Bike Tour, Dordogne, France (guided groups)
The Discovery Sale Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends in 14:53:24
- Our saving
- US $ 1,795
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
Paul "This was our sixth trip with The Chain Gang so we were expecting the usual mix of well researched, quiet routes, interesting visits, including wine tastings, comfortable accommodation, not in chain hotels, and always good food at the end of the day. We were not disappointed. We drove down ourselves to the start of this tour but at other times we have also used public transport they have arranged w..."
- Les Eyzies-de-Tayac-Sireuil
- +15 Destinations
- Southern France
- Les Eyzies-de-Tayac-Sireuil
Start and end in Les Eyzies-de-Tayac-Sireuil! With the bicycle tour Bike Tour, Dordogne, France (guided groups), you have a 6 day tour package taking you through Les Eyzies-de-Tayac-Sireuil, France and 14 other destinations in France. Bike Tour, Dordogne, France (guided groups) includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals and more.
- Age range
- 12 to 80 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Rather Poor
- SWSamWritten on February 6, 20185.0 - ExcellentOur Dordogone trip in 2017 was our sixth tour with the Chain Gang. Quiet roads, beautiful scenery and good company made the tour very special. Like all the Chain Gang tours we have been on the guides were great and looked after the group well, the hotels were very comfortable, the food was delicious and the trip was great value for money. Dominique and Sam Ward, Western AustraliaShow detailed ratings
- NN.DUGGANWritten on February 5, 20185.0 - ExcellentMy husband and I have been on two tours with the chain gang, Tuscany in 2016 and The Dordogne in 2017. The tours are extremely well organized and the guide is with you throughout. The days are filled with cycling beautiful routes, great food on the very important and scenic stops, visiting interesting local tourist attractions and ending in lovely hotels for relaxing and more lovely food. The bikes are great, perfect for bringing you into those hard to reach places on top of hills! You don’t need to be an expert cyclist but a little practice will really help your enjoyment of the trip. We have made many new friends from all over the world on the tours and are in contact still with some. I would highly recommend the chain gang for an entertaining, fun filled activity holiday, so much so I’m about to book the Umbria tour for 2018!!!Show detailed ratings
- KKarenWritten on January 25, 20185.0 - ExcellentMy sons and I have done two cycle tours with the Chain Gang, one in Provence and the other in the Dordogne. Both experiences were outstanding. To the obvious attractions of France - food, scenery, history etc – the Chain Gang added well-chosen routes, small interesting hotels and superb food at every stop. Each tour was extremely well organised, without being remotely regimented. No problem was too small (or too large) to be attended to. What made these trips really exceptional though was that they were organised by people who clearly love what they are doing. The guides were knowledgeable, resourceful and good humoured. They were also flexible, and happy to accommodate the interests of individuals on the tour. Our unscheduled trip to the truffle farm is a memory that will stay with me for a long time. This generous approach invariably meant that everyone in the group got along, and by the end of the week just seemed like a bunch of friends. I will definitely be back for another tour.Show detailed ratings
- KTKenWritten on January 24, 20185.0 - ExcellentI have been on 4 Chain Gang tours so far and have had only very positive experiences. The cycling is enjoyable and the routes pass through glorious countryside with regular picnics, coffee stops and the occasional wine tasting. The choice of restaurants and hotels is of a very high quality and I don’t think I have eaten better during a week than on the Burgundy tour. A special mention must go to the guides who were hard working, pleasant, knowledgeable and helpful – punctures and repairs were quickly and cheerfully fixed. Groups have been an interesting mixture of ages and nationalities and been very friendly. I also like that the price includes the evening meals, and you aren’t given the economy menu as with some other companies I have travelled with. I’m planning my next tour and can’t recommend the Chain Gang highly enough.Show detailed ratings
- ABAlfredWritten on January 24, 20185.0 - ExcellentMy wife and I have done seven trips with Chaingang over the years. I have only good things to say. I love the attitude, which is friendly and personable, deadly knowledgeable and always pleasant. The routes are carefully crafted and sometimes sneaky, they know there way around and have done there homework.If a passion for food and wine is your thing, then this is the trip for you. Also the cycling is directed at the fit but not competitive cyclist which suits us perfectly. No Tour de France routes us, thank you. We will keep going back!Show detailed ratings
- PSPaulWritten on July 22, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis was our sixth trip with The Chain Gang so we were expecting the usual mix of well researched, quiet routes, interesting visits, including wine tastings, comfortable accommodation, not in chain hotels, and always good food at the end of the day. We were not disappointed. We drove down ourselves to the start of this tour but at other times we have also used public transport they have arranged with no problems with the transfers. As usual they provided well maintained good quality hybrid bikes and if anything needed adjusting the guide was immediately on the case. The hotel rooms were clean and comfortable but as usual in family hotels in France the size varied and not every one had an elevator. Food was excellent, eating either in the hotel or in a nearby restaurant. I guess what keeps us coming back to their guided tours is the unbeatable experience of cycling with a group of friendly like minded people, and not having to think too hard because the experienced guide makes sure it all works. It worked for us anyway, we are planning to do the Alsace tour next.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 - Saturday Arriving in the Dordogne
- Day 2 Beynac - Previous Owners Include Richard The Lionheart
- Day 3 Our First Big Climb
- Day 4 Rocamadour and the Gouffre de Padirac
- Day 5 Spectacular Downhill, and a Wonderful Picnic
- Day 6 We Take to the Water On Our Way to Sarlat-la-Caneda.
- Day 7 Spectacular Pre-Historic Double
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Cycling Tour In Dordogne, France
- Cycling in the Dordogne, France
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Lynette12th April 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Bike Tour, Dordogne, France (guided groups)
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- SaturdayJun 9, 2018from Les Eyzies-de-Tayac-Sireuil6 DaysThursdayJun 14, 2018to Les Eyzies-de-Tayac-Sireuil10+ seats left$75USD $1,795
- SaturdayJul 7, 2018from Les Eyzies-de-Tayac-Sireuil6 DaysThursdayJul 12, 2018to Les Eyzies-de-Tayac-Sireuil10+ seats left$75USD $1,795
- SaturdayAug 4, 2018from Les Eyzies-de-Tayac-Sireuil6 DaysThursdayAug 9, 2018to Les Eyzies-de-Tayac-Sireuil10+ seats left$75USD $1,795
- SaturdaySep 8, 2018from Les Eyzies-de-Tayac-Sireuil6 DaysThursdaySep 13, 2018to Les Eyzies-de-Tayac-Sireuil10+ seats left$75USD $1,795
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Start and end in Les Eyzies-de-Tayac-Sireuil.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 10% to confirm this The Chain Gang Cycle Tours booking. The remaining balance is then payable 30 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 23 June 2018 the full payment of $1,795 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 30 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1795 for Bike Tour, Dordogne, France (guided groups), but the deposit of 10% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and The Chain Gang Cycle Tours will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for The Chain Gang Cycle Tours : Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 197 km.
- Les Eyzies-de-Tayac-Sireuil (France)
- 10 km
- St Leon sur Vezere (France)
- 21 km
- Limeuil (France)
- 19 km
- Les Milandes (France)
- 6 km
- La Roque Gageac (France)
- 4 km
- Domme (France)
- 20 km
- Payrac (France)
- 12 km
- Rocamadour (France)
- 12 km
- Gouffre de Padirac (France)
- 4 km
- Loubressac (France)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,795 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,987 tours in Europe
- covered by 211 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 30 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Bike Tour, Dordogne, France (guided groups) via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 6 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Bike Tour, Dordogne, France (guided groups)