Rome & Ideal Classic Tour
- Our saving
- US $ 1,533
- See the best of Rome
- Visit the Piazza del Duomo in Florence
- Explore Venice by boat
- Enjoy the panoramic Como Lake
- Age range
- 3 to 80 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- NANickWritten on September 14, 20182.0 - Rather poorThe itinery seemed good in theory INITIALLY,but in practice and in time all was spoilt by extremely poor TOUR GUIDE(Patrizia) performance and some local guides in Rome & Florence.She omitted several visit locations and most local guides were rushed with very brief explanations and shorter than 3 hours duration(more like 2 hours).The local guide for Siena (Bernadette)was excellent and professional in all. Some important sites were totally omitted for example-Day 3-ASSISI St.Clare"s Church visit. Day7.LAKE COMO visit was totally bypassed also. Throughout the entire tour,she gave the tour bus DRIVER a very hard time interfering and arguing with his duties and routes to use.He knew and did his job very well under her constant and persistent arguments and pressure.He tried and kept calm.Both knew beforehand that myself and my wife are fluent in the Italian language and understood all.She made also a statement to him that she prefers larger groups as there is more interaction.There were only 9 persons in this tour and a smaller bus was used.There was unexpected delay due to mechanical breakdown in the public ferry service at LIDO Pier when we were leaving with tour bus the Venice Villa Mabapa hotel.Patricia found the courage to go to argue one to one about the delay with one of the Ferry Managers who was directing vehicle traffic.An incoming ferry was eventually used as replacement later.All passengers and most vehicles were transferred to another incoming ferry docked on another pier next to original pier.Original ferry was left stranded at the original pier. Visits to Padua & Milan were made with haste.There was to be a local guide for Milan for 3 hours on the last morning after breakfast.For some reason,the local person could not attend.Patrizia did the tour guide instead.She did a very rushed job in 2 hours and did not show us much of Milan. As the tour progressed from Day One,it became less and less enjoyable for all. Our overall impressions,observations and feelings indicate that most tour guides(including Patrizia) were very lazy and tried to avoid work whenever and wherever possible and shorten the burden &duration.They were not keen nor enthusiastic to be a professional service provider.It was a chore and the lesser they did in the shortest time,the happier they would become as it gave each more free time to themselves.They were not willing to give the tour participants just that little bit more in their service quality and quantity.Most (if not all) of the participants felt the same as me and my wife.We were all disappointed,let down and short changed for the prices paid and time spent.We would only praise the actual tour bus driver(name forgotten) and the local SIENA tour guide(Bernadette) as persons and as workers.Food in Meals was generally short changed in QUANTITY AND QUALITY(apart from Breakfasts). To Whoever Reads and Notes these above comments ! ! Please PASS this information on as worded to "MARIO"at GARTOURS as there are important and vital changes to be made for the benefit and survival of the GARTOURS business and its personnel.It is extremely important and necessary information to be acted upon urgently. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to disclose here our experience with one of your tour products named "Rome&Ideal Classic Tour" of 11th August,2018 to 18th August,2018.Gartour by Destination Italia Booking I.D:GAR 246528 We are looking forward to receiving as early as possible from both TOURRADAR and GARTOUR separate and independent comments and replies per Emails and/or telephone calls......Thanking you all in anticipation of your replies. If "MARIO" OF GARTOURS is not sufficiently fluent in the English Language-We can communicate directly in the ITALIAN Language. MILLE GRAZIE IN ANTICIPO,PER LA VOSTRA RISPOSTA Se per caso "MARIO" della Ditta GARTOURS non puo comunicare abbastanza bene nella lingua Inglese-possiamo comunicare direttamente nella Lingua ITALIANAShow detailed ratingsGartour by Destination Italia commented on this reviewDear Nick, thanks for your precious feedback about the tour, it is very important to us. The Guide Patriza does not work for Gartour Destination Italia anymore and this is just the first step in quality improvement process of all our products. Hope to have you again on one of our tours. thanks again and best regards.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- DAY 1 • SATURDAY: ROME * (pre-tour package)
- DAY 2 • SUNDAY: ROME * (pre-tour package)
- DAY 3 • MONDAY: ROME - ASSISI - SIENA - FLORENCE
- DAY 4 • TUESDAY: FLORENCE
- DAY 5 • WEDNESDAY: FLORENCE - PADUA - VENICE
- DAY 6 • THURSDAY: VENICE
- DAY 7 • FRIDAY: VENICE - VERONA - SIRMIONE (Lake Garda) - LAKE COMO - MILAN
- DAY 8 • SATURDAY: MILAN or ROME*
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Rather poor by past passengers
GuideRated Bad by past passengers
MealsRated Rather poor by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Ellen22nd July 2018
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Rome is the starting point and Milan is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Gartour by Destination Italia booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 18 December 2018 the full payment of $1,533 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1533 for Rome & Ideal Classic Tour, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Gartour by Destination Italia will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Gartour by Destination Italia : Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Rome (Italy)
- 130 km
- Assisi (Italy)
- 108 km
- Siena (Italy)
- 51 km
- Florence (Italy)
- 188 km
- Padua (Italy)
- 34 km
- Venice (Italy)
- 103 km
- Verona (Italy)
- 30 km
- Sirmione (Italy)
- 120 km
- Lake Como (Italy)
- 59 km
- Milan (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,533 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,394 tours in Europe
- covered by 259 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Rome & Ideal Classic Tour via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Rome & Ideal Classic Tour