- Our saving
- US $ 712
- Delve into the islands turbulent history
- Fall in love with picture perfect Wineglass Bay
- Visit Hobart’s subterranean ultra-modern art Museum
- Traverse scenic trails and discover jaw-dropping vistas
- Visit a wildlife sanctuary and meet Tasmanian devils
- Rather Poor
- HPHelenWritten on January 15, 20194.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Itinerary was excellent. We saw and did many things every day. Transportation, minibus, generally comfortable for me, but not so good for taller people. Accommodation: Brichena hostel was a huge disappointment, bunk rooms and shower/toilets not clean,... Read more
- CHClaudiaWritten on January 4, 20193.0 - AverageShow detailed ratings
Tour in general good, the accommodation was really bad poor quality hostels, infected of bedbugs. I have an allergic reaction of bedbugs bites.
- marianWritten on January 3, 20193.5 - GoodShow detailed ratings
I enjoyed the tour but would have liked more commentary on the long drives. Very little information was given about the places we visited. Except for the three day trips from Hobart the quides were excellent and very obliging . Overall it was very good... Read more
- PSPaulaWritten on December 29, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
The 'out of city' sector of the 8 day tour was excellent. Town/city tour guides left a little to be desired..Not entertaining in the least.. Just glad we had a great guide in James and an exceptional and diverse group of travellers who got along extremely well
- SLSHIYAWritten on December 24, 20183.5 - GoodShow detailed ratings
We had an amazing time. Both our guides Sharpie and Mat have been so helpful and kind. There are many highlights of the trip including Mt Cradle, Mt Wellington, Wineglass Bay and Mona! We didn't like the days including Port Arthur and Bruny Island although... Read more
- MPMarkWritten on November 20, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I had a fantastic time on the tour. Tasmania is beautiful!! The memories of the people I met and the places I saw will last a lifetime. I selected the 8 day option, with the last 3 based from Hobart and was glad I did. The 5 day overland was fast paced... Read more
- MarianneWritten on November 18, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
A great way to experience all the best that Tasmania has to offer!
- MDMelietaWritten on November 16, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Everything was well organised and great value for money. Also the group size was perfect.
- MartinaWritten on November 7, 20183.5 - GoodShow detailed ratings
First 5 days leave you stunned with all the breathtaking nature and the great walks within. The last 3 days are a nice addition to see some highlights besides the amazing nature, but are not a necessity in my opinion.
- AA TourRadar TravellerWritten on June 5, 20183.0 - AverageShow detailed ratings
Really enjoyed first 5 days of 8 day group tour. Cradle mountain and Gordon River cruise were exceptional. Did not enjoy last 3 days of day trips based from Hobart as much.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: HOBART > STRAHAN
- Day 2: WILD WEST COAST
- Day 3: CRADLE MOUNTAIN > LAUNCESTON
- Day 4: LAUNCESTON > BICHENO
- Day 5: FREYCINET NATIONAL PARK > HOBART
- Day 6: PORT ARTHUR HISTORIC SITE
- Day 7: MONA & THE MOUNTAIN
- Day 8: BRUNY ISLAND
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Average by past passengers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Edith29th September 2018
- Upcoming departures
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- SundayJan 20, 2019from Hobart8 DaysSundayJan 27, 2019to Hobart0 seats left$30USD $712
- MondayJan 21, 2019from Hobart8 DaysMondayJan 28, 2019to Hobart0 seats left$30USD $712
- ThursdayJan 24, 2019from Hobart8 DaysThursdayJan 31, 2019to Hobart5 seats left$30USD $712
- FridayJan 25, 2019from Hobart8 DaysFridayFeb 1, 2019to Hobart0 seats left$30USD $712
- SundayJan 27, 2019from Hobart8 DaysSundayFeb 3, 2019to Hobart5 seats left$30USD $712
- MondayJan 28, 2019from Hobart8 DaysMondayFeb 4, 2019to Hobart0 seats left$30USD $712
- ThursdayJan 31, 2019from Hobart8 DaysThursdayFeb 7, 2019to Hobart5 seats left$30USD $712
- FridayFeb 1, 2019from Hobart8 DaysFridayFeb 8, 2019to Hobart0 seats left$30USD $712
- SundayFeb 3, 2019from Hobart8 DaysSundayFeb 10, 2019to Hobart5 seats left$30USD $712
- MondayFeb 4, 2019from Hobart8 DaysMondayFeb 11, 2019to Hobart0 seats left$30USD $712
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Australia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Australia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Start and end in Hobart.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 25% to confirm this Under Down Under Tours booking. The remaining balance is then payable 35 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 21 February 2019 the full payment of $712 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $712 for Ultimate 8, but the deposit of 25% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Under Down Under Tours will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Under Down Under Tours : Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Hobart (Australia)
- 55 km
- Russell Falls (Australia)
- 11 km
- Mount Field National Park (Australia)
- 73 km
- Lake St Clair (Australia)
- 48 km
- Franklin Gordon Wild Rivers National Park (Australia)
- 54 km
- Strahan (Australia)
- 11 km
- Henty Dunes (Australia)
- 33 km
- Montezuma Falls (Australia)
- 39 km
- Strahan (Australia)
- 81 km
- Cradle Mountain (Australia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $712 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,280 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 81 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Ultimate 8 via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 10 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Ultimate 8