- Our saving
- US $ 749
- Delve into the islands turbulent history
- Fall in love with picture perfect Wineglass Bay
- Visit Hobart’s subterranean ultra-modern art Museum
- Traverse scenic trails and discover jaw-dropping vistas
- Visit a wildlife sanctuary and meet Tasmanian devils
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Day 1: HOBART > STRAHAN
Start point Individual pick up times will vary dependent on pick up locations. Please advise pick up location at time of booking if possible., Hobart, Tasmania, Australia 06:45 - 07:30
- Day 2: WILD WEST COAST
- Day 3: CRADLE MOUNTAIN > LAUNCESTON
- Day 4: LAUNCESTON > BICHENO
- Day 5: FREYCINET NATIONAL PARK > HOBART
- Day 6: BRUNY ISLAND
- Day 7: PORT ARTHUR HISTORIC SITE
Day 8: HOBART AND MONA MUSEUM
End point Day 8 (Hobart and Mona Museum) is conducted at the individual’s pace and interest level and therefore can be flexible with finish time. No airport drop offs., Hobart, Tasmania, Australia 17:30
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Average by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- MHMunneeWritten on May 12, 20194.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Our tour guide/driver Darcy made the adventure so enjoyable with her energy and kindness.
- PSPenelopeWritten on March 8, 20194.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Lots of options for walks and hikes of various challenge levels. Could opt out if we wanted. Our guides were informative and friendly. I would have liked an option to stay an extra day in Launceston and Bicheno.
- AMAlannaWritten on February 15, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Really enjoy our Tassie trip with Storm & John. Both were friendly and informative. Brilliant way to check out Tasmania without the hassle of driving yourself.
- KatyWritten on January 19, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I had a really great time doing the Ultimate 8 tour! We had John as our guide for the 3 days in Hobart and he was super knowledgeable about the all the areas we visited. Pick-ups were a bit late on our Port Arthur day (these things happen) so John kindly... Read more
- HPHelenWritten on January 15, 20194.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Itinerary was excellent. We saw and did many things every day. Transportation, minibus, generally comfortable for me, but not so good for taller people. Accommodation: Brichena hostel was a huge disappointment, bunk rooms and shower/toilets not clean,... Read more
- CHClaudiaWritten on January 4, 20193.0 - AverageShow detailed ratings
Tour in general good, the accommodation was really bad poor quality hostels, infected of bedbugs. I have an allergic reaction of bedbugs bites.
- marianWritten on January 3, 20193.5 - GoodShow detailed ratings
I enjoyed the tour but would have liked more commentary on the long drives. Very little information was given about the places we visited. Except for the three day trips from Hobart the quides were excellent and very obliging . Overall it was very good... Read more
- PSPaulaWritten on December 29, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
The 'out of city' sector of the 8 day tour was excellent. Town/city tour guides left a little to be desired..Not entertaining in the least.. Just glad we had a great guide in James and an exceptional and diverse group of travellers who got along extremely well
- SLSHIYAWritten on December 24, 20183.5 - GoodShow detailed ratings
We had an amazing time. Both our guides Sharpie and Mat have been so helpful and kind. There are many highlights of the trip including Mt Cradle, Mt Wellington, Wineglass Bay and Mona! We didn't like the days including Port Arthur and Bruny Island although... Read more
- MPMarkWritten on November 20, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I had a fantastic time on the tour. Tasmania is beautiful!! The memories of the people I met and the places I saw will last a lifetime. I selected the 8 day option, with the last 3 based from Hobart and was glad I did. The 5 day overland was fast paced... Read more
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Elgin4th July 2019
- Upcoming departures
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- ThursdaySep 26, 2019from Hobart8 DaysThursdayOct 3, 2019to Hobart5 seats left$15USD $749
- SundaySep 29, 2019from Hobart8 DaysSundayOct 6, 2019to Hobart5 seats left$15USD $749
- ThursdayOct 3, 2019from Hobart8 DaysThursdayOct 10, 2019to Hobart5 seats left$15USD $749
- SundayOct 6, 2019from Hobart8 DaysSundayOct 13, 2019to Hobart5 seats left$15USD $749
- ThursdayOct 10, 2019from Hobart8 DaysThursdayOct 17, 2019to Hobart5 seats left$15USD $749
- SundayOct 13, 2019from Hobart8 DaysSundayOct 20, 2019to Hobart5 seats left$15USD $749
- ThursdayOct 17, 2019from Hobart8 DaysThursdayOct 24, 2019to Hobart5 seats left$15USD $749
- SundayOct 20, 2019from Hobart8 DaysSundayOct 27, 2019to Hobart5 seats left$15USD $749
- ThursdayOct 24, 2019from Hobart8 DaysThursdayOct 31, 2019to Hobart5 seats left$15USD $749
- SundayOct 27, 2019from Hobart8 DaysSundayNov 3, 2019to Hobart5 seats left$15USD $749
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Australia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Australia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Start and end in Hobart.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- For any tour departing before 25 October 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 25 October 2019, a minimum payment of 25% is required to confirm your booking with Under Down Under Tours. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 35 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Under Down Under Tours. Please familiarise yourself with the Under Down Under Tours payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Under Down Under Tours will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Under Down Under Tours : Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Hobart (Australia)
- 55 km
- Russell Falls (Australia)
- 11 km
- Mount Field National Park (Australia)
- 73 km
- Lake St Clair (Australia)
- 48 km
- Franklin Gordon Wild Rivers National Park (Australia)
- 54 km
- Strahan (Australia)
- 11 km
- Henty Dunes (Australia)
- 33 km
- Montezuma Falls (Australia)
- 39 km
- Strahan (Australia)
- 81 km
- Cradle Mountain (Australia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $749 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,425 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 119 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Ultimate 8 via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 15 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Ultimate 8