Most Wanted Sale
ends on 22 Aug 2018
8 days / $91 per day
Ask a question about this tour
24/7 Customer Support
Start and end in Hobart! With the eco tour Ultimate 8, you have a 8 day tour package taking you through Hobart, Australia and 22 other destinations in Australia. Ultimate 8 is a small group tour that includes accommodation as well as meals and more.
- Age range
- 8 to 80 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Travel style
- Rather Poor
- AAnonymousWritten on June 5, 20183.0 - AverageReally enjoyed first 5 days of 8 day group tour. Cradle mountain and Gordon River cruise were exceptional. Did not enjoy last 3 days of day trips based from Hobart as much.Show detailed ratings
- RachaelWritten on April 10, 20184.0 - GoodThe ultimate 8 was absolutely amazing, and up there as one of the best tours I've ever done anywhere in the world (and I have been on around 15group tours). The tour was very organized and fast paced, be prepared for early starts every day in order to make the most of the jam-packed itinerary. You truly see the best of Tasi, the incredible scenery and variety of nature is unbelievable. James is the best tour guide I've had, he was extremely knowledgeable, flexible and I felt very safe with his great driving skills. The majority of passengers on my tour did the 5day portion, but value wise it is worth upgrading to the 8 days to have Bruny Island, Port Arthur,Mona and Mount Wellington all taken care of too. Highly recommend,could not fault this company,thank you for an amazing trip I will never forget!Show detailed ratings
- DKDawnWritten on November 12, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe Ultimate 8 Tassie tour was really great because we had a fantastic guide in Justin. He went well out of his way to make our experience exceptional and has a real love for nature and passes on his enthusiasm. The motels were really good on the motel upgrade option. The tour bus wasn't full and we had ample space but may have been cramped if fully loaded. The seats by the wheels have restricted leg room so awkward for anyone tall or with back issues. The tour was well organised and really packs alot in so early starts each day. Good value for money. The first 5 days are a set tour then the last 3 days are day trips out of Hobart so new people join the group. Justin was our guide for the bulk of the tour(first 5 days) thankfully as he was superb. We had Adelene for day 6 who was also very good. Then we had another guide for days 7 and 8 and here comes the only real criticism of the trip. This guide would have ruined the trip for me if he had been the guide for most of the tour and would not give a good impression of the company to those just doing the day trips at the end of the tour. This guide had a massive chip on his shoulder and I suspect self esteem issues! Among other things he regularly criticised other guides saying things like 'aren't you pleased you have got me as your guide because the others don't know what they are talking about'. He openly contradicted the poor girl giving the honey demonstration on the Bruny Island trip which was cringeworthy. He constantly referred to this or that good friend of his that was famous in some way which was a bore after several hours! He was rude to some walkers in an attempt at being funny. He wasn't as well organised as the other 2 guides confusing pick up points, timings and also forgot to order the cheese whilst on the Bruny island trip. He was also unhelpful to one of the girls on the MONA & the mountain day trip- she had a suitcase and he just left her stranded with it when she had to board the ferry and visit the art gallery even though he had cut the morning mountain section of the day short due to poor weather conditions. At least he could have dropped her off at the hostel which would have taken him a few minutes! The walking mentioned in the MONA & the mountain and Bruny island day trip itineraries was minimal especially compared to what we had experienced on previous days with the other 2 guides. He was also an erractic driver constantly turning round to look at us. The tour was great but would not have been if we had the guide used on the last 2 days of the tour for the whole tour. Check which guides are going to be used!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: HOBART > STRAHAN
- Day 2: WILD WEST COAST
- Day 3: CRADLE MOUNTAIN > LAUNCESTON
- Day 4: LAUNCESTON > BICHENO
- Day 5: FREYCINET NATIONAL PARK > HOBART
- Day 6: PORT ARTHUR HISTORIC SITE
- Day 7: MONA & THE MOUNTAIN
- Day 8: BRUNY ISLAND
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Average by past passengers
- Optional Extras
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- James12th May 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- ThursdayAug 23, 2018from Hobart8 DaysThursdayAug 30, 2018to Hobart5 seats left$30USD $727
- ThursdayAug 30, 2018from Hobart8 DaysThursdaySep 6, 2018to Hobart5 seats left$30USD $727
- ThursdaySep 6, 2018from Hobart8 DaysThursdaySep 13, 2018to Hobart5 seats left$30USD $727
- SundaySep 9, 2018from Hobart8 DaysSundaySep 16, 2018to Hobart5 seats left$30USD $727
- ThursdaySep 13, 2018from Hobart8 DaysThursdaySep 20, 2018to Hobart5 seats left$30USD $727
- SundaySep 16, 2018from Hobart8 DaysSundaySep 23, 2018to Hobart5 seats left$30USD $727
- ThursdaySep 20, 2018from Hobart8 DaysThursdaySep 27, 2018to Hobart5 seats left$30USD $727
- SundaySep 23, 2018from Hobart8 DaysSundaySep 30, 2018to Hobart5 seats left$30USD $727
- ThursdaySep 27, 2018from Hobart8 DaysThursdayOct 4, 2018to Hobart5 seats left$30USD $727
- SundaySep 30, 2018from Hobart8 DaysSundayOct 7, 2018to Hobart5 seats left$30USD $727
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Australia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Australia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Start and end in Hobart.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Under Down Under Tours booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 18 October 2018 the full payment of $727 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $727 for Ultimate 8, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Under Down Under Tours will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Under Down Under Tours : Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 1,116 km.
- Hobart (Australia)
- 55 km
- Russell Falls (Australia)
- 11 km
- Mount Field National Park (Australia)
- 73 km
- Lake St Clair (Australia)
- 48 km
- Franklin Gordon Wild Rivers National Park (Australia)
- 54 km
- Strahan (Australia)
- 11 km
- Henty Dunes (Australia)
- 33 km
- Montezuma Falls (Australia)
- 39 km
- Strahan (Australia)
- 81 km
- Cradle Mountain (Australia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $727 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 950 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 66 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Ultimate 8 via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 2 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Ultimate 8