. The bikes are comfortable Trek hybrids. The other guests are usually very interesting, nice people (I haven't had a bad group yet!). And the food is amazing! The nightly dinners are epic, and you also get to pick from a menu, which is not the case with some companies I've toured with. Honestly, half the fun is seeing what other people are eating. The value for the price with Chain Gang is unbeatable. I've enjoyed every Chain Gang tour I've taken and will return again.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 The Garden of France and The Valley of Kings
- Day 2 A Spectacular Underground Chateau, and Some Pretty Nice Vineyards
- Day 3 Sleeping Beauty Woz 'Ere
- Day 4 Chateau Chenonceau - Home of Louise The Inconsolable, Among Others
- Day 5 Wine Tasting and Mushroom Tasting. This is Living!
- Day 6 Chateau Chambord - The Highlight of the Week
- Day 7 Downstream Must Mean Downhill - Right?
- Day 8 All Over
Expand allDownload PDF Brochure
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- A Guided Bike Tour Through The Loire Valley.
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Leslie3rd September 2018
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Montreuil-Bellay is the starting point and St-Pierre-des-Corps is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 10% to confirm this The Chain Gang Cycle Tours booking. The remaining balance is then payable 30 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 14 November 2018 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 30 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Bike Tour, Loire Valley, France (guided groups), but the deposit of 10% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and The Chain Gang Cycle Tours will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for The Chain Gang Cycle Tours : Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 236 km.
- Montreuil-Bellay (France)
- 8 km
- Breze (France)
- 8 km
- Fontevraud-l'Abbaye (France)
- 4 km
- Montsoreau (France)
- 15 km
- Chinon (France)
- 10 km
- Rigny-Usse (France)
- 19 km
- Villandry (France)
- 9 km
- Azay-le-Rideau (France)
- 34 km
- Nitray (France)
- 13 km
- Chenonceaux (France)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,383 tours in Europe
- covered by 256 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 30 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Bike Tour, Loire Valley, France (guided groups) via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 4 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Bike Tour, Loire Valley, France (guided groups)